Really Need Expert Advice Please!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Exclamation Really Need Expert Advice Please!!

I've been doing A LOT of research on the internet and primarily on this forum literally everyday for the past week now...When it comes down to it, I'm glad I have many options but I REALLY need solid advice on what to do....So if anyone can help I totally appreciate it...

OK, here's my situation in short...my powerseller account which was linked to my paypal account was suspended due to non-payment of ebay fees and negative feedback I started to get about 3-4months ago. both were my first and only ebay and paypal accounts and all of the information is real and legitimate and were linked to my real CC and bank account. before i got suspended from ebay, i managed to close down my paypal account. fast forward to today; i still owe ebay money and still suspended. i recently did something stupid which was i openned a new ebay seller account and new paypal account using a family member's name, ss and email but used the same address as my previous ebay and paypal account. everything was ok and verified until ebay saw my address was the same as my old account and immediately suspended my new account. so to be safe, i immediately closed the new paypal account as well.

Now, I have no interest in selling on ebay or trying to create a new seller account on ebay. However, I really do want a PayPal account to use on my website and on other auction sites, etc. I would prefer If I could use my real info again like in my first paypal account, but i am afraid that ebay may do something to my new paypal account if i open one. I am planning on using a different email, but my ss, name, address, and cc will be the same. I will be using a different bank account. Is this a bad idea??? Some options I have are, I can use a different address and phone number in my name which are verifiable. I can also use a prepaid CC...I just really need to know if I can still use my REAL identity with paypal without any trouble now or in the future with ebay...also, the last thing i want is ebay to charge my new paypal account the fees from my first suspended ebay account.

PLEASE LEND ME YOUR ADVICE!!! Thank you all in advance. :o
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-18-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Have you checked your first Paypal account? I don't think you'll have a problem using it for things Other then eBay. I had one Paypal account which was linked to many suspended eBay accounts and we continue to use it today with no problem for our personal sites. If it's still active, try and use it. If not then just open a new account with the information you want. I have 3 accounts with the same information on it with no problem.
Old 02-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Have you checked your first Paypal account? I don't think you'll have a problem using it for things Other then eBay. I had one Paypal account which was linked to many suspended eBay accounts and we continue to use it today with no problem for our personal sites. If it's still active, try and use it. If not then just open a new account with the information you want. I have 3 accounts with the same information on it with no problem.
Thanks aspkin, re-assurance from you helps a lot. I closed down my first paypal account with fears that eBay would cause problems with paypal since it was linked with them. I know ebay owns and runs paypal (right? please correct me if i'm wrong) so I am pretty paranoid due to the possibility that maybe both ebay and paypal seemingly work together to hunt-down and identify previous and currently suspended ebay sellers. My reasoning behind this is because ebay and paypal are, technically, the same company (again correct me if i'm wrong on this) so maybe ebay has access to paypal's user database and can automatically flag suspended users...Are ebay and paypal integrated in such a way? Again, please tell me if i'm just being too paranoid by thinking this....On the other hand, if simply opening a new paypal account with my real info will not trigger any repercussions with ebay; hey I’m totally for that....again, keep in mind that I no intension on using this new paypal account i plan to setup on ebay.
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If you open a new paypal account AND have no link at all to ebay, then how can ebay link you? Since this is a stand alone paypal account it is fine.
Old 02-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone for your replies so far...Another important question I have is, what would happen if I linked a new ebay account which I setup containing "false" info (name, address, etc.) to a new paypal account with all my real info?
Old 02-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

paypal pays attention to bank account NUMBERS only. The bank account must
have valid numbers. You can use prepaid gift cards as well.
Old 02-19-2008
Threadstarter  

At this point, it seems i've come to the sad realization I am sure almost everyone on this site eventually comes to...And that is, screw eBay.

The way I see it, even if you try your best to do things legitimately (like was doing) on eBay, something will still come up that they can screw you on. eBay has one thing going for it, the only reason I used to sell there in the first place; and thats their huge customer/user base and somewhat free advertising for my business.

The sad truth is, like most entrepreneurs on this forum, I simply don't have the time to waste constantly monitoring eBay and always trying to be several steps ahead in the "game" just so I can use their services I mentioned above for my perfectly legitimate and honest business. No, I think this time should be spent focusing on my company and not on eBay (duh).

It's just a real shame that eBay treats even the most honest sellers like hardened criminals and we would eventually have to resort to "questionable" business tactics we as honest sellers wouldn't normally do just to appease ebay so they would allow us to keep kissing their a**es.

Oh well, c'est la vie...
Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinjomusashi View Post
At this point, it seems i've come to the sad realization I am sure almost everyone on this site eventually comes to...And that is, screw eBay.

The way I see it, even if you try your best to do things legitimately (like was doing) on eBay, something will still come up that they can screw you on. eBay has one thing going for it, the only reason I used to sell there in the first place; and thats their huge customer/user base and somewhat free advertising for my business.

The sad truth is, like most entrepreneurs on this forum, I simply don't have the time to waste constantly monitoring eBay and always trying to be several steps ahead in the "game" just so I can use their services I mentioned above for my perfectly legitimate and honest business. No, I think this time should be spent focusing on my company and not on eBay (duh).

It's just a real shame that eBay treats even the most honest sellers like hardened criminals and we would eventually have to resort to "questionable" business tactics we as honest sellers wouldn't normally do just to appease ebay so they would allow us to keep kissing their a**es.

Oh well, c'est la vie...
I agree totally. At the end of the day it all comes down to time. Opening up new account, waiting for direct deposits, waiting for customer service replies, resetting IP's, clearing cookies, keeping notes on all different accounts/login, and going through the huge hassle of when paypal throw a limit on your account.

It's the sad truth that a large proportion of us are innocent sellers just making an extra income, and the fact that we get so excited when we have easy access to our money that we've earnt, is...well just wrong.
Old 02-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

I recieved a limitation on a new account new address Wife name. They are asking for invoices for merchandise. is there a site i can get ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones. I dont want to give myu suppliers info. Pay pal already holding an account of mine hostage.
Old 02-23-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsummer View Post
I recieved a limitation on a new account new address Wife name. They are asking for invoices for merchandise. is there a site i can get ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ones. I dont want to give myu suppliers info. Pay pal already holding an account of mine hostage.
Just go to images.google.com and do a search for "chinese invoices" or something to that nature...what you do with them is up to you...hope that helps.