when the time comes when you can't leave negative feedback anymore... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default when the time comes when you can't leave negative feedback anymore...

The day when eBay disables the ability for sellers to leave negative feedback for buyers, I will be leaving positive feedback for bad buyers but with something highly visible for anyone that checks feedback profiles. Something like:

=====WARNING: BAD BUYER=====

It will count as a positive, of course...but other sellers checking the profiles will notice it easier. I think we should all do this when the day comes
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

What will you do if there is a reaction to this?
Old 02-25-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Reaction from who? eBay? I doubt they will move to disable feedback from sellers completely. And from buyers, well obviously you wouldn't leave feedback without receiving a negative first.
Old 02-25-2008
MU

Longevity: 93%
Send a message via MSN to Mr_Wolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Wolf

Ok, that's a kids approach to this. If you do this, I would do that..

How about you include a letter along with your packing slip, enticing buyer and leaving him with positive experience.. For example if you sold him a DVD+R, tell him, you have in your hands an actual DVD, we offer 5 year warranty on it. Please buy more and help us spread the truth world wide!

You have a cheap chinese whatever. You have in your hands an actual high quality whatever, with beautiful sexy curves, and eye popping color. Enjoy your experience!

That, VS.

If you are for whatever reason not satisfied with whatever, please contact us, and we will make it right..

Those who don't know DJing and PUA, first two examples are positive and leave your buyer with positive experience. The latter one is negative, sets his mind into negative mode, and attracts negative behaviour on the part of buyer.

Encaurage positive behaviour, by making everything you do positive. This will keep you safe for the most part, but you'd still get people that leave a neg, or a neautral.. In that case..

BUYER IS NOT QUALIFIED TO SHOP WITH US ANYMORE. F-----

This little piece gets that buyer mad, because he is told he is not qualified to shop with you any longer. In other words he has been rejected. In men this hits the balls, and in women this makes them think they are not beautiful or damaged in some way.. Wait a week, and send withdrawal request.

They might contact you after you leave them that. It would be a **** test, don't reply to that. If you come up on their radar as ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they'd ignore your comment, but if you come across as trully a man or woman of quality, that little comment will decrease their self worth. Wait a week and send withdrawl request.

Here is an example of one such letter:

Quote:
BROTHER,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE. YOU BOUGHT SOMETHING SPECIAL, WATCH IT. DO YOUR OWN DEDUCTIONS. THINK FOR YOURSELF.

WE WANT AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE TO SEE THIS FILM AND THINK FOR THEMSELVES. HELP US SPREAD THIS MATERIAL AMONG YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND COWORKERS. TELL THEM TO WATCH THIS MOVIE, TELL THEM TO EXPAND THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING.

BUY ADDITIONAL DVDS FOR YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, COWORKERS. YOU CAN ALSO SPECIFY A SHIP-TO ADDRESS, FOR YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, CO-WORKERS. MAIL THEM THIS INFORMATION ANONYMOUSLY. SIMPLY SPECIFY ADDRESS(ES) IN YOUR PAYMENT NOTES, OR CONTACT US THROUGH EBAY OR E-MAIL.

YOU HAVE IN YOUR HANDS A PROFESSIONALLY DUPLICATED DVD. 5 YEAR WARRANTY. MAKE IT LAST BY HANDLING DVD PROPERLY. NEVER TOUCH TOP OR BOTTOM SURFACES, ONLY SIDES OR HOLE IN THE MIDDLE. NEVER WIPE ANY SURFACES WITH ANYTHING, NOT EVEN A SUNGLASS CLEANING CLOTH, ONLY USE SPECIAL DVD CLEANING KIT, OR USE AIR TO GET RID OF DEBRIS. WIPING SURFACES CAUSES SCRATCHES! DO NOT EXPOSE TO DIRECT SUN LIGHT. YOUR DVD IS GUARANTEED TO LAST YOU AT LEAST 5 YEARS, DURING THIS PERIOD OF TIME YOU MAY REQUEST RMA. AN AUCTION WILL BE OPEN SO YOU COULD LEAVE FEEDBACK.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE. REMEMBER THE UNDERLYING ISSUE AT HAND. DO NOT SIT STILL AND BE SILENT, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

http://myworld.ebay.com/$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$@$$$$$$$.com
Old 02-25-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yep, I do that already. Some idiots still find it funny to leave a negative, though.
Old 02-25-2008
MU

Maybe it's the wording.. Feel free to PM, I'll look things over.

In my short history I never took a neg. I did take 2 neutrals, for which I left a neg..

Then I had a buyer set negative from the get go.. I used my ways to make him leave a positive, which he did.. In return I left him a neg.. By the way, don't ever leave a neg if they live you positive, especially on super negative people. It's bad, they have no life, and all that free time they have left they'd be looking for ways to make your life misirable. Not worth it.
Old 02-25-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I got only 2 negatives with about 3000 items sold. One was an idiot that asked me if the item was made of plastic or another material. I told him plastic. He asked me again, is it really made of plastic? I answered him yes. 2 weeks later, he got the item and left me a negative saying "item is made of plastic. seller is a liar".

the other one left me a negative saying that he was very happy with the item but upset because shipping took 2 weeks. i clearly state in my listings that it takes 3-4 weeks with regular mail from Japan.
Old 02-25-2008
MU

Ok, so you're Japanese..

If your English is not clear, and if it comes across as negative, people are going to have negative experience with you.. Most Asians come across as too agressive and negative.. Especially true of Chinese..

It's basically the way they speak, and the way readers interprit them.. It gets down to how people perceive you..

That can be altered by the way..

Now what I found to be true. If people ask you dumb questions, they are more likely to be dissatisfied.. In fact, any question is a dumb question.. It means that description does not communicate to them what they are getting.. Thus from the get go they are set to have a negative experience, and every little thing will set them off..

If I get a question I check buyer out.. Sometimes they are just playa hating competition, I ban them.. Sometimes they are bad buyers, I ban them.. It isn't very often to come across someone with legitimate questions..

Further, if they ask you same thing twice then it means they didn't read your answer..

Feel free to show me one of your auctions, there is always something that can be done to wording to improve it.
Old 02-25-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
=====WARNING: BAD BUYER=====
This is what I will be doing...

Mr Wolf I think your missing the point. He is just saying there are alot of idiot buyers who leave neg feedback and since we won't be able to neg back atleast other sellers will see the warning...and why encourage a bad buyer back to do business with you?

An example: I got a neg fb 'item not as described' from a guy who bought a CD from me and said there was a crack in the CD case. I appologized for the occurance and that it happend during shipping and I would gladly send him a new case. He didn't want it and wouldn't remove the feeback. A neg fb for a cracked CD case that costs 50 cents to replace?
Old 02-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelizardking View Post
This is what I will be doing...

Mr Wolf I think your missing the point. He is just saying there are alot of idiot buyers who leave neg feedback and since we won't be able to neg back atleast other sellers will see the warning...and why encourage a bad buyer back to do business with you?

An example: I got a neg fb 'item not as described' from a guy who bought a CD from me and said there was a crack in the CD case. I appologized for the occurance and that it happend during shipping and I would gladly send him a new case. He didn't want it and wouldn't remove the feeback. A neg fb for a cracked CD case that costs 50 cents to replace?
Yes, these are the kind of buyers I dislike...but as much as one tries to avoid, they still come around.
Old 02-25-2008

I know I wish there was some way to tell...sometimes its unbelievable what a buyer will complain about.
Old 02-25-2008

there are just some buyers that get more gratification out of leaving a negative feedback then to get the item replaced or get a refund.
Old 02-25-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Reaction from who? eBay? I doubt they will move to disable feedback from sellers completely. And from buyers, well obviously you wouldn't leave feedback without receiving a negative first.

Leaving what some people are calling "False Positive" ie.. " ****TOSSER AVOID***" etc... WILL see Ebay calling a time on the buyer leaving feedback at all, and i personally think they shall move on the "automated positive feedback" after all, Ebay are out for a "positive buying experience", any backlash from aggreived sellers will just result in Ebay taking the option out of your hands..
Old 02-25-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Wolf View Post
If people ask you dumb questions, they are more likely to be dissatisfied.. In fact, any question is a dumb question.. It means that description does not communicate to them what they are getting..
Not on eBay. I've found you can spell out exactly what they're getting in big bold print right at the top of the auction, and buyers will still ask you the same questions you addressed directly right at the beginning of your listing. I would not be surprised if even half the buyers on eBay just bid on stuff without bothering to read the description.
Old 02-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalawash View Post
Not on eBay. I've found you can spell out exactly what they're getting in big bold print right at the top of the auction, and buyers will still ask you the same questions you addressed directly right at the beginning of your listing. I would not be surprised if even half the buyers on eBay just bid on stuff without bothering to read the description.
Most of them do bid without reading...I always get questions like, How Many GIG'S of RAM??? or What CPU SPEED? Even though the specs are listed in big bold English letters.
Old 02-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

It is their lack of perception: they see the image of the item and think I want!
Bid, win or BIN and then realize that they have to pay high shipping, take insurance, all the good old things that they should have read right at the start.
It is like hit the paypal button 'cos that's what you do....
Old 02-29-2008

Longevity: 98%

eBay has confirmed to me if you give a non paying bidder a positive with simply "non paying bidder" then by virtue of it being positive, they get their strike removed.
Old 03-01-2008

So even leaving negative comments in a piece of positive feedback is not going to work?

Dear lord.