Can ebay detect you by.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-03-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
Default Can ebay detect you by....

Can ebay detect you by who you report? The reason why i am asking this is because i know this one ebay user reported me to death and is responsible for my suspension, and i want to get him back. I tried reporting him on a differnt account, however, the account was registered by all my information that is suspended, so i dont think it was effective. Now, when i get my new totally differnt account, if i report him, can ebay suspend me because i report the same person?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2007

If I were you I would'nt bother. That will just bring ebays attention to your new account and they will start to snoop around.
Old 05-05-2007

I once found someone shill bidding and I reported it with one of my accounts and at the time reported someone for having hostile javascript in their auctions that prevent you from clicking your mouse. So I reported them and ebay did NARU the shill, ignored the abusive javascript, and then harassed me by removing one of my feedbacks because it had the phrase "BS" in them and then took down an about me page on a linked account of mine that I hadn't used for a year by completely false pretenses that go against ebay's policy.

After that whenever I reported someone, I'd use an account made purely to report people that's unlinked.

Last edited by Jonas; 05-27-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2007
Threadstarter  

Hey thanks for your reply. I really want to get back at this guy for making me go through all this trouble.

I only have one computer so can i.... create 2 banks accounts, 2 prepaid cards, 2 emails, 2 addresses/phone numbers and create 2 ebay/paypal accounts all on the same ip? would ebay suspend me for that even if i had commpeltely different information for each account?
Old 05-05-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysucks12345 View Post
Hey thanks for your reply. I really want to get back at this guy for making me go through all this trouble.

I only have one computer so can i.... create 2 banks accounts, 2 prepaid cards, 2 emails, 2 addresses/phone numbers and create 2 ebay/paypal accounts all on the same ip? would ebay suspend me for that even if i had commpeltely different information for each account?

You gotta change your IP address when creating a new account, Paypal or eBay. If you don't they will be linked.
Old 05-07-2007

Longevity: 99%

Interesting. I was about to report someone too, but not quite the same. This user (or loser) bid on several auctions, then turned around and ignored me when he didn't like my shipping cost. He's done it to several others as well. He has like 6 negatives already on a relatively new account, yet he's still there. Isn't there supposed to be a 3 strikes rule?? I guess it's not automatic. I was thinking maybe ebay could hurry along his "departure" by reporting him in addition to the npb I filed. Is this a good idea, or am I asking them to look into and pay close attention to MY account by doing this?