Ebay and Auctionsniper - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-04-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Ebay and Auctionsniper

I have a question regarding auction sniper. I think I know the answer but am not completely sure so I thought I would ask everybody.

Here's the deal. I searched for a few ebay items on my home ip address address without ever logging into ebay. I then logged into auctionsniper and entered those item numbers to be sniped. The next day I logged into that ebay acount from a completely different computer, different location, and different IP address and it shows the items that I entered in auction sniper the previous day as my recently viewed items on ebay.

Is this happening because auctionsniper actually logs into that account to look up those items?

Does anybody know if auctionsniper passes my IP address through to ebay?

Thanks for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you give the sniper your user id and password and it creates a token, yes it actually logs in and places bid for you at last moment.

How can it pass your ip to ebay? do you mean when you originally sign up and create token? some snipers physically transfer you to ebay for log in at sign-up only, others do not, I do not think auctionsniper does but to be on safe side I would never create a token on a banned ip or ip that was linked to another acc I was using, just in case.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-04-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 72%

Thanks, I fully understand that it logs in and places a bid at the last moment, hence sniping.

My concern is that the auctions don't end for several days so no bids have been placed but the items still show up as my recently viewed items when logged into that specific ebay account.

I am assuming that auctionsniper logs into ebay with my credentials when the snipe is added and gathers information about that specific item number so ebay considers that item as being viewed by me.
Old 11-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

it will not log in with your ip after sign up. it cannot.....
Old 11-05-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Use gixen.com . Its free and DOESNT run off your computer. Everything else ive seen is either that or paid

Youre welcome
Old 11-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

you need one that does not download any software I do not see how auctionsniper can 'run off your computer' though - maybe someone else can chip in. Your PC might be switched off with no access to internet or wifi, and it still places bid, that is proof it cannot be using your computer to place the bid!!!

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-05-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-05-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

I wasnt specifically talking about auction sniper, theres soooo many out there. Basically if it runs on your computer you wont be charged, but if the sniping service doesnt do that, then it involves 24-7, that they charge you for the upkeep. Gixen.com is free

I had this free one that ran off my computer, not a big deal because im a nerd and i basically never turn off my computer, but im usually running torrents and the upload bandwidth on that would interfere with the snipe hammer mechanism
Old 11-05-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

If anyone finds a cheapish/free sniping service that lets me place normal non-snipe bids, let me know. I wanna bid on my own auctions and end em for the feedback, but i dont pull ips off my phone or anything (dont want a same domain link). end of auction snipe takes too long