importing from china - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 10-16-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default importing from china

Hi Guys,

I am planning to import some items from China. I was wondering what is the best method of payment for me as a buyer to be in a safe place, to ensure the goods are as described.

Escrow / paypal or any other method.

Please help guys. I appreciate.

Many Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2011

Longevity: 72%

PayPal is being weeded out on many wholesale overseas sites, since I am sure there were wayyyy too many issues considering the products they sell. I use credit card on aliexpress.com and have had zero issues for years, but I do not buy phake items. I have also contacted my bank and notified them of my business, since many of purchases are from overseas. This comes into play, when you are dealing with more charge backs than the average person has to deal with.
Old 10-16-2011

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShootingStar View Post
PayPal is being weeded out on many wholesale overseas sites, since I am sure there were wayyyy too many issues considering the products they sell. I use credit card on aliexpress.com and have had zero issues for years, but I do not buy phake items. I have also contacted my bank and notified them of my business, since many of purchases are from overseas. This comes into play, when you are dealing with more charge backs than the average person has to deal with.
concure. Always buy off Aliexpress with c.c, moneybookers etc.
Paypal dont like paying for goods from there,they will limit you quite quick
Old 10-16-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

I agree CC is your best bet my advice though do your research on the seller before you buy,because they will always send the item but when you get it if your not happy they will refund but you have to send the package back to China at your cost

Do your homework and find a good reliable seller and that won't happen don't pay for anything via western union until you have a bit of experience under your belt

oh and by the way if your gonna use ali or dh most transactions are done through escrow so you should be ok

Old 10-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Aliexpress and DHgate are trustworthy from the standpoint that both are publicly traded Chinese companies. I even have used the EWallet on DHgate with no problems.

Having said that, NEVER pay a seller outside of those sites, ALWAYS use their escrow. It is the default payment method.

NEVER use PayPal as a payment method. You will lose the attached eBay account, especially if it is a seller account.

Be aware that MANY, but not all, sellers on DHgate and AliExpress sell counterfeit merchandise. If you buy such merchandise, and it is seized by customs, a refund is NOT automatic. You have to make your case to the sites, and it could go either way.

Other than that, just use your judgment the same way you would if buying from eBay. Is the price in line more or less, with others selling the same thing? How is the seller's feedback? PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE NEGATIVES SAY! Some negatives can be ignored, such as "took almost 10 days to get my stuff" which is normal. Others may say "counterfeit merchandise seized by customs, seller refused to refund" which is something to watch out for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GREEN LION (10-17-2011), iamdeadinside (09-09-2019)
Old 10-16-2011

Yeah good points.
I have a trustworthy seller who i researched for a long time.
Ask plenty of questions etc.
Always ask obliqe questions.
Remember to always ask for sample product!!!
Old 10-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

credit card can sometimes give you protection but actually, you try proving it and getting a chargeback sorted, been there, very hard.

Paying direct to their paypal gives you protection though for snad and non receipt ( well snad returns can be difficult if they do not intend to refund) ie not paying via site but just straight to pp.
Whatever you choose your first couple of deals with a seller will be worrisome but after you gain trust both ways most china sellers are really good, because they want your repeat business, and you can sometimes send money from stealth acc and deliver to real address....china seller and you both have incentive to work things out rather than fight on paypal disputes and potentially lose both your paypals.......

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-17-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2011

Longevity: 76%

oomps has it right here.

Paying by PP is not something I would do, as previously discussed.

Paying by CC is the only way I would like to do business on there. I have been paying that way since day 1 and had no problems.

As said, pick a reliable big seller and you should have no problems. Small sellers can be good too, but always test them out with a smaller quantity first.

I never had any need to do any complaints to the CC company as the stuff received is always excellent quality and the products bought have brought good money in.
Old 10-17-2011

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Aliexpress and DHgate are trustworthy from the standpoint that both are publicly traded Chinese companies. I even have used the EWallet on DHgate with no problems.

Having said that, NEVER pay a seller outside of those sites, ALWAYS use their escrow. It is the default payment method.

NEVER use PayPal as a payment method. You will lose the attached eBay account, especially if it is a seller account.

Be aware that MANY, but not all, sellers on DHgate and AliExpress sell counterfeit merchandise. If you buy such merchandise, and it is seized by customs, a refund is NOT automatic. You have to make your case to the sites, and it could go either way.

Other than that, just use your judgment the same way you would if buying from eBay. Is the price in line more or less, with others selling the same thing? How is the seller's feedback? PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE NEGATIVES SAY! Some negatives can be ignored, such as "took almost 10 days to get my stuff" which is normal. Others may say "counterfeit merchandise seized by customs, seller refused to refund" which is something to watch out for.
Not sure were your getting your info Jeff but if items are seized using DHgate, you WILL get your money back. It may take some time until you receive seizure letter to then scan and email to DHgate. Normally though, if you have a good seller, those therms are discussed before items are sent to you. I don't see not getting your money back as an issue at all.

Also, I too use Paypal exclusively to buy from overseas companies such as DHgate. I've spent over $35k on one of my paypal accounts with attached eBay account that has alas, been suspended years ago. So yes, having a separate paypal account not attatche to any eBay account could prove beneficial.

Last edited by Recherché; 10-17-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

actually ebayking, I said paypal was ok to pay with too! as long as not via dhgate but direct.
Old 10-17-2011

Longevity: 74%

i always use dhgate, never had any problems, they take paypal
Old 10-18-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 77%
Default china import

Hi Guys,

Many Thanks guys.

If I pay via credit card then I wont be able to order in quantity. Most of the suppliers from Asia doest not accept paypal and Escrow.

I am confused what is the best and secured way to do the transaction.

Old 10-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

of course you can order quantity with card, escrow or paypal, if a supplier is not compliant, there will be another that is. Alot say they do not accept paypal, but if they want your business, and you insist, suddenly they accept it...
Old 03-01-2012

Longevity: 82%
Default I am a long term supplier from China

Quote:
Originally Posted by faislondon View Post
Hi Guys,

I am planning to import some items from China. I was wondering what is the best method of payment for me as a buyer to be in a safe place, to ensure the goods are as described.

Escrow / paypal or any other method.

Please help guys. I appreciate.

Many Thanks.
Hi,
I can share you some of my experience.
I have a customer who sell items on ebay and another customer who sells in US.
I think a good beginning is the most important. You can make business with him beginning at a small amount. And you will find whether he is you want or not.
Old 03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
actually ebayking, I said paypal was ok to pay with too! as long as not via dhgate but direct.
Since when ? Ive lost PP accounts because of sending payments to China before. If you send big enough amounts they eventually come back and hold the money then your supplier gets annoyed as you have received their goods but the money is now held. Try explaining that to someone writing in broken english...

Where have you learnt this from? Also are you sending as a gift or service?
Old 03-09-2012

Longevity: 89%

what about just buying lets say a pair of sneakers for yourself, will the Paypal account have issues if its not attached to a ebay but receives mass payments, or payments that were owed.
Old 03-10-2012

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheezone View Post
what about just buying lets say a pair of sneakers for yourself, will the Paypal account have issues if its not attached to a ebay but receives mass payments, or payments that were owed.
Might be risky
Old 03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laritha View Post
Might be risky
Your looking for a suspension right there, buying from China with PP is deemed to fail.
Old 03-10-2012

it may fail and it may not. i would however, discourage anyone from using paypal to buy from dhgate and then selling the merch on the attached ebay account. they WILL nuke both paypal and ebay.

ive had luck buying on one paypal and then selling on a different ebay. i like using paypal because you get that one extra level of protection if you dont get your items, OR if they are junk when you get them.
Old 03-10-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

I know about 99% of the people here don't like sending cash through Western Union but that's the only way I have done it and to me I just include it in the cost of the merchandise. As of lately though I have been using MoneyGram which is cheaper so it's not bad and works for me.
Old 03-10-2012

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

People talking about using paypal on dhgate can not do it anymore, they have had paypal problems because of the charge backs and their account suspended.

I am regularly buying from china and use wire transfer from my bank, when I used to buy containers to ship to my UK company I used the UK banks letter of credit whereby the bank is the stakeholder and when the container reached port you released the payment.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (03-13-2012)
Old 03-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
People talking about using paypal on dhgate can not do it anymore, they have had paypal problems because of the charge backs and their account suspended.

I am regularly buying from china and use wire transfer from my bank, when I used to buy containers to ship to my UK company I used the UK banks letter of credit whereby the bank is the stakeholder and when the container reached port you released the payment.
That's strange, I placed two orders yesterday and paid with paypal.

All this talk that if paypal is used to buy on dhgate it will cause account suspension is utter rubbish. The potential problems only arise if you then try and sell the items using the same pp account.

Even if they axe the pp account, what's the big deal? Go and register another vcc, set up a new account and continue buying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
bobo_w_p (04-01-2019)