My method to avoid the required Paypal verified account link - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-27-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default My method to avoid the required Paypal verified account link

It seems the Paypal required flag is hitting many of us lately so I will give you my opinion on the subject. Here is my first post on the matter when I was creating accounts one night: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...-required.html

I have found this method to work when others have not, as always, use the ASPKIN method in conjunction with this method:

When first registering an account, the way I worked around it is:

1- DO NOT use a proxy like AOL. Use your browser IE or Firefox or others
2- DO NOT use an anonymous email address like AOL or YAHOO etc. Your internet service should come with multiple email addresses, use them.
3- DO NOT use a gift account to register. Use a real card or prepaid credit card.
4- Be certain your IP address traces to the same area as your registration address. i.e. If you are registering a St Louis account, use an IP that traces to St louis (TRACE YOUR IP will show you where your IP says you are, may have to refresh to clear cache).

I made 3 accounts that were limited, paypal required. Then, I made 2 accounts that same night using the above rules, and no problem, list right away. Another thing I did was use the "KEEP IT SIMPLE" listing link available on the first screen after you click "SELL" or "CREATE SELLER ACCOUNT" etc. If you list the first item using the full listing form, it may or may not cause suspicion. Act like a newbie and you will be OK. Otherwise, open the account, bid on 2 or 3 small items to get a few feedbacks, then wait a week, sell a few small things, etc. Build it up slowly.

Since I first started using this method I have registered 7 accounts this week and started selling immediately without limitation. Some people never have a problem, I think they are just getting lucky. Straight from the horses mouth via eBay Live Help "some accounts are required to link a verified paypal account for various reasons. High risk categories, inconsistent information, large dollar items." I hope this helps.....Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to anotherguy For This Useful Post:
safelysolipsize (03-01-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2008

Longevity: 94%

Hmm, so you think it's relating to the geographical side of the signup?
Maybe...
The only thing is with an ISP address, they all end in the same thing before @, so it could be easy for them to link via that.
Old 02-28-2008
Threadstarter  

Yes I believe that the geographical IP location is an issue, if you are registering in St louis but have an IP from Florida, it is raising flags. I think we are at the end of registering new accounts via proxy on ebay. Who knows, its to early to tell.
Old 02-28-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Why at the end? Dial-up into the location where you create the account and you're done.
Old 02-28-2008

Longevity: 95%

^ exaaactly.

just get a long distance phone plan and connect to the dialin phone number thats located in the city where you made your ebay/paypal account and you are all set. from ebays point of view you are connecting from that city even if you are in another city/state/country
Old 02-29-2008
Threadstarter  

I did a little research and even when you dial in to a city, your IP doesnt always trace to that city. For instance, I dialed in to St Louis MO via People PC and received an IP address that traced to Marina Del Ray CA. So yes dialup may be helpful but you should always see where the IP traces to. Just to be safe.

There is no doubt that the geographical location of your IP can get you flagged and blocked/suspended.
Old 02-29-2008

well not all IPs are perfect, usually the ISPs servers are located in large cities. its still better to be as close as possible to your physical location as you can.
Old 02-29-2008

HI:
YOu techy guys prob use excel spread sheets or stuff to keep track, but i just use yellow post its, around my pc, saving the ip/ how dialed in, where , and as a guest or not?
i.e. aol dial up- as a guest, then logged in as suzyque, dialed a 303-xxx-xxxx number, recd a denver, co i.p. of 199.xxx.xx.xx,
-- I also notate this on the back of my index cards for each acct..
Old 02-29-2008

lol
how come you dont use exel? that thing is super handy, plus i use a laptop so all my notes are with me everywhere i go.
i probably have a billion exel files for all the things i have to keep track of (not just ebay stuff)
i love exel

savahaganda
you can connect to an american dialup number from overseas and have an american ip.. and ebay wont know. ive never tried this though, since overseas international calling isn't 100% yet, and dialup uses those weird noises to transmit data, the phone call has to have clear reception or you'll have packet loss. BUT i do know you can get a long distance phone plan and connect all over north america and get yourself a billion different ips
Old 02-29-2008

umm. I just checked out that trace my ip, from a friends house, and they use AOL...living in the UK i'd have thought it would be a uk ip.. but... I guess because its AOL, the IP address is located in Marina Del Ray! Surely, then, UK users on AOL must be an exception on the ebay system...
Old 02-29-2008
Threadstarter  

eBay probably has different rules for UK I dont know.
Old 02-29-2008
Threadstarter  

My sentiments exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
its still better to be as close as possible to your physical location as you can.
Old 02-29-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Maybe ebay 'knows' AOL UK users have certain IP numbers so there are no problems.
Old 03-01-2008

See I'm pretty sure I signed up this new account with a UK IP address...I just simply unplugged and reconnected my router.

I'l give it another go sometime else.
Old 03-01-2008

I have dial up to work with. My ip comes up in New York. I am in Iowa. Any ideas? Should my accounts be made for New York? Anyone else with Net Zero have this problem? Because I swear the first time I used it, I got an ip for my area.
Old 03-01-2008
Threadstarter  

Modee,

As the title reads, this is my method based on my experience. I thought this board was here for people to contribute their experiences and methods.

I didn't say AOL dial up, AOL proxy web browser is what I meant. And I also didnt say anything about pre-11/2007 accounts, I said new accounts. "and still I am using a merchant account only. No PayPal" - of course you aren't required, once you verify your merchant account with eBay, the Paypal flag will never hit you. "3 is not an issue. we've been creating accounts with gift cards since the beginning of this forum" - of course gift cards aren't an issue, I said gift account, virtual credit accounts. Maybe you didnt read my post thoroughly?

I was expressing my findings from creating accounts recently. There is a pattern...method to eBay's madness. The information is a factual account of my experience and should have some merit on this board. Your rebuttal also has merit when discussing gift cards and older pre 11/2007 accounts. With all due respect, I wish everyone success on eBay.
Old 03-02-2008

To be fair on another guy, he did say:

Quote:
When first registering an account, the way I worked around it is:
Thanks for sharing your work arounds, it's always good to know what works for other people.
Old 03-02-2008
Threadstarter  

With all due respect, your post is all over the place. You are focusing on points that I did not make or mention. "You still had to verify your merchant account" I am not nor have I ever said I am talking about the merchant verification process.

I dont want to get into a pissy arguement, im here, and I pay real money, to learn and share my experiences. Good luck to all with eBay.
Old 03-02-2008
Threadstarter  

Huh?

I have never in my life EVER verified a merchant account. I was referring to your post.

This conversation is pointless now, we are discussing two different posts I think. Good luck with eBay.
Old 01-12-2009
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Agreed^^ This is entirely random.

I've created two identical accounts (not identical, but you know what I mean) - both pay for seller fees via Simon GiftAccount. One is listing daily via Auctiva scheduler. The other has listed two, and then it's run into errors.
Old 01-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

'Two similar accounts' is a better description. This thread is 10 months
old. Things have changed quite a bit nowdays. Too risky for newbies to pay much attention.