Using the same paypal account across ebay accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Using the same paypal account across ebay accounts

I know this sounds kind of against the grain of what's being talked about here, but let's say you sell a lot on your paypal account and have qualified for the lower fee -- I believe it's 1-2% less. Is there really no way to share that paypal account with multiple seller accounts legitimately?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

NO. If there are links, an account gets suspended, they go down eventually.
Old 03-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
NO. If there are links, an account gets suspended, they go down eventually.
Thanks GreenBean,

what if neither account gets suspended because I'm doing legitimate stuff on both? Or did you mean you get suspended simply because two accounts have the same paypal (which is ironic because it let me do that)
Old 03-05-2008

Longevity: 94%

I believe if you are using 2 ebays on one Paypal (older accounts)...but that Paypal has never been associated with a suspended ebay account...you would be ok..how old are these accounts?

But what GreenBean is saying is if one ends up going down they all go down..ive been suspended for selling legit items and 100% feedback...

But if neither account gets suspended you should be ok...unless ebay somehow decides to take you down for whatever reason..
Old 03-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks LizardKing,

-My main account started may 2007
-my girlfriend's account ( I use it for buying ) around 2000
-My paypal account was started also in 2007 of May.

So from what you're saying, it's perfectly legal to have X number of accounts linked at one paypal, even X number of selling accounts. You just can never get suspended on either of them.

May I ask why you were suspended for legitimate sales at 100% feedback?
Old 03-05-2008

Using one as a seller and one is a buying is probably why its working...Using them both to sell you will most likely be risking both accounts...cause they link you when a payment is received...at least in my experience..

I once tested this by setting up an ebay sellers account but I didn't sell anything for about 2 months...the email address I used to open the eb account I added to my old PP account...nothing happened till I listed something for sale...linked to an old eb I used on that PP..I never bought anything tho.. so do you use this paypal to receive money from your sellers account then send/buy money with the buyers account using the PP funds?

I wouldn't say its safe or within their policies to have more than one ebay account per Paypal..but with super old accounts 7-8 years and everything was already implemented I was thinking you could get away with it...

I was suspended cause of strikes on the account..over the years I had a couple of those idiot buyers and a couple VERo's for personal items I bought from like Target...I got it reinstated but suspended again about 6 weeks later..
Old 03-05-2008

Oh and its good that your accounts are pre Nov 07...thats around when they really started tightening thing up..
Old 03-05-2008
Threadstarter  

anything tho.. so do you use this paypal to receive money from your sellers account then send/buy money with the buyers account using the PP funds?
[unfortunately yes, and I JUST started selling on my girlfriend's account, you know the 1 cent auctions just to get some seller feedback and DSRs. I did about 30 1-day auctions, and I boosted the feedback from 25 to about 70 in a few days. Of course, consequently, that paypal now does paying/receiving on both ebay accounts sinec i did those one cent auctions on my gf's account]

I wouldn't say its safe or within their policies to have more than one ebay account per Paypal..but with super old accounts 7-8 years and everything was already implemented I was thinking you could get away with it...
[I think I may just stop selling on my gf's account, and make more accounts using the protocols defined here, any idea on the best way to sever the links between these two accounts or is it too late?]

I was suspended cause of strikes on the account..over the years I had a couple of those idiot buyers and a couple VERo's for personal items I bought from like Target...I got it reinstated but suspended again about 6 weeks later.. [Is it less likely to get suspended if you're a powerseller? I heard this many times, but I wonder if it's really true]
Old 03-05-2008

My advise would be to stop all together if you JUST did this and wait a couple days and see if they do anything..did you get any payments from these 30 1day listings?...If they don't do anything I wouldn't sell on both accounts...and just go back to what you were doing...then use the info on this site to get a 2nd seller account...by using the guide

I don't think its less likely to get suspended as a powerseller cause you have to keep up a certain rep...but I have read you do earn certain "points" with them...but really it doesn't matter...there are so many stories out there of Powersellers with thousands of feedbacks getting the axe its ridiculous
Old 03-06-2008
Threadstarter  

I started this last week, so far no problems.
I did receive about 8 payments from buyers, the rest of them didn't bohter to pay, we just did mutual feedback.

I will stop altogether, and I won't bohter selling on my gf's account anymore, it'll be strictly a buying account.

Thanks again LizardKing!