Paying Off a Suspended Account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-07-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Paying Off a Suspended Account?

So I have an old Suspended Ebay account which is causing problems with my new accounts...such as can't list and account will be suspended if old account not paid, Limits placed on other accounts.

I happened to be stupid enough to open these other accounts before finding this forum and learning all the things to keep my new account from being linked to old account. Hence all my info such as Paypal, name, address and phone information is the same as old account. Duh! I know!

My question is this, will paying off my suspended account lift all the restrictions on my other accounts? And would that be the end of the problems? I've read so many horror stories here that I'm afraid going the honest route will eventually come back to bite me in the butt!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Consider your butt bitten.

No guarantee ebay will accept this and restore the account.

I'll let other folx chime in too
Old 12-08-2011

Longevity: 77%

eB@y will take your payment for sure. Will they give you back your account? Ehhhhhhhhh maybe. Probably not if you're selling in a high-risk category.

But I've had plenty of instances where they will TELL you that "all you need to do is pay your balance and your accounts will be restored" but that doesn't actually happen. You pay. They take your money. You lose both accounts.

Just start from scratch.
Old 12-08-2011
MU

Longevity: 81%

They will take your payment and probably keep your other accounts under radar for a while and then get the boot for being all linked. This has happened to me.
Old 12-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

@LMC1, you have a few responses to consider here. What is the amount in question? All the best.
Old 12-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Total owed is only about $70. As for what and how much I sell on my other accounts...not much. I usually list only the free listings every month, never go over that. Some things are $2 items others are $7-20 items. Items would not be considered in the high risk categories.

Doesn't really matter if they don't release my old account, don't really want it anymore. But I kinda need my new accounts. And I would prefer it to all be legit and honest. But I am worried that once I pay, they will turn around and suspend all my accounts (including my boyfriends) or not lift the limits.

Kind of a tough spot...need the money for Christmas...or need the accounts off limitation to be able to make that money back for Christmas.
Old 12-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Aw crap - reread your post, ok so your accounts are all linked - and you want to keep them operating linked or not. YES pay off the fees asap - you are lucky to even have limits on the other accounts.

Will paying off the balance lift the limits? I would wager NOT right away but over time, you may be able to bargain for revision. Right now - IF you're focus is to keep them alive and you can deal with the limits - pay it off to avoid FURTHER restrictions.
Old 12-08-2011
Threadstarter  

@rsot...Thanks so much for your input! And to everyone else as well!

Will have to make that decision within the next day or so! Only 1 account left without the harsh limits and I'm guessing that it won't take them long to find that one.

Even though I need the money...I am leaning toward paying it off and hoping all goes well with the accounts.
Old 12-09-2011
Threadstarter  

Okay, so I bit the bullet and decided to pay off my old account. Within 5 minutes old account reinstated. However still limits placed on all my other accounts (including my boyfriends).

Suggestions on getting the limits lifted for other accounts? Should a wait an appropriate amount of time before contacting them? If so how long? Or should I contact right away?

Old account so far has no limits on it...hopefully it stays that way. Then maybe I'll be able to list and make that money back. Need it!!
Old 12-09-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC1 View Post
Okay, so I bit the bullet and decided to pay off my old account. Within 5 minutes old account reinstated. However still limits placed on all my other accounts (including my boyfriends).

Suggestions on getting the limits lifted for other accounts? Should a wait an appropriate amount of time before contacting them? If so how long? Or should I contact right away?

Old account so far has no limits on it...hopefully it stays that way. Then maybe I'll be able to list and make that money back. Need it!!
This is rare! I would have placed a large wager that your account would not have been reinstated.

There is a way to get limits raised. It takes 1-3 months without contacting them.
Old 12-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Hmmm...seems it's not over yet. My old account is still reinstated...however my new account which was linked to it has been suspended! Not quite sure why. Message Reads:

Your account has been suspended for the following reason:

xxxReasonxxx

xxxReinstatement/ResolutionPathxxx

During the period of suspension, you can't use eBay or Half.com in any way, including registering a new account or using an additional existing account. If you owe any fees, they will be charged to the billing method you have on file.

We need you to take action. For more information about why your account may have been suspended and what steps to take now, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/s...-accounts.html

Thank you for your cooperation.

Could it be for policy violation maybe? How to fix this? Should I contact them? I'm worried that my other accounts including my boyfriends account is next. Don't need this right now.

Guess I might just have to go stealth if it continues to domino. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Did you sell on the new account while old account was suspended?
This could have triggered the suspension. People often forget that if you have 2 ebay accounts linked and one is suspended, you can NOT sell on either account.

Quote:
Hmmm...seems it's not over yet. My old account is still reinstated...however my new account which was linked to it has been suspended! Not quite sure why. Message Reads:

Your account has been suspended for the following reason:

xxxReasonxxx

xxxReinstatement/ResolutionPathxxx

During the period of suspension, you can't use eBay or Half.com in any way, including registering a new account or using an additional existing account. If you owe any fees, they will be charged to the billing method you have on file.

We need you to take action. For more information about why your account may have been suspended and what steps to take now, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/s...-accounts.html

Thank you for your cooperation.

Could it be for policy violation maybe? How to fix this? Should I contact them? I'm worried that my other accounts including my boyfriends account is next. Don't need this right now.

Guess I might just have to go stealth if it continues to domino. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2011
Threadstarter  

Yeah, listed 2 items on that account. Stupid me thought that perhaps ebay ran their business like a credit report. That after a certain amount of time my old account would perhaps be removed and out of their system.

Also thought that when I opened my new accounts that maybe they wouldn't let me open any accounts if my old account was still on file.

Wrong...wrong...wrong!

Now even though my old account is off suspension since I paid it, my new account has been hit with a suspension. Didn't tell me the reason or what to do to have it reinstated. Am I just up the creek with this? Or should I call them and try to straighten this out? Worried that if I do call my other accounts will be affected as well...but then again I'm worried about that anyway.
Old 12-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Eb/PP like to act friendly to get you to pay your fees. They usually keep the account suspended after the payment regardless of what is said. They don't care... They just have collections goals to hit.
Old 12-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

You might have sold too quicky on the new account - this is typical eb though - don't press for higher limits now - wait a while, do light sales, make new stealth - I am sorry that it was not so smooth.
Old 12-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Smile

Finally called Ebay and they reinstated my account! So relieved.

Had me on hold for the longest time though and boy was I sweatin' it. Thought they might perhaps end up suspending all my accounts. Thankfully the guy on the other end of the phone came back to tell me that he didn't see any reason why my account should be suspended and he was reinstating my account right away.

Think I'll still be wary when listing my stuff. Read too many Ebay horror stories.

Thanks so much to all who replied and gave me advice. So appreciated...much more than you know!
Old 12-13-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
So I have an old Suspended Ebay account which is causing problems with my new accounts...such as can't list and account will be suspended if old account not paid, Limits placed on other accounts.

I happened to be stupid enough to open these other accounts before finding this forum and learning all the things to keep my new account from being linked to old account. Hence all my info such as Paypal, name, address and phone information is the same as old account. Duh! I know!

My question is this, will paying off my suspended account lift all the restrictions on my other accounts? And would that be the end of the problems? I've read so many horror stories here that I'm afraid going the honest route will eventually come back to bite me in the butt!
ebay will not reinstate your account, so don't pay it off, at least not for that reason
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Finally called Ebay and they reinstated my account! So relieved.

Had me on hold for the longest time though and boy was I sweatin' it. Thought they might perhaps end up suspending all my accounts. Thankfully the guy on the other end of the phone came back to tell me that he didn't see any reason why my account should be suspended and he was reinstating my account right away.

Think I'll still be wary when listing my stuff. Read too many Ebay horror stories.

Thanks so much to all who replied and gave me advice. So appreciated...much more than you know!
Be careful, is it really unsuspended??? You should let the account rest for awhile before using it..