Hello my friends! Glad to be here. Here's my story. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself to the community!

Old 10-21-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Hello my friends! Glad to be here. Here's my story.

I have been a member of eBay since 1998 and I instantly thought it was the most awesome thing ever. The community was so incredibly awesome and everything was so cheap (both the service and the products). I remember buying used CDs for $3 each when in stores they were $15 (this is when people actually bought CDs), used video games for half the price than they were at used game stores, and lots and lots of great deals on pokemon and magic cards.

Made an account and shared it with my brother. We got around 600 or so feedback on it (which at the time I thought was a lot) and eventually we both wanted our own accounts so we both abandoned that one and made our own.

Made my own account in around 2005 and got around 3000+ feedback over the next few years buying and selling, up until about 2008-09 when they started doing the DSR thing. Apparently my DSR ratings weren't good enough. I think my shipping time rating was about a 4.1/5 which is lower than average. I ended up getting limited, and could only sell 10 items a month. LMAO!!! WTF?! Seriously eBay? I give you hundreds of dollars a month in sales and you're limiting me to selling 10 items a month?

So I worked hard and tried to get my DSR ratings higher. The limit was eventually lifted and I was happy about it, sold again for a while as usual, then it was limited again. WTF? Ironically, at around the same time the account was limited, I was in the process of getting scammed from a buyer taking advantage of the eBay buyer protection system, who pulled the old "bait and switch" on a $300 item I sent him. He sent back the item which he claimed he received (which in reality was not the same item that I sent him) and of course eBay and Paypal sided with the buyer, automatically charging my account and leaving my Paypal account with a $300 negative balance. At the time I had around $200 or so in eBay fees, so I decided "screw this horrible company". At this point I could not even leave negative feedback to the buyer who scammed me. I pleaded my case for hours with "trust and safety department" and it was very clear that eBay did not give a crap about me. I decided to cut all business with eBay, and eventually the account got NARUed.

I watched from 1998-2008 eBay grow from a very new and clean, efficient, friendly AWESOME community, which literally only charged 2-5 cents to list an item, into a huge conglomerate that they are today, merged with Paypal, making decisions which clearly demonstrate their completely lack of regard for their sellers (aka their customers), but at the same time making them billions of dollars every year. It was exciting at first watching them grow, until I realized it was at the expense of the community that I loved. I guess it is true that money is the root of all evil.

So, that's my story. I have successfully made a few stealth accounts since then, but I feel like what I know about eBay Stealth is very little and that I could definitely benefit from being involved in a community like this. I definitely feel that the eBay Stealth community is one that I will fit into very well.

Ideally, I would like to know how to create accounts at will so that I can open accounts and close them at will. I have had some success with my stealth accounts in the past, but I still have a lot to learn. I've been on these forums for a while now but never wanted to buy the eBook. I mainly bought it just so that I could view and post in this section of the forum... hopefully that alone will be worth the 38 bucks!

Last edited by sacka_man; 10-21-2011 at 04:39 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2011

Longevity: 72%

Welcome! I agree with your thoughts on ebay. The Stealth Book is awesome, I read it probably 5 times so i would catch everything. I have opened 2 stealths recently and am very hopeful. I went from despair to hope thanks to the site. The people here are wonderful and very helpful.
Old 10-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

You are on the right track purchasing the stealth guide.
Old 10-21-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Haha. Thanks gentlemen. I have a habit of staying up all night and not sleeping and that's exactly what I did tonight I just finished watching The Shawshank Redemption and now I am excitedly funneling through the eBook.

I am so damn cheap, which is why I have not paid the $38 for the eBook and subscription until now. However, based on the amount of research and sheer collective knowledge of this community, I definitely think it is worth it. I got some basic information from the free areas of the site, but never could seem to get any definitive answers about anything. I also sort of felt like a leech when I would ask questions as an unpaid member. Usually I hate paying money for information because I know somebody is trying to make money from me, and it's hard to know if it will be worth it or be a scam. I definitely feel that the paid subscribers area will have all the information I am looking for. I definitely feel that the information is way worth the money I paid.

Some of the stuff I already knew, but only to an extent. For example, I already knew eBay used flash cookies, cookies, and IP address to track and potentially link you, but I wasn't sure if they used additional methods to track you or not. It is good to know that those are the only methods, and that additional methods such as mac addresses are not used for tracking. At my local Barnes & Noble, I examined the HTTP traffic with a HTTP debugger and managed to find out that they keep logs of your mac address when you connect to their Internet cafe. I was always sort of paranoid that eBay does that too which had me doing crazy things like using multiple laptops out of sheer paranoia! It is good reading in the eBook that they do not use mac addresses for tracking.

I'm on page 7 of the eBook now. I'm hoping to get through the entire thing today. The IP address thing is what I'm working on now. http://192.168.0.1 doesn't seem to be working so I'm not sure what the IP of my router is. I'm also unsure if I have static or dynamic IP, so I may have to call my ISP to find out. I dunno. Still doing research. I have wondered for a LONG time (not just for eBay Stealth reasons) how to change my IP address so I am glad I will be learning this finally, and I feel I will be able to use this for other things as well.

Thanks again.

Last edited by sacka_man; 10-21-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - you are in good hands.