paypal scamming buyer what can i do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-29-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default paypal scamming buyer what can i do?

Hi ,just want to start by saying thanks to every one whos posted on this forum as it has helped me loads getting back on ebay/paypal everything was going fine till

I listed a item for sale which is cheaper than the rrp as i buy alot of clearance stock .The day i listed the item a buyer contacted me asking if it was genuine and i said as far as i know yes i buy my stock my reciepts ect i can send you more pictures for you to 100% check for your self .
if you do have any problems i will refund you as i would with any off my items.The buyer said ok and made me a offer and said they would pay for the item direct to my paypal instead of through ebay,.
i thought great paypal wont hold the payment for 21 days and i even offered the buyer the item for £5 cheaper than they offered as it was saving me ebay fees.The next day i sent the item to the buyer and told them so.After this they messaged me saying they hoped the item was genuine and they would be weighing it to check(i dont know why as it was clothing).
i thought this was a bit strange and checked there ebay feedback which is about 300 buying and selling since january and 75% off the feedback they have left for sellers is negative or neutral and looking by the sellers follow up feedback on each they all claim the buyer is rude and trying to get free items/discount.

After this i recieved more messages asking about the authenticy and saying that the price they bought the item for it can not be authentic(even though the buyer made this offer).The day the item arrived 2 days after they paid, they straight away open a paypal case not only saying the item was a copy but internaly damaged,missing parts and not as described and 5 minutes later escalated the claim without even contacting me.I staright away clicked on paypal saying i would give them a full refund when they return the item and also messaged the buyer saying this .

They replyed saying they have checked the barcode on there phone scanner and it dosent show up on google and to not contact them again (even though i had only ever messaged them to repy to there questions) and that they are not returning the item and want a refund and is leaving it to paypal.(reading the buyers feedback they open cases every other item they buy to get them cheaper or free)the buyer just wants to keep the item and say to paypal its ⊗⊗⊗⊗ so they can pertend they have destroyed it,i now know this was the buyers plan from the start .I have clicked in paypal that i will refund the buyer when they return the item and they have 10 days to return the item but they said there is no way they are returning the item and are updating there case and letting paypal deal with it .

i no longer have a reciept for that exact item but i do still have reciepts invoices from items the same i have bought more recently.Only last week i sold a pair of brand new shoes that another buyer said had snapped in half but only wanted a 10% discount(but there was nothing i could do and had to refund the 10%).I really dont know what to do should i just wait the 10 days to see if they return it or if not the case is closed iam happy to refund them but i cannot afford to loose the item and refund the money.The buyer lives about a hour away so iam tempted to tell them if they are trying to keep the item i will go and get it back myself (which i will)but will this get me banned from ebay/payapl,i do not mind refunding buyers but i will not be scammed. thanks to any one who can give me any advice .
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I can't read this diarrhea of a text =( Space it out - paragraph and topic sentences = key...please heh.

Ah well - all the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
biggesmalls (11-30-2011)
Old 11-29-2011

Not a great deal you can matey....
Others will offer advice...But me thinks buyer wins again....

Story the same all the time with PP
The Following User Says Thank You to sammybabe For This Useful Post:
biggesmalls (11-30-2011)
Old 11-29-2011

Longevity: 82%

i think paypal will issue a refund to the buyer only after he returns it theres no reason for him to keep the item and get a refund
The Following User Says Thank You to hackteck For This Useful Post:
biggesmalls (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I can't read this diarrhea of a text =( Space it out - paragraph and topic sentences = key...please heh.

Ah well - all the best.
lol id had a couple of beers when id wrote this
Old 11-30-2011
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the replys
I have already offered the buyer a full refund and in paypal is says they have 10 days to return the item to me with tracking or the case is closed, but they want to take the case further and refuse to return the item ,should i just wait ten days and not worrie?

im still quite new to ebay and this hasnt happened before
I just dont want to end up without the item or money
Old 11-30-2011

Longevity: 77%

Fro my experience paypal will force the buyer to return the item in order for him to receive a full refund.

Here is what you should do:

After 9 days from the case being escalated go to the resolution center and say you agree to issue a full refund if the item is returned to you.

- If the buyer does not return the item with a tracking number you are off the hook.

If the buyer returns the item to you with a tracking number but it is not what you sent him you should file a police report against him and upload that report to paypal.
The Following User Says Thank You to TowelKing For This Useful Post:
biggesmalls (11-30-2011)
Old 12-01-2011
Threadstarter  

This case has gone crazy

So it said the buyer had 10 days to return the item

Yesterday night on paypal it said the case is under review again till the 28th

but it would not let me comment in the dispute, ive not had chance to comment once

So i phoned paypal as this is not a stealth account and explained my side of the story

1 hour later i check my paypal and it says the buyer has to send proof within 3 days

Is this normal for a case to change so much,this is only my 3rd case and the other 2 accepted the refund
Old 12-02-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 71%

If you have a look at f%#¥youebay.com

There are a million stories exactly the same ..

This site and that one should like join forces or something .
Old 12-02-2011

Longevity: 75%

he/she will continue with this scam until someone reports him - i'd consider it if my account was about to go under.
Old 12-02-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzgr3k0 View Post
This site and that one should like join forces or something .
Yeah no. That's not going to change anything as always.
Old 01-15-2012
Threadstarter  

The buyer ended up getting there paypal suspended ;-)
Old 01-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Join forces so we can have more redundant posts and similar questions ha