Submiting tracking number to paypal and ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-17-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Submiting tracking number to paypal and ebay?

Here is my question. i am selling items on ebay from china. Will there be a problem if i submit the china tracking number to ebay and paypal? thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookyent View Post
Here is my question. i am selling items on ebay from china. Will there be a problem if i submit the china tracking number to ebay and paypal? thanks in advance
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking yes. Your buyers will be pissed too when they see China tracking#'s when they thought they were buying in the US.
Old 11-18-2011

Longevity: 74%

If it is shipped via China post, these tracking numbers would work in the USPS website right when the packages reached the first U.S. Post Office and they see it.
Old 11-18-2011

Longevity: 77%

It's not a problem if you state the location of the item is in China and clearly list shipping time, you should also choose the correct shipping method on ebay (economy/standard/express shipping from outside the USA).

If you expect the shipping time to be a little long (20-40 days) I also add a big bold note in the top of the auction that tells buyers shipping time may take up to 40 days, it helps avoid low DSR on shipping time.
Old 11-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

A lot depends on customer satisfaction.
Old 11-20-2011

Longevity: 76%

I asked a similar question in another thread and got slated for dropshipping via China however your doing the same so passing on the message from my thread, ''if you fancy being without an eBay account quite happily carryon'' lol

H
Old 11-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

It's very true though. Most ebay buyers want to see their items in 2 or 3 days tops. Even if you use big bold letters to write out "7 to 10 business days for shipping" they will expect delivery in a few days. Drop shipping from China or selling from China on a US account is a quick way to get negative feedbacks and lose the account.
Old 11-24-2011

Longevity: 73%

I disagree - as long as people get the item within a couple of weeks - and they clearly know where the item is there shouldnt be a problem. Make sure it is clear in the listing when the anticipated delivery time is.

Depending which service you use, you shouldn't have a problem with items arriving on time. China Post is pretty reliable and nearly always arrives within a week sometimes closer to two.

As long as the customer thinks they are getting a bargain they won't mind waiting for a little while.

Be courtious and send a follow up email with estimated delivery. I send as much info as possible - ie tracking no, tracking site and an estimated delivery date. I give them some spiel about weekends pushing the date back a bit. Then when the item arrives before that date, voila, one happy customer Well until the paint washes off and the item electrocutes their cat...

I have started using Universal Package Tracking Service @ Packagetrackr as the site I direct customers to. It has lots of graphics and maps so you get a bit of a "oooh" factor - compare it to the standard China Post tracking site and you will see what I mean.

I think the risk of getting a negative is much the same compared to sellers who ship from their own country. There are so many buyers who simply don't understand the concept of DSR's that there is little hope either way. As is said time and time again, just make sure you have your back up plan ready!
Old 11-24-2011

I agree with FizzyFish - usually buyers who are not from the USA who buy stuff from China (like me) know delivery will take a while, maybe up to 40 days at sometimes.

Every person who is selling from China on ebay has the same delivery time - if you are using a dropshipper you only need to make sure he ships the items quickly.

Some buyers will not understand why it is taking their items more than 14 days to reach them and there is nothing you can do about that - but I really wouldn't say the negative feedback will pile up.

I usually write in big bold letter in the top of the auction page that average shipping time is 20 days but may take up to 40 days in extreme cases. I also write to buyers once the item i shipped not to leave low DSR on shipping because it is not up to me. I think an account like this CAN last but you have to treat it with proper care - a lot of communication with buyers.
Old 11-24-2011

I agree with FizzyFish - usually buyers who are not from the USA who buy stuff from China (like me) know delivery will take a while, maybe up to 40 days at sometimes.

Every person who is selling from China on ebay has the same delivery time - if you are using a dropshipper you only need to make sure he ships the items quickly.

Some buyers will not understand why it is taking their items more than 14 days to reach them and there is nothing you can do about that - but I really wouldn't say the negative feedback will pile up.

I usually write in big bold letter in the top of the auction page that average shipping time is 20 days but may take up to 40 days in extreme cases. I also write to buyers once the item i shipped not to leave low DSR on shipping because it is not up to me. I think an account like this CAN last but you have to treat it with proper care - a lot of communication with buyers.
Old 11-24-2011

Longevity: 76%
Exclamation

I dont dropship or deliver from China as such.

When I sell an item, my supplier is good and reliable from past experience, I give him my order its out for delivery within 12 hours via DHL 3-5 days.. arrives in the UK in 4 and I send out with Royal Mail Next Day 1pm or Parcelforce 24 and its there within 5 days without any expenditure on buying stock.

It takes some work finding a supplier like this though, in past months Ive bought it down from 11-12 days to MAXIMUM 5 sometimes 4days!

If all elses fails I send direct to customer and arrives anywhere in Europe within 3 or 4 days.
Old 11-24-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

your doing well there lad

pm your supplier LOL