Suspended--Accused of account linked to someone who is not me! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 03-03-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Question Suspended--Accused of account linked to someone who is not me!

I know you're supposed to search--and I tried this--I just couldn't find any posts with the combination of issues I'm experiencing. If I missed something, sorry about that.

I've been suspended for:

Your account was found to have the same or similar contact information
to the following previously suspended account:

accountname

The account name that I'm supposed to have similar contact information to though is NOT me--and I have no idea who they are!

I've tried and tried and tried to explain to eBay that I have nothing to do with the suspended account they're saying I'm connected to. I've sent probably 7 emails to eBay. I've faxed records to Trust & Safety. But all I get back is something similar to:

"After investigating this matter thoroughly and reviewing your situation
a number of times, we have determined that the correct action has been
taken in this case. As such, it has been decided that your eBay account
will remain suspended."

To my knowledge, I've done nothing wrong. I have a perfect feedback record and really, really want to get my account back. Can anyone suggest any additional course of action? They think that I'm somehow connected to someone I'm not and I can't convince them otherwise.

It's pretty distressing--I'm really frustrated. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Probably someone who has the same name and lives in the same city. Bad luck!

Try registering a new account under a fantasy name/address
Old 03-03-2008
Threadstarter  

Can I call anyone? Is there anyone else I can contact?
Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

You can ask eBay to reinstate your account. But there's a 99.99999.....(ran out of space here) % chance they won't do it. You'll probably have a better chance of having your eBay account reinstated if you call PizzaHut. And nope, I'm not joking.
Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Well I bombarded them with angry emails emails using their generic email like 3to 4 times a day for about 2 weeks, demanding a legitimate explanation from a live person, they finally lifted the restriction, then they put it back on a few days later.

It really depends on which clown you get over there.

The last straw came when they limited me again, I told eBay I to take a good look at my address and told them I lived only 10 minutes away as was going to drive to their HQ with all my merchandise for their trust & safety dept to inspect.

After that they removed the restriction on my account.
Old 03-03-2008
Threadstarter  

The thing that kills me about this is that I'm innocent. If I try to create a "fantasy" account because my legit account is suspended unfairly, then I am resorting to do something wrong when I shouldn't need to. I am not even that big of a seller. They're accusing me of being connected to someone who decided one day to stop shipping merchandise to winning bidders--which means my PayPal account and bank account its linked to are probably f-ed.

Am not even sure I could take over and use my wife's account or am sure I'd get her suspended because we live at the same address.

So just continue on and and on and on with the replies to trust and safety? I've already sent them 5-7 emails and faxed over my phone bill, wireless bill, and home insurance bill. They won't get off the idea that I'm connected to some deadbeat I don't even know.
Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

ebay are virtually inflexible in matters like this. No such thing as innocent until proven guilty but guilty because we{ebay} have said that you are guilty.

If you search posts there are some ebay phone numbers that you might
use.
Old 03-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa B View Post
The last straw came when they limited me again, I told eBay I to take a good look at my address and told them I lived only 10 minutes away as was going to drive to their HQ with all my merchandise for their trust & safety dept to inspect.
I bet T&S went to Defcon 1 and locked down everything in their building and hid under their desks :D
Old 03-04-2008

I tried this once to no avail. I wasn't all that persistent tho cause I found this board. I used the same address but a different name and tried to say I just moved.
Old 03-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

imjustme - is that a picture of you or just an avatar you picked out?
what's with the red cheeks?
Too cute.
Old 03-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
Simple.. Just fax in YOUR valid I.D., utility bill, phone bill, corresponding to that address.. all the emails do nothing, theyre being answered by cs reps..
The faxes got to Loss Prevention, and I believe a review team of some kind? (maybe 1 person--dont know)
Good Luck )
P.S. The fax to get an acct reinstated is(ALL info must be EXACT as on your ebay acct);
1-877-684-7340..
They also have a "SPECIAL" (LOL)...fax line JUST for the "abusing ebay"..(They need to sell T-shirts... I "abused Ebay".. they'd get their Revenues up!!!
Its 1-877-349-1798...
Old 03-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa B View Post
imjustme - is that a picture of you or just an avatar you picked out?
what's with the red cheeks?
Too cute.
Its NOT me, really. I look more of something between George Clooney and brad Pitt. Seriously.
Old 03-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

OK, I believe you
Old 03-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
They also have a "SPECIAL" (LOL)...fax line JUST for the "abusing ebay"..(They need to sell T-shirts... I "abused Ebay".. they'd get their Revenues up!!!
Its 1-877-349-1798...
I'm sorry--what does this part mean? How is this number different then the other fax?

So far have only sent one fax, and quickly got (another) denial.

Really continously steamed because I didn't do a damn thing wrong--they have me mixed up with someone else. Seems I at least would have the right to know exactly *what* is matching between me and someone else so I'd know if I had something to worry about as far as my personal information goes...
Old 03-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

The part about the Tshirts was a joke. It has been the very sad experience of
ebayhateluv to have accounts suspened. The fax # given is for that group
within ebay that makes the decision.

Over the years ebay has suspened SO many users that a funny Tshirt should be
made as above.
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 98%

If you don't want to make accounts with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info and you're completely legit, you should drive down in person to eBay.
Old 03-06-2008

Tom, it's possible that some hackers got hold of your personal information, opened up an eBay account in your name, and sold some laptops they didn't have. As a result eBay can only assume that you did that and they're not listening to you anymore. If this is the case then I doubt you can do anything about it, since it simply costs eBay too much time to carefully evaluate everyone who calims "I didn't do it!!", and it's nearly impossible for you to prove it was someone else who tried to sell those imaginary laptops anyway.
Old 03-06-2008
Threadstarter  

eBay finally unsuspended my account. I still don't know what triggered the suspension.

There were no fraudulent auctions coming from my account. They were claiming I shared some information with some other guy whose last 10 transactions weren't shipped or something. Kind of wonder if that guy died or was hurt or something--looked like he was selling low-cost items and had 140+ positive feedbacks before the streak of stiffing his auction winners. Looked like he'd "made off" with all of $140 or something from all the "bad" auctions combined or so--hardly seems worth ruining your reputation for even if you suddenly decided to turn into a criminal.

In any case, nothing really was happening in my *own* account. Hadn't sold anything for a couple months, while purchasing a few small things recently--but that was it.

Anyway--am really wondering if I should make big changes to my personal information on my account--have read many accounts where unsuspended accounts are simply suspended again a few days later for unknown reasons. Am actually afraid to do much of anything--as I still have no idea what caused all this.

Thanks to all of you for your assistance. Think the fax # was key though, as was relentless persistence. Or perhaps it was my case to the BBB. Anyway, it was truly looking hopeless for awhile--"we have reached our final decision, etc."

This whole ordeal has really been eye-opening though.