Problem with buyer saying item is not as described. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Problem with buyer saying item is not as described.

(I'm not entirely sure if this is in the right place or not, feel free to move it if necessary)

I sold a Bose radio/CD Player, used, in working condition (all it really needed was to be cleaned, which I did of course). The guy who won it seems to sell refurbished bose radios. He's been a pain in the ass since the second he won it.

After he paid, he messaged me every day asking if I shipped it. Which isn't the pain in the ass part. He paid on a Monday, asked on Tuesday if I would be shipping it, which I said no to due to having a late class, and I told him I would ship it on Wednesday. So Wednesday as I'm getting ready to ship it, he asks again, to which I say, yes, I'm on my way to the post office now.

I made sure I got delivery confirmation, insurance, and had the item marked as fragile, even though my mom and I packaged it up pretty well. Regardless, it's a good radio, we can't let anything happen to it.

The day after I ship it, he messages me again, asking if I'd shipped it. I said yes, and he told me I was lying, and that he would know because he's a power seller (this is only my second sell) and asked again when I would ship it. I told him I had the proof of shipping it and that the tracking information was also available.

He didn't write back for a while. Until today. I received this.
I HATE TO TELL YOU THIS BUT THE BOX WAS DELIVERED MONDAY AND THE BOX IS CRUSHED I OPENED THE BOX AND THERES A PROBLEM WITH THE BOSE THE POST OFFICE PUT A STICKER ON THE (RECIVED IN DAMAGED CONDITION) SO YOU HAVE PROOF.I GUESS YOU NEED TO FILE A CLAIM WITH USPS PLEASE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO. I DO KNOW THAT TO FILE A CLAIM WE CANT SHIP IT BACK TILL THE POST OFFICE TELLS YOU WHAT TO DO WITH IT THAY MAY SEND A SHIPPING LABLE TO HAVE IT SHIPPED TO THEM OR THE INSURENCE WONT COVER IT

I have absolutely no idea what to do. Please help. I'm a new seller, idiot student, and I just want to know what the best thing is for mom and I to do about this. :(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2011

If it is an expensive item that hopefully you took pictures of the serial number on it and other key factors to prove it is yours. Your next best bet is to call the USPS and see what the best bet is to do, and how this can get resolved as fast and easy as possible. You will want to do this immediately before the holiday rush starts coming in. From past experience and other post I have read this can be a pain in the ass, but I have not done it personally.

If you paid for insurance, than you most likely have a case to get a refund for the cost of the item. Be sure to check the feedback he gives other people and if they are negatives all the time this is most likely a fraudulent buyer. You may have to do a little more investigating as this seems to be a more unique case, since this buyer is a power seller. I am sure he isnt out to get you, but from the constant bickering from the start leads me to believe that this is not a normal case.
Old 10-26-2011

Send him a copy of the insurance form and tell him to bring the item in its original package to the post office. They will give him a form to fill out and he will get his money.

However, it is my opinion this guy is a total scammer. He switched your item for one he has that is broken. It is sad, but in the end he will keep your item, get his refund from either paypal or his credit card company and might even get the postal insurance settlement.

So basically, he gets your item and makes a few hundred.

Last edited by SaiJin; 10-26-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Promoting fraud to pp. even though I can't blame him for it.
Old 10-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Is the post office going to be refunding him or am I? (sorry if that's a stupid question...)

He says he's opening a dispute, anyway. He sent this message back.
IF YOU HAVE INSURENCE YOU NEED TO FILE A CLAIM I AM GOING TO FILE A DISPUTE SO THERE A RECORD AND I AM NOT MAD BUT ITS LIKE THIS I NEED TO FOLLOW THE RULES AND AT THIS POINT I PAYED FOR A ITEM THAT CAME IN DAMAGED ITS NOT A BIG DEAL FOR ME OR YOU BUT ALL YOU CAN DO IS MOVE FOWARD WITH THE CLAIM .SO I CAN WORK TOWARDS GETTTING A REFUND I DONT KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES USPS TO PROCESS THE CLAIM I HEARD ABOUT 30 DAYS

This seems so unfair to me. The item was fine when I sent it, and he still hasn't sent pictures of the radio like he said he would. :\
Old 10-27-2011

The guy is a scammer. It is probably best to walk away from the accounts and start over. If you want to try and save it, send him a copy of the insurance form and tell him to make the claim or return the item and you will give him refund.
Old 10-27-2011

File a police report.
Old 10-27-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

The new "professional buyers" have learned how to abuse us sellers since they took away our right to leave feedback.

I recently got one who said something was broken and she noticed their was no insurance and demanded I refund her right away or she will not only file a dispute but leave a negative as item not described.

I usually just pay the people and move on but this one I felt was wrong and did not like the demanding part so I asked her to send me photos of the damage.

Of course she said she already had tossed the item and again demanded payment in full right away.

I told her threatening people with a negative is against ebay rules and she should know better with the account over 1000 fb, 100% positive etc that I would take care of it. Then thought oh crap, she just wants to be the first to leave a neg.

Something felt wrong about this one. I went ahead and refunded her in full and told her to please leave me positive fb which she left none.

Bam, looking at the ending today and newly listed last night there it was being sold all over again under a new name, but the kicker was it was the same item, same town, copied my description almost to the T.

Knowing she was waiting on leaving me a negative I just kindly went back to the item and bid on it!!!! She knows it is me and now if I win the item and I will she had not better leave me a negative because I just caught her stealing butt in a lie and was reselling under a different user name.

ROFLMAO knowing her face when she seen that I bid on the item that was suppose to be broken.

One up for us good guys/gals and one down for those scam artist "professional buyers".
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (10-28-2011)
Old 10-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Exactly what I would do. My first option that comes to mind the wife would stop me for sure. Ha.
Old 10-28-2011

Longevity: 95%

I sold a pack of lables on ebay the other day and the buyer was very pushey 2 days after he paid he was alrdy demanding for them or a refund so i issued a refund to him and told him if he wanted them that quick to buy them localy. So after i refunded him i soon relized why he wanted them so quick cause he had orders of f a k e Taekwondo dvds that he burned that need to go out and he needed the labels to print and put on them before sending them out well i gave him a refund then he left me a nasty neg and told me to learn from it. Then today he opens a INR disupte in ebay to try to get another refund after alrdy getting one. So i made me a new ebay account and bid and won one of his f a k e dvds and won so im going to leave a real nasty feedback on there on how he sells f a k es even though i dont think ebay cares cause he has like 10 negs or nutral alrdy of people tell about the bootleg dvds they got but his 300+ makes it to where he has 100% feedback rateing.

Last edited by doughboykilla; 10-28-2011 at 11:04 AM.