hits from ebay to my online store.. but no links on ebay... how..? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-29-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default hits from ebay to my online store.. but no links on ebay... how..?

can anyone explain this? I was just looking at some stats, and in Nov 07 I've got 7500 hits to more store.. unfortunately in November (and now!) I was still working on it so nothing was available to sell.. ...anyone know why? its not on the about me page (coz its not ready)... I certainly didnt put it in the listings, I'm bewildered and confuzled and I'd like to replicate that behaviour if at all possible, if only I knew what I did...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-29-2008

Longevity: 93%

well im not sure why that is but i do know using stores is a excellent way to stay low key, as a matter of fact I have NEVER had a store item pulled or hit by a vero if there were no auction listings cross promoting it(not saying they wont im sure they have and will just not as likely). I would sit brand items in the store or anything I thought may draw to much attention and it would get its own traffic and eventually sell just pretty slow though sometimes a week or two one item took a month, then if i wanted to clear a perticular type of item out of the store without listing it in auction mode because of all the attention it would attract then I would list a simular none brand item and people would check out the store automaticlly and bam its gone. as a matter of fact once i was selling a set of special edition shoes on an account and they vero'd it twice so I sat it all by itself in the store and about a week later it was bought.
Old 02-29-2008

Longevity: 95%

whoaaa that is some good info!!!!!! i will have to try this out myself. sounds like it might work.

Ytl, did you have any items in the store? or a description up? or any content in it?
people might have liked your regular listings so they visited your store.
Old 02-29-2008
MU

Send a message via MSN to Mr_Wolf Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Wolf

Yea, but nobody answered the question yet..

Question is, he has eBay auctions, and gets hits to his website from eBay.. Why, since he is not linking his website in his auctions..

I bet pictures are hosted on his website..
Old 02-29-2008
Threadstarter  

theres a bit of confusion as to what I'm referring to, its my fault I wasn't clear enough. I mean (as Mr Wolf has observed), a website from which I host an online store, not an eBay store, because that is likely to get hits as there are automatically links to it from within your listings, under ones username.

I think I did host pictures from one of my domains, Mr Wolf, that could actually be it! I could have got hits to those domains because thats where the images were hosted, and I have in fact done this my self, checked out where someones image is hosted and checkout out their website.

I thought that perhaps it had been me going from ebay, to work on storetopia.. but over 7500 times? I didn't think I was that diligent..

If it is the images, then my goodness. In November, there was a huge peak in activity to my domain, thats when I had the most (80, all ebay store) listings (incidentally, in response to internetceo, I was VERO's for store listings, but on the other hand I was revising them all at once like 4-5 times a day) and thats when I'd got them looking nice and professional, and also working in I.E (for some time they looked great in mozilla, but when I checked in I.E they were all over the place). At the end of November, I was banned for VERO.. of course they were legit but there ya go, consequently, hits dropped like a lead balloon.

The store just had a coming soon landing page, and if anyone had bothered to try /index.php after the domain, they'd have entered an OsCommerce store with example products.

I think that could be it, image hosting. If it is, thats quite powerful, and I'd suggest hosting your own images from an online store, perhaps some people know that if you've got a website going you might have the same product on there for cheaper. However, of course if you've been banned and your 'underground' and you've used that domain before obviously don't host images from it, its probably worth getting a new domain with an online store just to host images from, probably would increase revenue and store sales.
Old 02-29-2008
Threadstarter  

by the way... Mr Wolf... whats the time?

haha.
Old 02-29-2008
MU

13:42 man.. Found a butt left over from yesterday, lit it up around 11.. Last me a good 2 hours or so.. Made me go against igotinfo, lol.. I hope I don't get banned for that!

By the way, your original post and this one, make no sense to normal people.

So about image hosting.. You know eBay.. They are pretty gay, eGay in fact. You know what I mean.. It is against eBay policy to have links to websites where goods are sold outside of eBay.. In eGay wonder land, you may get a suspension for hosting your images the way you do..

Check your detailed log.. Most probably people only accessed images you linked. And nothing else.
Old 02-29-2008
Threadstarter  

ah yeah.

thats it.

lol. I wish I made sense to normal people. Obviously, I make enough sense for a related response though. So that'll do.

(...see that? HAH, I bet what I just said made sense to ANYONE.)
Old 02-29-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I think Mr. Wolf got this one. If you host images from your own site, each time the image is loaded somewhere else it's counted as a visit. Some call it hot linking. I hate when people do it to my site because it waste bandwidth and messes up my stats. I actually made it harder to do with the blog part of my site. I have this cow image, if you search Google images for 'cow'. I used to have an image on the first page of Google images, and man it was hit hard until I blocked it months later. After I did that my visitor stats lowered about 1000 people a day!

It's your images man!

Old 02-29-2008
MU

Now you can make so that when people click that cow they go to your store and buy things off of eBay... But that's illegal!!!
Old 03-01-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Awesome cow.
Old 03-01-2008

Longevity: 95%

lol the cow looks confused