ebay and paypal link - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-08-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default ebay and paypal link

Hi,
How's everyone doing? My account is suspended and my suspended account has linked to my existing paypal account. Do you think I can still add a new email address to my existing paypal account and use this new email address to receive and pay ebay fees for my new ebay account ? I assume my new ebay account is created under step by step through Aspkin guide. Thanks for any help here.

locus
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi Modee,

Thanks for your fast reply. How do I break the link between paypal and ebay since i already got suspended? I assume remove the primary address is the way to remove the link between paypal and ebay, am I correct ? By the way, which virtual credit card or gift card website is good ? Thanks for your big helps.

Locus
Old 02-10-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Yes, removing the same email you used for your eBay account would be wise. If you only have one email address on your Paypal account then, simply add a new email address first, make it primary, and delete your old email address.

It's not necessary to do this each time if the email used was not set as the primary email address for your Paypal account, but since it was then yes it's a good idea. If not you could simply add a new email address and you would be good to go. But that's something else.

Also I use simon.com virtual accounts, but you could try giftcard.com, they're supposedly good.
Old 02-10-2007

I have 2 ebay accounts suspended. when they got whacked I deleted all the corresponding email addresses off my paypal account and set up new ones including a new primary.

I then took on my mates dormant since '05 ebay account with the new primary and started trading.

late last year I set up 2 new ebay accounts and added new email addresses in paypal.

When I checked my info in ebay for these new accounts they are already linked to my paypal account. I never chose to do this and it seems to have done so automatically.

the problem is that my address for paypal is my home address which is still 'tainted' by the 2 suspended ebay accounts.

will T&S catch up with me because of this? I've unlinked them and will change my home address in paypal but fear its too late
Old 02-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I don't think so, it's usually a instant suspension if you're caught. If you haven't been suspended yet because of it, you should be okay.
Old 02-16-2007

Default ebay and paypal link

Just wondering if it's necessary to remove an email address from your paypal account if it's linked to a suspended user account even if you never plan to use it on ebay again? Can it likely be used against you later on and better to get rid of it completely? So far I've had no problems, but just to be on the safe side thought I'd ask.