PayPal Seeks to Become the Web Payment System to Rule Them All - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-11-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Send a message via AIM to AyeDGAF Send a message via MSN to AyeDGAF
Default PayPal Seeks to Become the Web Payment System to Rule Them All

eBay is set to unveil PayPal Access, a service for letting users use their PayPal accounts on other websites without the need to register an account or a credit card.

The service, which will make its debut Wednesday at eBay’s X.Commerce developers conference in San Francisco, essentially eliminates the need to register an account at other retail websites, decreasing the steps needed to make a purchase and lowering the risk that a hacked ecommerce website will be able to steal credit card information.

“What’s different about PayPal Access is that it provides everything consumers and merchants need to create an account and transaction – from shipping to payment details,” a PayPal spokesperson told Mashable. “We’re helping retailers simplify login and account creation to help increase conversion and loyalty on merchants’ websites.”

To implement the product, PayPal has turned to Gigya and Janrain as partners. Gigya will be offering the PayPal Access API to its nearly 500 enterprise clients through its Social Login product, while Janrain will offer the API through its social checkin platform.

“Identity is going to play a huge part of how users interact on the web outside of their core social networks, and PayPal Access helps bring that vision to life,” a Gigya spokesperson told Mashable. “For retailers, we think it could have a major impact on reducing shopping cart abandonment because shoppers will only need to login once in order to go through the checkout flow.”

The product has a few big hurdles to overcome, though. Its biggest challenge will be convincing retailers that they should implement PayPal Access in addition (or instead of) a traditional user registration system. While PayPal Access reduces the friction towards a purchase, retailers won’t have as much access or control over those user accounts. It’s an issue many online retailers will have to ponder as PayPal gains steam as the web’s most prominent payment solution.

source: PayPal Access Seeks to Become the Web Payment System to Rule Them All
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AyeDGAF For This Useful Post:
FandangoKango (10-12-2011), unkown5454 (10-12-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Not f*cking cool at all.
Old 10-12-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

If somebody would just buy paypal from ebay! This must be part of the new world order! :(
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 73%

From this day PayPal does accept payments in Russia and Ukraine.
Withdrawal ONLY through American bank accounts))))
Old 10-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVP1977 View Post
From this day PayPal does accept payments in Russia and Ukraine.
Withdrawal ONLY through American bank accounts))))
fng true! I wouldn't trust ru banks either
Old 10-12-2011

Longevity: 91%

I'm not following.... how will this new service effect us as stealth sellers?
Old 10-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

That has yet to be determined. the point is that when you go to say a website that sells paintings. You click checkout on one or 2 of them. Instead of getting the popup saying you need to register on our website before you go any further you just pay with paypal and its done. No need to fill out forms on some website just to buy a small item.

It usually takes longer to fill that crap out than it does to pay for sure.

Unless I have it wrong that is what I see.
Old 10-13-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfire667 View Post
Because you would go to a website and click checkout and enter your card details and informaiton and it would record everything your ip as normal as any card processor does and it would say thank you checkout complete, but it would not say paypal just some processor from the website selling you the merchandise, but behind it would be paypal! get it?
Old 10-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I thought a lot of web shops are already capable of checking out without registration simply by using Paypal?
Old 10-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandangokango View Post
because you would go to a website and click checkout and enter your card details and informaiton and it would record everything your ip as normal as any card processor does and it would say thank you checkout complete, but it would not say paypal just some processor from the website selling you the merchandise, but behind it would be paypal! Get it?
this.......
Old 10-13-2011

Quote:
Are you serious? May be you don't know.... But there is no SSN in russia.
Old 10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVP1977 View Post
Are you serious? May be you don't know.... But there is no SSN in russia.
...your point being? I guess I must be stupid, because I still don't see what the fuss is about. Okay, so paypal is going to become a credit card processor for websites. Who cares? I thoughth this was an eBay forum, what does this news have anything to do with how we run our businesses? Sorry if I'm being daft...
Old 10-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
...your point being? I guess I must be stupid, because I still don't see what the fuss is about. Okay, so paypal is going to become a credit card processor for websites. Who cares? I thoughth this was an eBay forum, what does this news have anything to do with how we run our businesses? Sorry if I'm being daft...
You thought wrong. this is a paypal forum that you are on now. There is many topics on these forums. There is a link set to the left of this page that shows us all the topics that are discussed in these forums.

REALLY?????? lol
Old 10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
You thought wrong. this is a paypal forum that you are on now. There is many topics on these forums. There is a link set to the left of this page that shows us all the topics that are discussed in these forums.

REALLY?????? lol
Cool. Thanks for a completely unhelpful post.

Honestly, I just don't understand why everyone is freaking out, so i assume this is a big deal but i just don't understand the implications.
Old 10-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Cool. Thanks for a completely unhelpful post.

Honestly, I just don't understand why everyone is freaking out, so i assume this is a big deal but i just don't understand the implications.
No freaking out. Just correcting you on details you seem to be worried about like what is supposed to be talked about in forums. Then some sarcasm that you didnt get.

We know you dont understand the implications, its obvious. No one really does that is why its being discussed.
Old 10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
No freaking out. Just correcting you on details you seem to be worried about like what is supposed to be talked about in forums. Then some sarcasm that you didnt get.

We know you dont understand the implications, its obvious. No one really does that is why its being discussed.
Got it. Thats all i wanted to know. No need to be a dick about it.