eBay account has been restricted indefinitely - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 10-25-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%

Yes it was, but it may be good to start again. I am looking to do it because I think you are blacklisted regardless.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-26-2011

Hi All,
I'm a Newbee here having been restricted Indefinitely earlier this month - ouch - really needed that income. Have tried appealing with extenuating circumstances to no avail.
99.4% feedback on a score of 4500, member since 2004. Booted for low DSRs on shipping times.

Interestingly, one member of staff, during an on-line chat, advised me to try opening a new account with a new email address! Surely this will be detected and closed down?

Are accounts held by other members of my family at risk now?

I've heard a lot about stealth accounts, do they work OK in the UK and do they cost a lot to set up?
I have done the obvious and set up accounts on eBid, CQout and Bonanza, but traffic is poor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Photomix For This Useful Post:
ebayhatesme417 (11-19-2017)
Old 10-29-2011

Wow, I didn't know that eBay would be that crazy! I've been a long time seller on eBay but it seems that it doesn't matter to them. I used to push out $500K/month and a slow month is more than $150K. My account has been below standard this month, which now is a big deal to eBay.

I do think that eBay sellers work hard and do their best to keep their business but eBay is just way over their head in keep such a crazy bar that force so many hard work and dedicated sellers out of business. So sad :(
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t1357x For This Useful Post:
hypothamus (08-10-2018), LTravers (11-10-2011), mrgazer (10-24-2015)
Old 11-01-2011

So, you good power sellers sell a lot, make a lot of money a month in which Ebay makes a lot of money because of you. So if your sales dont do so good in the new few months after, they boot you? That is the most dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. This just makes good people go bad and want to mess with Ebays system.
Old 11-02-2011
Banned

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodie View Post
So, you good power sellers sell a lot, make a lot of money a month in which Ebay makes a lot of money because of you. So if your sales dont do so good in the new few months after, they boot you? That is the most dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. This just makes good people go bad and want to mess with Ebays system.
Like me? I'd love to sell counterfeit stuff on ebay and get paid for it. Just recenlty found a page detailing how to forge a painting and make hundreds, thousands, even millions. When I first bought off dhgate I was pissed to find out that everything was counterfeit.

One time I bought Inuyasha season 1 from an ebay seller. A year later I decided to resell it because I ddin't like that it had no subtitles. I sold it for the same price I bought it. Told the buyer that I realized my version was blue rather than the red that most other listings had up. Just after I got home from shipping the item I found my account restricted and the buyer got his money back and the item and my account was banned on the spot.

I later found out that the buyer is a user on gamefaqs where I also visit from time to time. He just happened to be on the board that I posted my ebay complaint on.

Yeah, I wanna sell those purses that retail for $5 grand. $5 ****ing grand! I would quit my job if I had that much. That is what I make in 1 whole year's worth of work part time in my late 20's now and I can't make a ****ing dime.

Sorry for rant.
Old 11-08-2011

Longevity: 79%
Exclamation Who needs money, when there's FREeBay??!!!

Quote:
And ME TOO!! I was a Powerseller with a 99% positive Feedback score of over 5,000+ when I got that message a year ago when my employee in the shipping department screwed up some shipments and got us low DSR's.

Obviously, the scamming is now to be done as a BUYER. Basically, it's a free for all. Simply find Powersellers who have a reputation to lose, bid on their items. Then once you get the item in the mail, tell the seller you want a refund or you'll leave them FOUR low DSR's, negative feedback, AND file Paypal & Ebay disputes. Keep the item AND get refunded. WORKS ALL THE TIME!!!

I may not be making MONEY on ebay anymore, but who needs money when you got all you need on FREeBay??!!!

I', a 37 year old man who was making SIX figures a year on eBay. Now I'm living with mommy & dada.

I don't understand why ebay & Paypal can't at least grant people a "probation account" after a couple years with certain limits on it so they can eventually earn their accounts back.

THIS SUCKS!!

My WHOLE LIFE, income, and lively hood has been stripped away from me FOREVER.

Now it's time to get me some free stuff on FREeBay!!! I'm not gonna stop until EVERY last seller gets suspended!!

If we ALL do this, eventually, eBay will be GONE!!

I don't think eBay understand that SELLERS are BUYERS TOO!!

WHen I sold on eBay, I would buy shipping supplies, printer ink, labels, rubber stamps, bags, and so much more.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdubtbird For This Useful Post:
Cohen.Ariel (02-09-2017)
Old 11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradBigglestein View Post
Why is eBay so hard with the banned for life restrictions for things that are so simple? On most websites of any kind, you need to do something really bad to be banned for life.

Why is eBay so crazy over it?
There is really only one answer "eBay CEOs are crooks"
I noticed they suspend only small sellers, and never buyers since they disallowed negative feedback for buyers.
There only reason is corruption at eBay.
Worldwide amount of consumer money, purchase power so to speak is limited meaning every seller is threat to another one in terms he takes away another one's customers.

I have never seen big corportate seller suspended on eBay.
IMHO these big crooks simply pay eBay crooks to establish farudulent policies and then require to perform certain amount of suspension per months.
One of methods lately is INR dispute via Paypal, try to google this:
site:forums.ebay.com ebay crooks inr
You may see all reports decribing such fraud methods were quickly removed by eBay crooks.
Old 11-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

This is nothing compared to the chargebacks buyers do even if they receive the item and leave positive feedback lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2011

I have been with ebay for 8 years, over 1400 sales with 100% feedback.

Item as described 112
Communication 112
Dispatch time 110
Postage and packaging charges 111

5 out 5 for everything accept postage, which is 4.9 out of 5

and I lost my account over night, they claim they wanted to make some checks as I was selling a lot more than usual. I was selling a lot more but small items selling between £10 - £20 nothing special.

So they blocked my account while they made their checks, and emailed all the buyers saying that my account was being checked and that the item they brought has beeen removed. Of course all the buyers, 61 of them waiting for their items got concerned and logged a dispute to either recieve the item or refund.

When I phoned ebay to ask " what the are you doing to my account " they said, you have 8 disputes. I said you cuased the disputes with your email.

I was paying around £400 a month in ebay fees, if this the way they are then I never want to buy or sell on there again, if fact I would never sell on there again. I want to ensure I post how bad ebay are on every possible internet site. Ebay are rubbish and I truly hope 1 day their entire organisation fails.

No longer a Not a registered user
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to davidnm For This Useful Post:
Buffet (04-20-2016), Cohen.Ariel (02-09-2017), gr8 (03-06-2013), kirkie2 (03-10-2020)
Old 11-14-2011

Have lost my 5year 5k+ 99% feedback acc for same reason.
Go Stealth or forget them.
Old 11-15-2011

they did the same to me, cause i was so called below standard! oh well that's thousands they don't get from me or do they? ha ha ha eBay Stealth, here i come!
Old 11-16-2011

They suspended mine today "indefinitely". I had perfect feedback with zero disputes. I started off casually selling cheap dvds to build feedback and everything was smooth sailing. As soon as I start selling the more expensive items, BOOM "selling is restricted indefinitely".

What's the point of using EBAY if you're not making money? It seems to me like they just want to keep the sellers around that sell little cheap items so the seller won't make any money and EBAY can rape them with fees.

Have any of you tried to sell on Craigslist? I've had a lot of success on there. The only problem with Craigslist is you have to either meet your buyer in public or have them come over to your home/business. I usually just meet them in public since I have had problems with a few nutty people on there before.
Old 11-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elainegizmo View Post
They suspended mine today "indefinitely". I had perfect feedback with zero disputes. I started off casually selling cheap dvds to build feedback and everything was smooth sailing. As soon as I start selling the more expensive items, BOOM "selling is restricted indefinitely".

Show us the notice you got. More to the story than you are saying...
Old 11-16-2011

To help keep our website a safer place for buyers and sellers, your account will be restricted from selling indefinitely.

Our decision is based on evidence from our records. We're not comfortable with your selling practices or business model, and we feel they don't help to promote a positive buying and selling environment.

Even though you can't sell on our website, you can still use your account to buy or bid on items. For more information on the basics of buying, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/basics.html

Please remember that you can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.

Thanks,

eBay

H66084

This was the notice I got today. It happened out of the blue for no reason because I've been selling multiple Playstation 3 video games. I never had a problem just selling the little cheap DVDs. When I moved onto video games they suspend me indefinitely.
Old 11-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Ah, the new items have been the killer. Ouch. What is the age of the account & feedback?

There's a fine line from selling dvds and selling playstation games. Was your paypal fully verified?

What's your background in ebay?
Old 11-16-2011

The account is only 2 months old. No chargebacks, no low DSR's that I can see. Fully verified. I even called them a few weeks ago to get the account reinstated after they did this the first time. They reinstate the account then suspend it indefinitely after I sell two video games worth over 40 bucks a piece.
They should at least give us a warning when we are selling too much. It almost feels like they are weeding out competition to their own electronic stores.

I think after reading some comments on this forum I don't even want my account reinstated. Sounds like a lot of people are losing money due to EBAY greed.

Just seems too risky to get back into. I might try to create an account later just to sell junk but I'm done trying to see big profits into EBAY. If you get too big they will just axe you anyway.
Old 11-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

That 1st take down flagged the account. So you had, in their eyes, been trouble. Typical of them to suspend indefinately within a few weeks.

Those video games are high risk in their eyes.

No warning would come because you had already had one (other) suspension even though it was resolved.

You might consider buying on the account and getting more feedback. Keep the account going and re-appraise in say 9 months. Other users have tried that tactic.
Old 11-23-2011

Longevity: 76%
Default Misti427

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
STOP asking this.

Your account will NOT be given back to you.

You need to start again.
The STEALTH EBOOK is your answer to start over again. I was a high rated powerseller with over 7000 feedback and one customer ruined it for me and Ebay took the customers side and my Ebay account was closed. I bought the steath book and now I'm back on Ebay 8 mos. later as a high rated Powerseller again.
This ebook is awesome...read it and follow directions and you will be back on Ebay before you know it. And always refer to it when you need to. Good luck!

Last edited by Misti427; 11-23-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2011

Longevity: 74%

when I read whole things here, my tears is coming from my eyes.
i did got two scamer they tried kept item for free,after I rejected. and they boot my power account has limitation, when I read other sellers wrote same feeling here, i cannot help to cry.
at least i can find someone has same feeling.
---
"I do think that eBay sellers work hard and do their best to keep their business but eBay is just way over their head in keep such a crazy bar that force so many hard work and dedicated sellers out of business. So sad :(
Old 11-25-2011

Default ebay/Paypal same Rubbish

Your account is closed, dont bother waiting on hope or trying to fix your account in hope as you will never ! never be able to use that account again.

Sorry to be so direct, but it is fact.

You will see on the net that a lot of sellers have gathered together and are posting their complaints to BBC Watch Dog, this is more regarding Paypal holding funds. Last night I joined them and sent my story off to Watch Dog.

P.S stay clear of Amazon, they have started do the exact same thing with holding all your funnds for 3 months.

Back to car boots..
Old 11-26-2011

Longevity: 71%

hi my ebay account has been suspended indefinately,
is it possible to open a american ebay account and paypal account,
my suspension is on ebay uk but not sure if different rules apply in other countries,
thanks
Old 11-26-2011

Longevity: 75%

I have heard that indefinately does not 100% mean forever - the word they should use if it's forever is permenantly.
If it's not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ that brought you down, or blatent theft, and its's low dsr's then possibly it could become reinstated after 1 year.
But with that will come restrictions - and the year wait without income.

So, just forget it and go stealth - multiple times.
The Following User Says Thank You to NotAHappyBunny For This Useful Post:
Themav (08-27-2013)