Ebay UK want high volume sellers to register as bussiness any comments? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-30-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Ebay UK want high volume sellers to register as bussiness any comments?

BELOW IS TEXT FROM EBAY UK... what are your thought about upgrading your account and getting killed by ebay due to wrong address/previous suspended address... most welcome insights into this unforeseen possible suspension

Action for PowerSellers
The majority of PowerSellers on eBay are registered as businesses, they benefit from an enhanced level of service from eBay and are clearly visible as PowerSellers to buyers. From March, we will require that PowerSellers who are not already registered as businesses on eBay take a few moments to upgrade their account to continue to enjoy the benefits of the PowerSeller programme.

Make sure you're registered as a business account.

Action for high volume sellers who aren't PowerSellers
In the next few weeks, we will start to send alerts to sellers who are operating on very high levels of sales but who are not yet registered as a business. Two factors are taken into account, the gross merchandise volume (GMV) of your sales and the number of items you sold in the last three months. The alert will be sent to My Messages and will explain the steps to upgrade your account. You do not need to be a PowerSeller to receive this alert. The process to upgrade to a business account is straightforward and only takes a few minutes. If you receive this alert, you will have to follow those few simple steps in order to continue selling on eBay.

Find out now if you should register as a business on eBay
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

It appears to me to be YET another eBay plot to control the seller and get more
money for ebay. Sounds dangerous.
Old 01-31-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Let us know what they require if you're asked to upgrade. It's probably not that bad.
Old 02-06-2008
Threadstarter  

well what they are asking might be very disturbing for some.. they want to display your registered address in each of the listings.. many resellers voiced their concerns regardign privacy so now they are saying that they should give their bussiness name and address in atleast one area.. either listings, about me page, or a custom shop page.. do u think those of us who are operating bussiness on a previous suspended address are now vulnerable ?
Old 02-06-2008

i have had several power seller IDs on ebay UK prior to my suspensions and can confirm stuff is sent out the post 100% for each one

Last one i regsitered was April 2007

On my new IDs i have now (none i have chosen to subscribe) are all doing awesome and cant see any benefits from upgrading to PowerSeller personally
Old 02-06-2008

Longevity: 95%

It's EU Law that forces all business's <------ (that's gotta be to many S's) to display the business address, of course for most Ebay sellers, that is going to be there home/residential address, and all sorts of privacy factors come into effect... there's enough f*cking loons on Ebay without them having access to you home details.. i personally believe in the Uk anyway, that it's a forerunner for the inland revenue to start taking the cut they have been missing out on since Ebay inception.
Old 02-22-2008

Longevity: 93%

Surely it's easier to call yourself a 'private seller'.
Are there any pitfalls in doing that ?
Old 02-22-2008

Longevity: 94%

Ah, glad this thread came up. Got this myself today!
As I'm not selling a huge volume just yet (don't want to alert PP), I put myself as a private seller. Because, at the end of the day, I'm NOT business.

I guess sooner or later (I'm WILL be selling more than £750 a month, so I will become a powerseller) they will request to upgrade to business account.

Not really to sure how the process works.
Old 02-22-2008

Default solution: incorporate

Registered address can be changed as ltd company, mine is my accountants address. Need a new address on ebay.. well change the business registered address... of course you actually have to have access to the post, if worst comes to worse, change your accountant, and change the address to your new accountants address.

If you dont want an accountant, use a friends or something, but as a ltd by law you have to display your companies name at the address, so if you use a friends you have to do that.
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

if your ebay preferences are set to email only and not post how can you receive any posts?? i have turned the post option off in my powersellers account and i havent received a single post in the last 3 months.. although it is the same address as my suspended one but change of wording..
Old 02-22-2008

Longevity: 93%

EU law !!!
Big Brother is watching you !
Does ebay really want us to keep using them ?
I imagine that this rule does not apply to those living in the USA.
I'm in the UK, but have many relatives in the USA.
Think I may arrange something with them.
Also, may I suggest ebay's competitor... 'ioffer.com'
Old 02-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 17%

Does this law apply if you are selling in the UK from the USA? Thanks
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

if you are registered as a UK seller than yes.. if you are registered in USA but selling in UK then maybe not... chances are less that u will get any message from ebay about account limitation
Old 02-23-2008

I don't really see why ebay should require high volume sellers to register as a business. How do they know how much profit is being made per item sold. I remember a while back on one of my powerseller accounts, I was selling dvds but the net profit I made per dvd is nothing mind blowing lol. In terms of volume I was selling pretty high, but in terms of money coming in NOWHERE near a business level.
Old 02-23-2008

Well that's exactly my issue silver_surfer. No WAY am I anywhere near the scale of a business, yet they still say that if you are buying to sell you have to register as a business.

Odd really.
Old 02-23-2008
Threadstarter  

silver surfer and mantisinc both of you dont understand one principle, which makes you a bussiness seller.. anything which u buy to resell makes u a bussiness even if you make a loss.. do u think bussinesses always make profits? NO ? they lose as well... so even if you make 1 cent as a profit it is still your profit.. and HMRC wants you to declare that 1cent as your profit.. you should register as self employed and pay national contributions which is now a days 28.5£ every three months.. if you are expected to make less than 4500£ a year u can also apply for exemption from paying contributions.. however paying is good as it covers u in future and u can claim certain benefits if u want.. anyway.. to cut it short.. in bussiness they dont see if u r making volumes of profit to consider as a bussiness... got it ?? YEAH
Old 02-23-2008

Thanks for clearing that one up Powerbid
Old 11-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 32%
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Ebay UK want high volume sellers to register as bussiness any comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablodomingo View Post
thanks guys
Great way to get those post notches, mandingo
Old 11-28-2019

Longevity: 25%
Default Re: Ebay UK want high volume sellers to register as bussiness any comments?

Holy Necrothread