Is anyone else getting this? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Is anyone else getting this?

Ok up until Febuary 7th all of my listings were scheduling fine. Since yesterday I have been getting a strange error when I go to the sell your item form. saying that I must have a verified Paypal account linked to my eBay account in order to be able to sell the item. I know about the new selling restrictions on higher risk categories, however I don't think this is anything to do with that. This is more about selling internationally. The error message is below but please note:

1. I am NOT selling in a high risk category as listed in eBays recent announcements and in general.

2. I am regitered on .co.uk as a UK account, and when I list I do so from the .co.uk site and I do NOT list with any international postage options and never have.

3. I have 3 seller accounts and the same thing is happening on all of them. On one of them the error doesn't show until the last listing confirmation page. On the other two the message appears as soon as I click the SELL button at the top of the screen (BEFORE I EVEN PUT IN A CATEGORY).

Pinks, anyone else... PLEASE HELP!

The error message is:

Thank you for participating in global trade on eBay. In order to begin selling your items on eBay sites not associated with your home country, you will need to take a few steps:

1) You will need to have a PayPal account that has been "Verified". Click on your country of eBay registration below to understand how to complete that process.

2) Once you have a PayPal account that is "Verified", please link your verified PayPal account to your eBay account.

If you already have a “Verified” PayPal account, and are still receiving this message, you need to link it to your eBay account. Once you have a verified PayPal account that is linked to your eBay account, you will be able to sell an item on any of eBay's sites worldwide.

For instructions on how to become PayPal Verified or how to link your PayPal account to your eBay account, please click on the site of your eBay registration below:

Australia | Austria | Belgium | Belgium French | Canada | Canada French | France | Germany | Hong Kong | India | Ireland | Italy | Malaysia | Netherlands | New Zealand | Philippines | Poland | Singapore | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland| Taiwan | Thailand | United Kingdom | United States | Other

Note: If you registered on Germany, Austria or Switzerland, you can complete verification through PostIdent or ID Verify instead of PayPal. Please click on the site you registered with for instructions.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Well just do what it says.. Doesn't mean you have to accept paypal. Its other ways around it
Old 02-09-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- That is coming from the Ship to--OUT OF THE COUNTRY..they started this last year, then stopped , in the usa.,., if the items were available to the Asian market, it gave me probs,,once, i changed up to ship to only the usa + canada--the flags were removed + listing went though fine...try that..Maybe something new??
Old 02-10-2008

The same thing has happened to me yesterday night when I tried to relist my items. They were all low value/low risk and I wasn't listing internationally.

Can any other UK members confirm this?
Old 02-11-2008

Longevity: 94%

Can't say I'm getting that error myself.
Sure you have specified UK only postage on your item?
Old 02-27-2008

Longevity: 94%

I take my word back, got this error myself today!
Maybe all accounts must be verified now?
Old 02-27-2008

HI- on the Pre Nov 2007 accts.. its Not happening to me...
anyone else on these Pre-new rules accts??
Old 02-27-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI- That is coming from the Ship to--OUT OF THE COUNTRY?
Actually, I think it is coming from the card you used to register the selling account. I used a VCC from a foreign bank. I got this message on the very first item I tried to list and did not not pick the ship worldwide box. I even added an old confirmed paypal account for the USA and still got the same message.
Old 02-27-2008

I wrote my experience here: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ount-link.html

Seems it is getting more common.
Old 02-27-2008

Believe it or not, even if you DONT have international shipping checked it is still flagging. Its a security thing. Once you register with consistent, not anonymous info, the flag will not appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI- That is coming from the Ship to--OUT OF THE COUNTRY..they started this last year, then stopped , in the usa.,., if the items were available to the Asian market, it gave me probs,,once, i changed up to ship to only the usa + canada--the flags were removed + listing went though fine...try that..Maybe something new??
Old 02-28-2008

Hi got the new message after i have already sold on a few accounts. I have now verified with paypal and linked it to my account but guess what the message is still there and wont let me sell on any accounts. Any more help out there please
Old 02-28-2008
Banned

Yep, in my previous post I found the same thing. So basically do not bother linking a paypal to it because you still get the same message. Move on and open a new account.
Old 02-28-2008

Sandie I had the same problem at first, then it turned out my eBay & PayPal weren't linked. Go to Addresses and click add Paypal address. Complete as indicated and if it still will not let you list then make a new account.
Old 02-29-2008

thanks for that guys. The only problem is every account i make comes up with the same problem need to add paypal. Any other ideas Please.
Old 02-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Sandie, you are not using an old previously linked paypal account?
Old 02-29-2008

Hi no brand new paypal accounts to match with the ebay. Also i have found that with othere accounts that i have made i carn't edit my credit card all seems really strange.