Setting up account in Nans Address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-12-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Setting up account in Nans Address?

Hi everyone!

My nan said i could set an e bay account up in her address but she doesn't know if it will mess with her pension or not? Can anyone shed any light on whether it would or not?

If it won't then i can use her address to get back on to e bay instead of making a stealth account.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Best tip: UNDERSTAND STEALTH AND DO NOT USE NAN/FAMILY/FRIEND INFO - go completely stealth - if her address is new...ok alter it a bit and use diff name. Don't mess with real identity stuff - cawmon!
Old 12-12-2011

Longevity: 72%

no it will have nothing to do with her pension. just be carefull though. if you get banned again your nans address will be banned from ebay for life (the same as yours is)

i think you still need to read the Stealth Book to getter a better understanding of what you need to do

good luck
Old 12-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I differ in opinion, people set up in their own address all the time, thats the norm, .

so nans address is ok, as long as you pay fees - even if you get banned, as you do not want a knock on the door and do not do not sell anything that has copyright issues.

You may be asked for documentation at any time and need to send her docs in with her permission, think it all through ahead of time.
Are you using her name too or just the address?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-13-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

i think address with slight alteration is okay

use diff name though,no need for you to use her real info

your in the stealth game now natbabes

and like oopms said,dont sell anything dodgy

last thing grandma needs is stress for something that has nothing to do with her
Old 12-13-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I differ in opinion, people set up in their own address all the time, thats the norm, so nans address is ok, as long as you pay fees - even if you get banned, as you do not want a knock on the door and do not do not sell anything that has copyright issues. You may be asked for documentation at any time and need to send her docs in with her permission, think it all through ahead of time.
Are you using her name too or just the address?

I would agree with the above statement, not sure why you would need to submit your nan's doc unless your using her name.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by join now View Post
no it will have nothing to do with her pension. just be carefull though. if you get banned again your nans address will be banned from ebay for life (the same as yours is)

i think you still need to read the Stealth Book to getter a better understanding of what you need to do

good luck

thats not true at all, well the part about the address been band for life.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-13-2011

Longevity: 72%

i was under the impression she was just going to use her nans address. not use her name or any other info other than her address. which would not affect her pension at all.
Old 12-13-2011

Longevity: 86%

its just like moving house, you will be asked to provide a bill for proof of address though so hope your artwork skills are good

ofcourse you could just create it in her name as long as you dont bump the fees and have debt collectors chasing after the old dear
Old 12-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

she did not say if she was using nans name or not, thought she ought to think ahead about how she wants to do this, looks like she started thread and vamooshed anyhow...

a real address is v helpful for returns etc, but the name is one I would think carefully about.
Old 12-14-2011
Threadstarter  

I've decided to buy an account off here instead

I'm new to stealth so don't wanna mess things up so once ive got the hang of things then maybe i'll make a few stealth accounts myself in the future!

The Stealth Book is a great guide, worth every penny. Learnt alot from this forum to, very helpful.
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What a brilliant norm to espouse to newcomers.

Look just use your old address, make a half baked attempt to change it a little. Then all's good. Start selling, get your first limitation and get your account reviewed manually.

Oh dear, a BIG oops.... same address as a suspended account FFS

It was NEVER a norm. It was a practice that started to be suggested for users not prepared to go properly stealth.

It was always recommended to have a different address from a suspended account to prevent any linking. It's not sound advice to reuse an address, no matter how well or not it's disguised.

Read across the board, ebay/paypal are closing the gaps on linking. It's a potential problem, not a norm to use a suspended address.
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I will reiterate my post that got lost in the menuscia...
Old 12-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

you misinterpreted my post, I said it was the norm to set up in your own address ie like we all did at the beginning, this nans address is new address, and there is nothing wrong with it for a straight and narrow acc. Did not say use her own banned address, nans address is not banned........anyhow, good luck natbabes
Old 12-15-2011

i don't see anything wrong with what you say either and i don't think rost is disagreeing with you, i think rsot is just saying that's how he/she would do things and i think he/she does have a point to a point.

i mean there is not real reason to use it but using it does have its advantages.

Personally i wouldn't use it as its a fine line and if anything does go wrong at a later date your nan's address will be the one getting any unpaid bills.

Old 12-15-2011
Threadstarter  

No i wasn't going to use nan's name - just address which she had no problems with When pay pal ask for docs, if i told them i live with my nan so the documents have her name on do you think they would accept that? As i don't have a clue how to change names on utility bills, driving license etc.

I always pay my e bay fee's on time, never had a problem with not paying bills etc. Wouldn't risk my nan having any trouble, totally unfair fair on her. She doesn't need it.

Better using a family/friends info if you can who's never used paypal/ebay IMHO if your buying alot of items on e bay which i normally do so you can guarantee your going to get it. It's on option one on Stealth Book any way that's why i asked about my nan's address to see what you lot thought as she doesn't even have the internet at her house nevermind having a banned e bay/pay pal account.

Last edited by natbabes; 12-15-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbabes View Post
No i wasn't going to use nan's name - just address which she had no problems with When pay pal ask for docs, if i told them i live with my nan so the documents have her name on do you think they would accept that? As i don't have a clue how to change names on utility bills, driving license etc.

I always pay my e bay fee's on time, never had a problem with not paying bills etc. Wouldn't risk my nan having any trouble, totally unfair fair on her. She doesn't need it.

Better using a family/friends info if you can who's never used paypal/ebay IMHO if your buying alot of items on e bay which i normally do so you can guarantee your going to get it. It's on option one on stealth book any way that's why i asked about my nan's address to see what you lot thought as she doesn't even have the internet at her house nevermind having a banned e bay/pay pal account.

No, that would not be good enough, there are people on here that might be willing to help you with your doc's situation.

Another thing is ,why could you not just get your id sent there, like drivers licence and bank statement, its just another option.

the last part of you post is defiantly wrong, it is 100% not a good idea to use your friends of family's details, it can cause all sorts of problems, i have seen a few friendships lost because of this kind of thing, regardless of what anyone says.

Last edited by Stigger; 12-15-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Good idea - I don't have a driving licence as i don't drive but i was going to ask for help on this forum to create one if need be.

Will the bank not wanna know why i wanna send it to a different address? Good thought though:D

Also, if i set the account up in my name BUT with my nan's address that isn't banned, when pay pal ask for photo i.d could i send in my passport even if i have used it on a banned account a few years ago? Would they remember its me or not?

The amount of people who send i'ds in to them i very much doubt they'll remember. Am i right?

Last edited by natbabes; 12-15-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbabes View Post
Good idea - I don't have a driving licence as i don't drive but i was going to ask for help on this forum to create one if need be.

Will the bank not wanna know why i wanna send it to a different address? Good thought though:D

you can have statements sent to more than one address if you like

i would Just change your address as if you have moved if you can, this would have been a good idea a week before you try and create a PP account as it would have helped with your plight.

Do you have Passport of birth cert ?

did you purchase an account then, or you making your own, it should be simple to make your own

Last edited by Stigger; 12-15-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2011
Threadstarter  

I've not created any account as of yet

Yeah i have a passport :D

& i haven't purchased one yet, i'm just deciding which is better to do out of setting one up in my nans address but my name or buying one off someone thats 30+ days old. Or maybe even both but obviously have seperate windows user accounts & change i.p. Hmmm.

You guys are so helpful, really appreciate it!

Last edited by natbabes; 12-15-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-15-2011

there you go then, get a statement sent to your nans and use your Passport.

With the address been different you you should be able to register in your own details, name & d.o.b depending how active you was before and if you left any unpaid fee's.

personally, i would do it myself and have a night out or something.

You don't need to purchase one, you can make your own in this case that would have better standing

Last edited by Stigger; 12-15-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Yeah i can register the account with my own real name & d.o.b but put the address as my nans. Thanks for this help, i don't know why i didn't think of it myself!

And if the bank won't let me send the statement to a different address i can ask for help on here for someone to create one for me:D

Just hope pay pal don't store passport numbers on their system everytime they check an i.d incase someone tries to get back on, doubt it with the amount of people sending in i'ds but never know with pay pal. What's your opinion on this?