Dropshipping or stock orders - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 11-20-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Dropshipping or stock orders

Just thought I would find out the general thoughts on the forum regarding dropshipping from China,

There are things that I think with dropshipping could go wrong, that I havent thought of before I did the first few orders.

If I dropship a vero item from CHina to my customers address, (I have advertised it will be coming from my supplier) but has anyone ever had a problem when dropshipping, that a single item in one parcel could get seized...then the letter that is sent will end up in my customers hands!??

Do people on this forum usually order the stock beforehand?

Feedback would be great!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

If you dropship vero items you can expect to lose your account fairly quickly. The first custom's seizure will see to that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Pringles (11-21-2011)
Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You just stated the number one reason this will not work. I have never seen a seizure letter from the UK, but if they are anything like to ones in the USA, they are SCARY to the average person. They look just like court papers and use words like infringing, felony, violation, illegal, damages, prison, etc.

Once a customer gets one of those, they won't just be after a refund, they will want you DEAD! They will be thinking they could be arrested, will need to hire an attorney and will want some professional advice in dealing with it. Good luck telling them to ignore the letter!

They will call eBay and most likely demand legal representation, or that eBay pay for their attorney. Needless to say, your account will be closed. The buyer MAY even call law enforcement and file a report as to what happened. If law enforcement in the UK is ANYTHING like the American FBI, and they decide to investigate, they WILL learn your real information VERY QUICKLY. The will find the bank account attached to your PayPal account and see who it belongs to. Your bank won't give information to PayPal, but they WILL give law enforcement anything they want.

Other problems include the time it would take for the item to get from China to the UK. And then there are the returns. Many of the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ produced in China are poor quality and buyers will want to return them. But you will have to take the returns as sending the items back to China will be cost prohibitive.

There are many problems for sellers of foo-foo items, as GB puts it, and drop-shipping just compounds those problems. Not worth it, IMHO.

Last edited by jeffweico; 11-20-2011 at 01:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Pringles (11-21-2011)
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

DO NOT DROP SHIP FROM CHINA.

Unless you want to lose your account within a matter of days.
The Following User Says Thank You to LoopHole For This Useful Post:
Pringles (11-21-2011)
Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavey10 View Post
Just thought I would find out the general thoughts on the forum regarding dropshipping from China,

There are things that I think with dropshipping could go wrong, that I havent thought of before I did the first few orders.

If I dropship a vero item from CHina to my customers address, (I have advertised it will be coming from my supplier) but has anyone ever had a problem when dropshipping, that a single item in one parcel could get seized...then the letter that is sent will end up in my customers hands!??

Do people on this forum usually order the stock beforehand?

Feedback would be great!
If you were Located here in the USA could have recommeded you to a a Good Doctor to HAVE YOUR HEAD EXAMINED!!!

Are you Nuts?,,,Droppshipping is BAD Enough, what with all of the Unreliable Suppliers out there,,,

Dropshipping from CHINA is even Worse,,what with all of the Scam artists over there,,

Dropshipping VERO From China is simply,,,,,,,,, Suicidal

Just save yourself a Lot of time, trouble, and agravation,,E-Mail Ebay and tell them to suspend your account, then go down to the Authorities, and confess to the LUNACY of the venture that you were about to undertake,,it would be a LOT Easier on you,,,
Pringles (11-21-2011)
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 78%

^ lolololol
Old 11-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
If you were Located here in the USA could have recommeded you to a a Good Doctor to HAVE YOUR HEAD EXAMINED!!!

Are you Nuts?,,,Droppshipping is BAD Enough, what with all of the Unreliable Suppliers out there,,,

Dropshipping from CHINA is even Worse,,what with all of the Scam artists over there,,

Dropshipping VERO From China is simply,,,,,,,,, Suicidal

Just save yourself a Lot of time, trouble, and agravation,,E-Mail Ebay and tell them to suspend your account, then go down to the Authorities, and confess to the LUNACY of the venture that you were about to undertake,,it would be a LOT Easier on you,,,
Quality post slapped.