Forwarding VOIP landline number to mobile phone number - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-24-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Forwarding VOIP landline number to mobile phone number

Hi folks!

I have been struggling with my VOIP service not working recently and I'm concerned as I have got this Paypal personal details confirmation thing at the moment to lift my £1900 annual limit. I know I am going to have to probably fax in some documents but its not helpful if they try and phone me the line just goes dead! Anyway its more of a VOIP related question, but I'm hoping somebody might know as its relevant to what we do.

My problem is that I have tried to set up my S'gate VOIP landline number (the landline number I used to verify Paypal) to forward to my mobile phone number. Now when I try and phone the VOIP landline number, when I dont answer the VOIP phone / or if I'm not on my PC, then using the forwarding function the phone call should be forwarded to my mobile phone number. Unfortunately this isnt happening.

What I wanted to know is do I need to have credit on my VOIP account to be able to use call forwarding? I have tried looking on the S'gate help section but I cant make sense of it. I dont have any credit registered on my VOIP account as it was free to set up and I dont actually ever use it to make calls so I never bought any credit. But im wondering if I buy like £5 worth of credit if that will make the call forwarding function work? What does anyone think?

Cheers!

Johnny

Last edited by johnnyleeds; 10-24-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: mistake in original post
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-24-2011

Longevity: 75%

yes you need credit on sipgate to forward to mobile . £10 is minimum. however get another sipgate number for free and forward that to the sipgate you have bought credit on so that if second sipgate is called that goes to mobile too. a sipgate to another sipgate is free
Old 10-25-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

ah! I've realised whats been happening then, I am still getting voicemails, but clearly if there is a charge for the forwarding service and I have no credit in my account then its not going to work. I still dont know why my softphone interface wont accept incoming calls though, the phone rings but hangs up immediately.