Question after sale gone wrong - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-04-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Exclamation Question after sale gone wrong

I had recently bought one Office Home software from overseas, the seller told me it comes with COA. Then, I sold it on eBay, and before I even shipped it, buyer already left me a positive feedback saying "good transaction from beginning to an end". Sounds shady right there. After I shipped the software and he received it, he said that he contacted Microsoft and they told him that COA and Disc wasn't genuine. He then told me that Microsoft wants my info and the software. And asked me to contact him as soon as possible. My concern here is it looks like he just wants me to give him a refund, and he keeps the software. Is it the best thing to do here? I have a stealth account with all information including bank info not under my name or social. Could I persist on returning the software back to my address (once again with receivers name same as on eBay account) with justification of taking the software back where I got it from? He has a good eBay account with lots of feedback, however I have noticed that he also buys and sell many software. What should I do in this case? I will definitely send him a massage asking for details such as: was software not working, that he contacted Microsoft and stuff like that. As of right now, I am more inclined to just give him a refund, and forget about it, but....
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-04-2011

Longevity: 72%

I hope you learned your lesson NOT to sell foo-foo stuff like this. With that being said I will try to help you out. First of all if you buy software online and it is a china version, you can report it to microsoft and depending on who you talk to you can get anywhere from 20%-70%+ off a genuine version directly from them. In order for the buyer to get a hell of a deal on the real version they have to provide microsoft with the product, ebay seller name, shipping label, etc, basically anything they want (most of this is obtainable directly through ebay, or information you have already given them). Clearly this seller knows exactly what he is doing, but at the same time you both are at fault, which makes your selling business plan no worse than his buying plan. I would refund the buyer, and let them keep the money. There is no reason to sell this in the first place, so do not fight something you can not win. This is one of the most common issues on this forum that needs to stop. Selling software, headphone, etc., that are the "hot" and "in style" item are NEVER a good idea. Sure you can buy a dozen of them for $120 bucks, and profit over a thousand, but at the same time it only takes one buyer to realize you are selling these and report you to ebay or worse the company itself. So like I said before, you need to come up with a pretty good excuse on why you sold this to the buyer, and explain they can keep it and you will refund them their money. If you have a history on ebay of these items, I would say that you may be in deeper water than you thought.

Last edited by RedShootingStar; 10-04-2011 at 03:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedShootingStar For This Useful Post:
rsot (10-04-2011)
Old 10-04-2011
Threadstarter  

I have no history selling this item, as i said I sold only one. Thanks for explaining and reassuring myself regarding this issue.
Old 10-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I don't think the buyer had any bad intentions. If you also sell on eBay it is sometimes easy to get mixed up and leave feedback before an item is received.

The other information seems right as well. Sellers on DHgate will tell you that their software is genuine, or the Chinese OEM verson and comes with the COA. And it DOES - but the COA is counterfeit, as is the rest of the package.

Microsoft - to combat counterfeiting - will offer a discount, or even free software to those who are willing to turn in sellers of counterfeit items.

I would refund the buyer and stop selling software on that account.

Also, for future reference, any sellers on DHgate, AliExpress, TradeTang, etc. who sell brand name, trademarked or copyrighted items are selling counterfeits. MicroSoft does NOT sell $500 versions of Office for $25. Movie studios do NOT sell box sets of DVD's for $20. Louis Vuitton does NOT sell $3,000 purses for fifty bucks.
Old 10-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Does Adobe uses the same thing as Microsoft?
Old 10-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Well put Jeff Weico - Do NOT pass go - Do NOT collect $200.