Technically I must accept PayPal - how do I steer buyers away from PayPal payments? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Technically I must accept PayPal - how do I steer buyers away from PayPal payments?

HI:
Several Members have asked me what kind of letter do I use to "help" the customers accept using ccnow, versus straight Paypal?
I thought I would share what I send to them.

I hope this helps some folks )

Anyhow- I basically tell them this.. (I have a note that goes with the 1st invoice, then another with the more difficult customers>>

Dear Customer:
Atatched is your link to pay for your purchase via our Merchant Acct. You can pay with PAYPAL or ANY Credit Card. Your choice. The link will take you through our merchant acct, CCNOW.
CCNOW is 100% Secure, as with ANY online purchase.
CCNOW, happens to be owned by Digital River Corp., who is also involved with Big Name Software Developer, Symantec Corp, i.e. Nortons Anti Virus,
So, Rest Assured.. your payment is SAFE.
So- if you want to use PAYPAL.. not a problem, just follow the link choose Paypal.
We ship the SAME DAY as your pyt is recd.
Best Regards,
Jane, Customer Services )

P.S. By the way, several customers have asked us about a DIRECT paypal button/link like most of the smaller sellers use on Ebay.
I am HAPPY to say, that we do NOT have a Personal Paypal acct. We have a Regular Retail Merchant account, just like Walmart.com, or Sears..
Thanks again for your Purchase +
Don't hesitate to contact us for any concerns.
Here is our main telephone number:
1-312-213-1000.

Last edited by Modee; 08-16-2008 at 05:26 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2008

Longevity: 94%

good info as usual.
Old 02-21-2008

Longevity: 98%

And do you really offer telephone support? Even listening to voice mail that some of my customers leave using the virtual phone number on my business paypal account drives me crazy lol
Old 02-21-2008
Threadstarter  

HI, LOL.. They dont call me.. I usually get Complaints from too many emails to them.. I dont give em a chance The first sign of dissatisfaction, Im on it.. I'd rather refund them up front, than even waste the postage., I can usually tell when theyre gonna be a complainer..
--They get 3 emails to pay me, then another after pyt, then 2 with tracking info, (1 from me, 1 from ups), then another the day the shipment was "left on doorstep", or delivered, then another reminding them to lv fb. )
--It makes me laugh when I get the emails "ok, enough is enough" ..stop SPAMMING me!! )
Old 02-21-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Do you ever have a problem with customers not paying attention and they just pay you directly through Paypal anyway? This would happen to me all the time when I tried using CCnow.
Old 02-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Koalawash, for some customers you could help them press the right keys for anything but paypal and they will still hit paypal. It's the brainwashing and going out of their known square.
Old 02-21-2008
MU

That was my impression too. I find it hard to believe anyone could keep their sanity for very long taking Paypal through CCnow on eBay.
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

HI- You force yourself..
When that nice "chunk" comes rolling in every 15 days, you forgot about...it's nice ! )

--The first month, you refine your skills, get better at answering their objections..they "used" to be able to tell me.. I never recd it.. so now they get it 3 times from me.. all within 5 minutes.. then again the next day, and the next ,,etc.. They Pay or they get the 7 day unpaid item...
--Then whatta u know..on day 8--They found the email!!! )
Old 02-22-2008
MU

The other thing I was worried about is, doesn't Paypal charge you a fee to refund a buyer? I don't know what you're using to type in the Paypal email address field, though.. do you just use an email that has no Paypal associated to it?
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

HI:
I dont see any extra fees?
i.e. if the sale is $100, the net to me is like $94.50, so if i refund, the $94.50 is all that comes from me..
--as for paypal, the accts are older than 11/20....Authorized for merchant acct acceptance...
Otherwise, theres a private section in members only area to address it ...)
Old 02-22-2008
MU

Weird, I could have sworn they used to charge me a fee.. Is it a personal type Paypal account, or premier/business?
Old 02-22-2008
Threadstarter  

Hi- my accts are Prem/Bus..but I don't think it matters, as ccnow is using Their pp acct,not mine..Unless I misunderstood your question? If so, I'm sorry...
Old 02-22-2008
MU

Oh yeah, sorry.. I'm not talking about refunding through CCnow, I'm talking about the issue of having to deal with buyers who are too stupid to read the auction and so they use Paypal directly through whatever Paypal email that eBay forces you to always list. Thus you are forced to refund them through your "real" Paypal account..
Old 02-24-2008

I turn off the "ebay checkout" page so they can't try to pay me via paypal from there.

Then I have an automatic invoice from Auctiva that tells them to "please wait" that I will be sending them an invoice shortly from CCNow where they can pay via paypal or credit card.

So far so good, I've only had one buyer who claims they just couldn't figure it out..not sure what the heck she was talking about so for that customer I sent a google checkout link and she paid that way.

Thanks Ebayhateluv for recommending ccnow..it's great!
Old 02-24-2008

With auctiva now, sometimes when the auctions over and doesnt show thats its closed til its a few hours later. Is that when the email is sent to? Or is it sent instantly once its closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather View Post
I turn off the "ebay checkout" page so they can't try to pay me via paypal from there.

Then I have an automatic invoice from Auctiva that tells them to "please wait" that I will be sending them an invoice shortly from CCNow where they can pay via paypal or credit card.

So far so good, I've only had one buyer who claims they just couldn't figure it out..not sure what the heck she was talking about so for that customer I sent a google checkout link and she paid that way.

Old 02-24-2008

Is it possible to somehow integrate CCNOW with eBay or at least to generate a link which a buyer could use to fill out all his information himself and pay without me sending invoices manually each time? I sell 50-100 items a day, and it's absolutely not realistic for me to send out invoices manually :(
Old 02-24-2008
Threadstarter  

HI, Stepjunk:
Not that I know of.. You will get fast at it..
Keep your ccnow window open, minimize your email window, min. your ebay window,
I can do 1 in less than 2 minutes... (copy/pasting)..

p.s. now one of the Smart guys here, who can program,etc, most likely can figure out a better way, but for now.. this i what Ive been doing since August.
Old 02-24-2008

If you have windows Vista you can click on the window with ccnow in the bar at the bottom. Click on the window with ebay while holding down the control button. Right click on one of them and select show windows side by side. Makes it much faster!
Old 02-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default Technically I must accept PayPal - how do I steer buyers away from PayPal payments?

Say you are forced to offer PayPal in your listings, in theory you could state in the listing that you will only accept PayPal if the listing stays under $xxx.xx? If it goes above say $200.00, you will only accept bank transfer or another payment method?
Old 02-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather View Post

God I wish I could do that. Unfortunately using Auctiva as a "first time" ebay user would probably raise a ton of red flags everywhere so I don't use it. People still attempt to pay me by paypal despite what I say in my auction. I turn off checkout but it's pointless because they still get the pay now button at the end of the auction so it looks like I want them to pay that way.
Old 02-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

There may be a problem. In the 'Thou Shalt Not Do', it says that you can not
list " I only accept paypal if the amount is over $15.00" so if you try to qualify
your way they may object. Their terms of agreement say the transaction
must be in accordance with policy or we will hold payment etc etc.
Old 02-26-2008

yeah, ebay wil cancel your listing if you use any wording like that. i just had some cancelled because i used the words other online payments, ie., my merchant account.