Ebay category item limit. Old account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-30-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Ebay category item limit. Old account

Hello

I have a 5 month non steal account, it has 100% positive feedback, 5.0 DSR in everything and a score of 54 feedback. I have been selling cellphones accessories like covers, charms, stickers that kind of stuff. I have been spreading my sales between 2 accounts. Usually I can sell 100 items or $5000 each month. When I tried today of listing an item they sent me an alert that I had reached the limit in that category.... then I went to my other account and same thing. These account are not linked in any way. I don't understand if I have more than 90 days account all positive feedback and not a single case open by any buyer how I have get this message. Can some one advice me what to do? I am listing under a different category right now but I am afraid that might put me under the eBay radar. Any advices?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 82%

The message you are getting is related to certain items like "Coach" or "Louis Vuitton". On some accounts you may be able to list 1 per 30 days and other accounts you may be able to list 5 items per 30 days. There is no set time limit as the when they raise the limit in this situation. Listing the items in other categories is a good way to get your account limited if somebody was to report you. The only thing you can do is open more accounts to spread the sales over them.
The Following User Says Thank You to cardfelon For This Useful Post:
kenshin03 (10-01-2011)
Old 09-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Spread sales through new accounts is a good advice tip.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
kenshin03 (10-01-2011)
Old 09-30-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I just list like or similar items in a category close to what you are selling.

Actually is an old trick of mine.

Most everyone is listing in that category anyway so I do well, no, very well listing in an off category because there is no competition.

I sell a nice amount of items in the off categories because people see it being different then what is listed and it draws attention.

Example.

List mens belts in mens pants section.
List perfume in vanity items
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
kenshin03 (10-01-2011), madmuppet303 (09-30-2011)
Old 10-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
The message you are getting is related to certain items like "Coach" or "Louis Vuitton". On some accounts you may be able to list 1 per 30 days and other accounts you may be able to list 5 items per 30 days. There is no set time limit as the when they raise the limit in this situation. Listing the items in other categories is a good way to get your account limited if somebody was to report you. The only thing you can do is open more accounts to spread the sales over them.

No my items are cellphone accessories.... covers, stickers, screen protectors just the usual crap for cellphones no any item like Coach or Luis Vuitton.... I have never sold that stuff in my life. I have sold more than 200 cellphones accessories in the last 3 month no problems no bad feedback.... I don't really know why this is happening.... Any ideas??
Old 10-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I just list like or similar items in a category close to what you are selling.

Actually is an old trick of mine.

Most everyone is listing in that category anyway so I do well, no, very well listing in an off category because there is no competition.

I sell a nice amount of items in the off categories because people see it being different then what is listed and it draws attention.

Example.

List mens belts in mens pants section.
List perfume in vanity items
Today I sold one of my cellphones covers in the Ipad and tablet category and until now everything is well.... I usually sell 1-5 items every day... can I keep that volume of sales in the off category without being detected by the eBay radar or do I need to start selling slowly? I will take new photos and make a new description tomorrow to make it difficult to anyone reporting my listings to report me again. I dont think is a reporter since one of my account didnt sell that stuff in almost a month and even that acount had the same stupid problem. It seems yo are use to do this tricks could you give me any advice that will help me on this? Thank you.
Old 10-01-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Go slow with it.

Remember the competition is watching you and as mine does, they soon follow me and do the same thing if they see me selling well.

You do not want to flood the off category with it because you do not want to draw attention to anyone except the buyers.

Good job with selling in an off category. Works for me all the time.

Actually one of those idiot buyers sent me a message today telling me an item I was selling is not antique and it should not be in the antique section.

I asked them why not? They said the antique section is only for items 100 years old or older.

Some buyers believe they make the rules. Not many 100 year old items out there anymore to be limiting a section to it. The antique section has something like 350,000 items listed and I am sure 349,900 of those things are not 100+ years old.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
kenshin03 (10-01-2011)
Old 10-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Go slow with it.

Remember the competition is watching you and as mine does, they soon follow me and do the same thing if they see me selling well.

You do not want to flood the off category with it because you do not want to draw attention to anyone except the buyers.

Good job with selling in an off category. Works for me all the time.

Actually one of those idiot buyers sent me a message today telling me an item I was selling is not antique and it should not be in the antique section.

I asked them why not? They said the antique section is only for items 100 years old or older.

Some buyers believe they make the rules. Not many 100 year old items out there anymore to be limiting a section to it. The antique section has something like 350,000 items listed and I am sure 349,900 of those things are not 100+ years old.
Thank you

I will do that.... any way I hope is just for a month then I will return to the usual category..... Ebay is so stupid about this.... don't they realize that they are losing money because of these stupid regulations? I will try to sell slowly 1 item each day one different picture and description each day and see what happens. Thank you