When suspended, how to NOT pay eBay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 02-27-2008
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Send a message via MSN to Mr_Wolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Wolf
Default When suspended, how to NOT pay eBay?

Let's say you are suspended. YOu own them 200+ bucks. You are setup for automatic payments through bank account..

Are they going to charge you automatically? Because if that's the case, they told me all fees are due now, but have not yet charged me.

How to stop them from charging you?

Can I call my bank (Washington Mutual) after they charge me, and tell them I did not authorize this transaction? If I do that, what will happen?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2008

Longevity: 94%

You can close the bank account and open a new one or stop payment on the transaction if you know the exact amount of the transaction prior to it hitting your bank. That way if it does hit, you will only be out the stop payment fees.

In the future, do not have it autopay your fees from your bank account. Use a prepaid card for your ebay fees instead and just use the bank info to get the ebay account verified.
Old 02-27-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

I don't know the amount.. It is 221.21 right now, but it could wary based on recent activity, as you know..

I'm able to check my bank account status online.. So when they charge me, I can jump on it right away.. Can I stop payment once I see amount deducted from my account?

I figured, screw eBay.. Literally.. They'd be watching me if I get back on it.. And any little thing in the future will kill me once and for all.. Why bother? Do I really need that 500 feedback and then watching my back from then on?

I rather open a new account on a new name.. I have mom, aunt, friends.. THat's not a problem.
Old 02-27-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

They will definitely charge you automatically. Whether your bank will reverse it depends on them. Many banks will not reverse auto-debits. Be careful.
Old 02-27-2008

You can dispute it after the fact but more than likely you will not get a refund.

However, if you know the amount, issue a stop payment on it, then it cannot go through and if it does, the bank owes you.
Old 02-27-2008

Longevity: 95%

call u your ban and say you want to put a stop payment on "ebay" or "paypal" i think they charge like 15$ everytime they prevent the payment from being taken out... i did this once with paypal. so you are better off just making another account under your name, moving the money there and closing the original one.
Old 02-27-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Ok, then the next question is how to find out the amount? Or more precisely, how to find out the exact amount?
Old 02-27-2008

when you log onto ebay it says you are blocked and there is a place to resolve issue, pay fees, click it. It should open a window showing you how much the fees will be.
Old 02-27-2008
MU
Threadstarter  

Ok guys, I seen that, but didn't think about it..

If I block payment, can they try to charge me again, and again and again?
Old 02-27-2008

Longevity: 97%

Modee is right, its totally different, a stop payment will not be enough. I would say just close the account and open a new one. Learn a lesson, never ever auto pay anything on ebay.
Old 02-27-2008

Longevity: 96%

When i used to use my own info, i would just cancel my debit card and have another sent out.
Old 05-02-2008

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee
2. If this entity (EBAY or PayPal, for example) has already taken at least one previous ACH withdrawal from your account, you can block it from all further ACH withdrawals. You must notify the bank and take care of any paperwork they might request. If you do this, and another ACH request comes in, it should be blocked and if it is not, the bank is on the hook for it.
Clarification: you cannot enter this kind of block unless that exact entity has taken an ACH withdrawal from your account previously.
Some people may feel fishy about this, not wanting PP or Ebay to even once touch their bank account, but this is exactly right. I'd like to add to the discussion by explaining why it is necessary to first allow at least one ACH withdrawal (no matter how small) to occur BEFORE the block can even be placed.

When an ACH request is received, it carries all the necessary specs of the entity that issued that ACH request. In this case PP or Ebay. The exact banking detail specs, that is. Not just Paypal this or Ebay that. I'm talking about banking info specs. That's why when they have already received those specs (from the ACH request that you ALLOWED through) is when you can now point out to them that you want this PARTICULAR entity (that they already have precise info on) blocked from making any subsequent ACH withdrawals. Otherwise, referring to Paypal by name when requesting a block before any previous ACH requests gets you nowhere.

Think of these banking specs as "IP addresses"... that banks use to communicate transfers between each other.
Old 05-03-2008

Longevity: 92%

Problem is that you can't pull the same "my account has been compromised" too often, or it's going to sound weird. It's fine for like a couple of times, but they keep notes on each call you place to customer support. It's definitely going to look weird if you do it once to often. Closing the account and opening a new one is very easily done with ING's subaccounts, and you don't have to run the "compromised account" story by a bank rep, because you can just do it yourself online. Nice feature. Tried it and it works as advertised.