Shipping interntionally - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-29-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default Shipping interntionally

Question about those of you who ship internationally from the US.

I never liked all the paperwork that went into the international shipping mainly because of the tracking or delivery confirmation issues.

Without shipping this way for years what has changed that makes some of you post that you do not mind shipping internationally?

I dont want to go through all the 4-5 sheets of paperwork that needs to be filled out like it used to be like.

How are you guys shipping international with less work and having some kind of proof of delivery.

Thinking some of the new products I recently found would do extremely well outside of the US.

Any ideas appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Now you can ship international 1st class and priority via ebay shipping off of the "My ebay" page. Basically 2-3 clicks and done. Try it with one and see how easy it is. 1 click customs forms all day long.

I use it every day and 40% of my sales are international.
Sandy D (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011

Longevity: 82%

i stopped shipping international after a buyer claimed he never got a 400 dollar ipad in ukraine says it was 'lost' in customs and ebay sided with him and i had to give him a refund now he has my 400 and my ipad
Old 10-29-2011
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck View Post
i stopped shipping international after a buyer claimed he never got a 400 dollar ipad in ukraine says it was 'lost' in customs and ebay sided with him and i had to give him a refund now he has my 400 and my ipad
Did you add a tracking number? I would never have sent anything for even 1.00 without tracking nowadays with the feedback system they have in place.
Old 10-29-2011
Banned
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
Now you can ship international 1st class and priority via ebay shipping off of the "My ebay" page. Basically 2-3 clicks and done. Try it with one and see how easy it is. 1 click customs forms all day long.

I use it every day and 40% of my sales are international.
Thanks Ray.

Does it give you a tracking number for the international shipments? I am assuming it does knowing how you always have your i's dotted.
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I used to ship laptop hard drives and memory internationally with international tracking but 1st class international only says the day and time it was accept and not dropped off at the final place. EB wants to see that the product was shipped at the final place.
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Thanks Ray.

Does it give you a tracking number for the international shipments? I am assuming it does knowing how you always have your i's dotted.
That is where its a problem. The customs number is what shows delivered but they claim to only offer "tracking" on priority or higher rates. its kinda true and not. The customs number is the same number on 1st class or Priority. It still shows what its supposed to during transit and delivery but if it doesnt get delivered then the USPS site shows nothing, Then you lose.

This happens to both Prioirity and 1st class so it really doesnt matter. I have lost in both cases (priority and 1st class), I have also won cases with 1st class showing delivered.

I personally dont worry about it. If its over 4lbs it has to go priority anyway. In my case most of the items either fit into a flat rate box or flat rate envelope. They are very cheap. $13.95 or less to anywhere.

The 1st class stuff I send has had not one problem in the last 11 months now. Not one person claiming that an item wasnt received. I have sent I would say 1-2 thousands International packages this year now and no problems at all. Actually I take that back. I had a priority flat rate pkg get delivered 2 months late after the tracking was blank from drop off scan.

Other than that, I would say try it. I am one of only a few in my niche that even sells overseas. I even have one customer that buys from me as well as others and has them ship to me so i will send it all to him at once. I bet my competitors are wondering about that setup for sure. lol
Sandy D (10-29-2011)
Old 10-29-2011
Banned
Threadstarter  

I am going try it.

Nothing to lose.

One of my competitors who sold 32k last month sells internationally while the other one sells in the US only and did 8k selling pretty much the same product.

I just started selling this like product and have done very well and was thinking that the one who sells internationally has 3 times the sales has to be worth trying it.

I believe one of them buys from the same source I have because they used stock company photos a couple of times. The competition is going to know me very soon as I am willing to work day and night while their negatives are all about poor communication and never answering any questions which I always answer every question.

Thanks for your input Ray. I appreciate it.

The non actual tracking number is a bit scary but if I can sell 32k of this product in a month a few pay outs here and there is nothing.
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yeah, Non actual is the best way I could put it. Its there but they wont pursue it if lost. If it shows delivered PP accepts it. If not then you lose.

I just make sure I email them if its an expensive item. I then offer maybe half of the upgrade to send priority. Sometimes they bite, others no big deal to them. It will work out .

as for the working day and night to beat the competition. Good for you. I did and do the same thing.

I add gifts in pkgs, my comp doest, I do many things like that to keep them liking me over them. I also have little overhead like yourself so my comp has to sell much much more than I do to make the same amount of money. one of the main ones has 35 employees. Split that up per employee and I make waaaaay more. lol.
Old 10-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

I know every priorty mail parcel i have received from the USA is tracked step by step on the uk website UK and International parcel services - Courier Services from Parcelforce Worldwide from the moment it has scanned at your post office in the USA.

So if you want to be safe then use that method so you can see when its delivered/signed for.

but when i was in South Africa it was impossible to track for a USA or UK seller because the tracking number would stop tracking and change to a South African tracking number...and you had to be in South Africa to find out the local tracking number because it was a 0800 phone number.

So perhaps some more research if you want to be extra safe :P

(hope i made sense)
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011
Banned
Threadstarter  

Got my first international sale, they paid for the item and then guess what?

Right off ask for me to ship it express instead of first class because they need to product right away.

Dang people want something for nothing drives me crazy.
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Got my first international sale, they paid for the item and then guess what?

Right off ask for me to ship it express instead of first class because they need to product right away.

Dang people want something for nothing drives me crazy.
They want you to foot the bill?? Not. If they pay for it, The express is just as easy as any other label. Simple clicks for customs forms now.
Old 11-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Tell them "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!", express costs extra and they better cough up the extra dough.
Old 11-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Curious as to how it went after it was all said and done.
Old 11-03-2011
Banned
Threadstarter  

I sent a message telling them the cost would be xx.xx for express shipping and since you already paid xx.xx for int. shipping I could send you an pp invoice for the difference.

Answer.

I buy large amount of items from the US and all sellers change the shipping to express shipping for me because I am a large customer.

Unreal the lengths people will go to rip you off.

I told them the difference is more then the total cost of the item and that I would not eat the cost. If you want express I can send you the invoice, if not the item will be shipped out tomorrow as stated in the listing.
Old 11-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

wow, what morons. Sucks that we have to think about the dsr an ass like that will give us. we shouldnt have to worry about it for things like this. sorry it was a hassle for you.

The International shipping is great for me. No hiccups. Better luck on the next one maybe???
Old 11-05-2011
Banned
Threadstarter  

I am not going to let one idiot ruin it for me.

I am going for it and shipping most anything under 4 pds internationally now.
Old 11-06-2011

Longevity: 74%

I've sold HP touchpads to Europe express delivery only, they pay shipping. Also a few Sony bloggies. Express shipping has signature confirmation. Less expensive stuff goes 1st class international. If your price and margins are just right and isolate shipping to certain countries, losses can be very minimal. Any country that 3rd party insurers don't cover, I usually don't ship there... Even tho I don't use insurance.
Old 11-06-2011
Executive [VIP]

Anything around 3-8oz I just ship free worldwide. SInce I have done that I get nearly 80% international customers on those items.

ANymore they dont take even a minute longer to do that the others. In most cases within $1 or so of what it cost for domestic shipping.
Old 11-06-2011

Longevity: 73%

let me add one more question to this... are you folx marking the items you send abroad as gifts, or going legit? i would like to start selling overseas as well and want to know what you guys do
Old 11-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Never list it as a gift. always post the real value. when doing it on ebay its all auto-filled too. Gifts will get looked at and probably opened. invoice involved and it gets returned with postage due. just sent it as merchandise.

in 14yrs I have NEVER had anyone complain of the customs due when they get it so the forms amount is irrelevant to me. Or even ask it to be sent as a gift.

Besides ebay strongly talks about not doing that for customers.
Old 11-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

I ship priority international. Just print the label, sign it, and ship it out. I've always just dropped them in the USPS boxes, but I think you're supposed to hand international shipments to a postal employee. I use carrier pickup now.