Return address problem - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Return address problem

Long time, no see. Need some advice please

I stopped using the 'Stealth' method a while ago as I didn't feel secure that I wouldn't get in some kind of trouble. But a few weeks ago, a buyer opened a dispute with PayPal for items I'd sold months ago, claiming that they are 'not as described'. Even though they are, but, hey-ho.

When he opended the dispute, I asked him to contact me for the correct return address if PayPal decided in his favour. When I didn't hear from him, I emailed him directly twice. I did not receive a response.

PayPal decided in his favour - which I knew they would (they always do) - my problem is that he has sent the items back to the stealth address. It's a real address but I have absolutely no idea who lives there. And I've no way to contact them. He has uploaded the tracking number to PayPal and I saw today that the package was delivered.

The refund will probably still go through as PayPal only care about tracking number confirmations. I'm obvioulsy bummed about losing out on both the refund and the returned items but my main concern is getting into trouble. That was always my concern with Stealth, that's why I stopped doing it.

I'd like to ask this guy if he put his address on the package as they may just return it back to him stating 'not known at this address'. But he won't answer me.

A stranger received a package today, with a bogus name, that should have been sent to me. Should I get in touch with PayPal? Should I be worried (legal wise, I mean)?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2011

wow man just..wow
Old 11-07-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks, man.

That's really put my mind at rest
Old 11-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Just refund the customer already...could have avoided this.
Old 11-07-2011
Threadstarter  

This could have been avoided but this is the first time EVER that I've had an item returned so I didn't really prepare correctly that they might send it back. Could have put my real address on the back of the original package. I know that. But I didn't think at the time as I didn't anticipate a problem.

I'll send the refund. That's not my concern. My concern is a legal worry...
Old 11-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

Issue the refund and stop using that address. The package will end up in someone's hands for free and they will like it or toss it. You are making this out to be something much more than it really is.
Old 11-07-2011

Longevity: 78%

I agree with unkown, your making this bigger than it is. Isn't all your info stealth anyway? Don't worry about it
Old 11-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisek View Post
Long time, no see. Need some advice please

I stopped using the 'Stealth' method a while ago as I didn't feel secure that I wouldn't get in some kind of trouble. But a few weeks ago, a buyer opened a dispute with PayPal for items I'd sold months ago, claiming that they are 'not as described'. Even though they are, but, hey-ho.

When he opended the dispute, I asked him to contact me for the correct return address if PayPal decided in his favour. When I didn't hear from him, I emailed him directly twice. I did not receive a response.

PayPal decided in his favour - which I knew they would (they always do) - my problem is that he has sent the items back to the stealth address. It's a real address but I have absolutely no idea who lives there. And I've no way to contact them. He has uploaded the tracking number to PayPal and I saw today that the package was delivered.

The refund will probably still go through as PayPal only care about tracking number confirmations. I'm obvioulsy bummed about losing out on both the refund and the returned items but my main concern is getting into trouble. That was always my concern with Stealth, that's why I stopped doing it.

I'd like to ask this guy if he put his address on the package as they may just return it back to him stating 'not known at this address'. But he won't answer me.

A stranger received a package today, with a bogus name, that should have been sent to me. Should I get in touch with PayPal? Should I be worried (legal wise, I mean)?
Wouldn't it be a federal offense for those people at your stealth address to accept that package?? They should refuse delivery.
Old 11-17-2011

Longevity: 72%

what if I provided totally bogus address ?
What would Paypal do ?

I ask this not because I want to cheat buyer but because I do not want to be cheated by buyers.
Old 11-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopal View Post
what if I provided totally bogus address ?
What would Paypal do ?

I ask this not because I want to cheat buyer but because I do not want to be cheated by buyers.
Good question. I've wondered this as well. If the package is "returned to sender" does PP rule in the seller's favor because delivery could not be confirmed?? I can't see them doing that...