Looking To Source Big Quantities - Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 10-31-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Looking To Source Big Quantities - Help

Hi Forum Members,
Im sure this is asked so often and possibly never gets any real 'info' or help.

I used to sell online, eBay of course, vero items. Even though I do say not 100% genuine, Im fed up of having that many returns due to this, I no longer do it - stopped about 5-6 months ago.

Im looking to either source a large amount of products or even have products produced for me to resell. I am looking for high volume sales with a small profit per item, I do not mind putting the work in.

If anyone thinks they can help or lend a hand - even just to start up I would be very greatful.

Send a PM if you need its more personal. Thank you all that help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

Your best bet is figure out what lines of products you are wanting to sell and then go from there.
Old 10-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

How long has it been since you sold online? also, are you a current business or just someone that doesnt want to work a normal and sell online instead?

These simple questions help many of us out when responding on how serious of a seller you may be. Most portray themselves as huge sellers when you go look and they are asking things like do I need to do this or that when those are the most basic business must know topics.
Old 10-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

When you say "large amount" of products, really the price you will pay depends on the quantity ordered. It can also depend on the length of your relationship with the manufacturer.

Suppose, for example, we are talking about generic, non-branded HDMI cables. If you want 1,000 pieces, try AliExpress.com. 1,000 pieces is really not a large order to a manufacturer.

On the other hand, if you want 100,000 pieces, THAT is a different story. In that case, try Alibaba.com directly. Please understand that prices are not normally posted for quantities that large. You have to contact the manufacturer and negotiate the best deal you possibly can.

What stops most of us from going that route - myself included - is that we do not want to tie up a significant amount of money into one product. If something new takes it's place, we could end up stuck with inventory we either cannot move at all or must sell at a loss just to get rid of it.

Many times, we hear similar questions. For example:

Does anyone have a good wholesale source for iPads?

When we ask how many they are talking about, they want 5. Sorry, but 5 is NOT a wholesale order. At that quantity, you will get a discount off the normal retail price, at best.

It also depends on the type of product. Take a popular mass-market product like DVD players. Walmart and Best Buy often order DVD players in quantites of 50,000 or more. That is why they can sell them for less money than you could buy them for. Smaller players are usually better off focusing on smaller markets.
Old 11-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
How long has it been since you sold online? also, are you a current business or just someone that doesnt want to work a normal and sell online instead?

These simple questions help many of us out when responding on how serious of a seller you may be. Most portray themselves as huge sellers when you go look and they are asking things like do I need to do this or that when those are the most basic business must know topics.
Only a couple of months ago, I used to retail items from america along side my night job, it was good at first then i started selling more and making more, the supplier i used is no longer around - i averaged about 300 profit a week just from ebay which at the time was extremely good for me.

I have saved up a bit of cash and ready to take the jump and get the ball rolling with a nice little ebay business - even making 250-500 a week profit id be more than happy. Looking for spend anything from 5,000 - 15,000 on stock to start my venture
Old 11-01-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
When you say "large amount" of products, really the price you will pay depends on the quantity ordered. It can also depend on the length of your relationship with the manufacturer.

Suppose, for example, we are talking about generic, non-branded HDMI cables. If you want 1,000 pieces, try AliExpress.com. 1,000 pieces is really not a large order to a manufacturer.

On the other hand, if you want 100,000 pieces, THAT is a different story. In that case, try Alibaba.com directly. Please understand that prices are not normally posted for quantities that large. You have to contact the manufacturer and negotiate the best deal you possibly can.

What stops most of us from going that route - myself included - is that we do not want to tie up a significant amount of money into one product. If something new takes it's place, we could end up stuck with inventory we either cannot move at all or must sell at a loss just to get rid of it.

Many times, we hear similar questions. For example:

Does anyone have a good wholesale source for iPads?

When we ask how many they are talking about, they want 5. Sorry, but 5 is NOT a wholesale order. At that quantity, you will get a discount off the normal retail price, at best.

It also depends on the type of product. Take a popular mass-market product like DVD players. Walmart and Best Buy often order DVD players in quantites of 50,000 or more. That is why they can sell them for less money than you could buy them for. Smaller players are usually better off focusing on smaller markets.
I knew pretty much all this before I posted topic, didnt really get any info from the comment. Good info for new readers though
Old 11-01-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

try Business To Business (b2b) Marketplace - Manufacturers Directory For International Trade Leads or similar sites

plenty of manufacturers on there

but most importantly you need to research what products you want to sell

i am looking for new inventory and it's not easy

good luck