Buyer Fraud - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 11-02-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Buyer Fraud

First off, I'm new here and need some help. I sell on EBAY approx. 20 times a year. Just do it to make some extra money to help make ends meet. First part of September I sold a cell phone to a buyer in the Ukraine. ( I know this should have been the first red flag.) Shipped the phone out through USPS.

Gota email from buyer about the 10th of October stating that they hadn't gotten the phone. I checked the customs number, which I thought was trackable to it's destination, but as I know now, is not. It showed that it had processed through the USPS facility in Jamica, NY on September the 9th. Give buyer this info but he instantlly opens a case against me. I provide EBAY with the customs number, but of course this isn't good enough for them as it doesn't show that the package ended up in the Ukraine so they side with the buyer and refund him his $200 and some dollars.

I open up an appeal, but still lose. I get on the phone with EBAY and get the runaround. I repeatally asked the resolution center rep how can I owe the buyer when I can show that I shipped the package but the buyer cannot prove anything. I'm sure I've been scamed as this buyer had no feedback before buying from me, and hasn't bought anything since. EBAY tells me that I have to set up a reimbursment method or my account will be closed. I'm not really that concerned with closing my account, but I do not want to pay the $200.

Can they take the money out through my paypal account? If they could I figured they would have done so already. Also, what happens if I get turned over to collections. Sorry to be so long and rambling but it annoys me off that long time seller get screwed over by a new buyer halfway around the world.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-03-2011

Longevity: 82%

lol i dont mean to laugh but you just explained what happened to me to a T this exact same thing happened to me but it was for a 360.00 galaxy tablet same ebay sided with the buyer and i lost 360 dollars and the galaxy tablet at the end the buyer said if it ever came he would send me back the money i laughed
Old 11-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

The way you are explaining this seems you sent this $200 item with a cheap method of postage and with no insurance.
That would be the first mistake you made, since you should NEVER mail high value items without insurance or traceable mail.Also since you implied you already knew that ukraine was not a good country to ship to, why would you not take precautions??

This will be a hard & costly lesson for you to learn since you have no way of knowing if he has received this since first class mail usually only scans when you mail it and then never again.
You also will not be able to request a signature , since this type of mail or parcel just gets left in the buyers mailbox or on his doorstep etc...

Also if ebay has decided in the buyers favour and refunded the $200 and you have not paid it back to ebay, then they will hand it over for collection and may effect your credit score which will go against you when you try obtain credit in the future..
Old 11-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Annoys me when the claim is to be a long time seller and a deal was made to send an expensive item overseas without adequate cover AND there is little help we can give you.
ebay fooled you into thinking you would get some fair treatment. Buyer got lucky.

That annoys me for your sake. Really gets to me.

Items like this should seldom be sent overseas.

Then that's like crying over spilt milk.
Old 11-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I get stiffed regularly. I noticed in a PP email that it noted that buyer never contacted the seller.
This was on a claim one day after it was shipped, SNAD even!
Don't worry the buyer got his money back anyway...
The way things are at EB as I see it I can really fill my house up with stuff for free without a chargeback these days...don't have the heart to do it to a fellow seller though.
Old 11-04-2011

Longevity: 76%

I have just learned this the hard way. Sent an item to Canada in a flat rate envelope. Only flat rate envelopes don't track when they leave the us. Not even on Canada Post. Buyer opened case saying never received. Sent 3 more that same day, they were all delivered and the only way I know that is because they were honest and told me. But the postal service told me next time, don't send flat rate and make sure to purchase delivery confirmation.
Old 11-04-2011

Longevity: 95%

Even with tracking chances are ebay will side with the buyers cause they belive the old saying "The Customers Is Always Right" blah BS any way if they open a INR dipsute and u got tracking then they will just change it to SNAD dispute and steal the money back that way.

This is what happend on me i got a INR so i sent the package then they changed it to a SNAD after i sent it cause they new they wouldnt win just on a INR since i had tracking.
Old 11-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@Hercules - too true.
Old 11-06-2011
Threadstarter  

Yeah, I figured I was screwed. I've shipped stuff to Australia and even a freakin chainsaw to Germany before using the same method with no problem. Probably just had honest buyers. EBAY has been a joke with this. The dispute center guy told me the post office could do a detailed search of the customs number which turned out to be total BS. Then I faxed in all my info with the receipt and what not. Got another email back saying that they couldn't prove it made it to the Ukraine blah blah blah, but they could see that my receipt showed that I had insurance on the package so I should go to the post office and report a claim. This was total BS as it was obvious there was no insurance on the receipt. EBAY apparently finds it better to screw over their sellers and send them on wild goose chases.
Old 11-08-2011

Longevity: 79%
Default Get used to it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
Even with tracking chances are ebay will side with the buyers cause they belive the old saying "The Customers Is Always Right" blah BS any way if they open a INR dipsute and u got tracking then they will just change it to SNAD dispute and steal the money back that way.

This is what happend on me i got a INR so i sent the package then they changed it to a SNAD after i sent it cause they new they wouldnt win just on a INR since i had tracking.
Yeah, but eBay "Sellers" ARE eBay's "Customers" - so if the "Customer" is always right, then you would think they would care.

DOn't mean to break any newcomer's bubble, but get used to it. Ebay could CARE LESS ABOUT SELLERS!!!

BETTER is be only a couple hundred bucks, than later on down the road when Paypal waits until you have thousands in the account to put a "limit" on it for no reason and hold your fund for SIX MONTHS!!!

Happens ALL THE TIME!!
Old 11-08-2011

Customers on ebay is who shops on ebay

so if ur saying the sellers is the customers so who ever shops at walmart isnt a customer rather the the customers of walmarts would be the china people who sell there stuff to walmart to sell to the customers.
Old 11-09-2011

Longevity: 79%
Exclamation Read very carefully!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
Customers on ebay is who shops on ebay

so if ur saying the sellers is the customers so who ever shops at walmart isnt a customer rather the the customers of walmarts would be the china people who sell there stuff to walmart to sell to the customers.

What is it with people not reading stuff correctly before responding. You're almost as bad as those buyers on eBay who failed to read the Estimated Delivery Time prior to ordering, only to complain.

You tell me WHERE in my quote did I say that the buyers WEREN'T Customers. All I said was that SELLERS were customers (IN ADDITION to buyers)

I am VERY CAREFUL about HOW I word things when I say something. If I would have meant that the Buyers weren't Customers, I would have said it.

My point was, that eBay should treat their sellers just as equal than the buyers since they are BOTH their customers.

As a matter of fact, they probably make even MORE off their buyers, so that point should have even more emphasis on it.
Old 11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubtbird View Post
What is it with people not reading stuff correctly before responding. You're almost as bad as those buyers on eBay who failed to read the Estimated Delivery Time prior to ordering, only to complain.

You tell me WHERE in my quote did I say that the buyers WEREN'T Customers. All I said was that SELLERS were customers (IN ADDITION to buyers)

I am VERY CAREFUL about HOW I word things when I say something. If I would have meant that the Buyers weren't Customers, I would have said it.

My point was, that eBay should treat their sellers just as equal than the buyers since they are BOTH their customers.

As a matter of fact, they probably make even MORE off their buyers, so that point should have even more emphasis on it.

i totally agree with you
Old 11-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubtbird View Post
but that will never happen unless every seller on ebay boycotts them or some other auction stie comes out that will be a threat to ebay. And the buyers on ebay dosent have to read or anything they can complain any given time cause it all gose back to the customer is always right and they know this and use this to get what they want.

Last edited by doughboykilla; 11-09-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-10-2011

maybe if the buyers knew some of what we have to go through as sellers it wouldnt be this way like for instance when i first started selling had to deal with the 21 day hold so i would email the buyers asking if they could leave feedback 90% of them had no idea what a 21 day hold was
Old 11-10-2011

Longevity: 77%

Here is a link that will help all of you in the future:

Track Package Brazil Post Office - Correios | Post Office | Tracking Package | Shipping Delivery

It shows all the sites for post offices around the world, if you sent a package with a tracking number you can locate it there.

For example Ukraine: Delivery of periodicals

Some countries will not give you a result for international (France for example), for some countries you have to contact the post office via email and they will give you the location of the package (Australia and Philippines). For some other countries they will show the package reached the country but will not update its delivery status (India for example - I stopped selling to buyers from India a long time due ago because of high fraud from them, best to avoid at all cost).

If you are selling to a country in which packages cannot be tracked you have to take into account some packages will get lost. From my experience with buyers in France most of them are honest and do receive their packages but there is a problem with language barrier.

BTW, contrary to popular belief, you can also track mail in Italy here:
Poste Italiane - Posta Raccomandata

If the package is lost and cannot be found in the destination country you should go to your post office and insist they compensate you. Registered mail should be insured for loss up to a certain value.