eBay account has been restricted indefinitely - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 12-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default roof sheets

hello to "www.aspkin.com"-ers good to be a member
stevie
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-14-2011

Longevity: 85%

its ok eeebay , that username aloysius is coming up suspended
The Following User Says Thank You to wilburnet For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012

Longevity: 70%

Hi, being newbee I am having a problem locating the proper forum to post, so I thought I would try here

I was bounced off ebay after since 1999.!
I have someone that will sign up for an ebay and papal account.
I will be using a lister called inkfrog to list items and my ip will not show.

But if I want to buy items and log in will my ip address be a problem .. I can't change it because it's Comcast & it's dynamic!
Also do I need PP to take credit cards?

Thanks for your help ..
Old 02-05-2012

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyondar View Post
I was issued the same email 3 months and had my shop closed down over nite with 100% + feedbacks.. I tried everything... I mean everything.. 'restricted indefinitely' effectively means you are banned for life
Same thing and I was banned because one of my listing that had a lot of sales on it was reported "⊗⊗⊗⊗" even thought it was real and I guess eBay emails everyone that had bought it and a lot of people wanted there money back and I gave it back and then eBay said everyone that I had to many strikes and then banned me for life :( all 3 accounts I had, had prefect feedback hundreds of transactions and I was a member for years and they said sorry we can't do anything.
Old 03-05-2012

Longevity: 70%

Bellow global seller performance is bad, you need to forget that account and the other link accounts, that's what happened to me if you have 2 account link one get limited it means you can't sell in this account or related account but you can buy, in my case I could list in the other account but at the end they noticed and the limited that account.
I'm pretty sure you where selling a lot, to be hones I hate when sellers don't pay attention to their buyer. buy the stealth guide and do not sell more that you cant handle with buyers communication.
Old 04-09-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 69%

I just started selling on Ebay to get rid of inventory from my other business. I liked how it was going getting good feedback, them bam a case, then a negative which as I always new it was going to happen just a matter of when. It is rediculious to believe that every customer is a happy customer! Customers claiming merchandise is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and so on. So many appraisal experts... My business partner said it is competition doing this. So we keep selling and then another case customers e-mailing extorting us telling us they will leave a negative if we dont do as they ask.

We reported them and keep selling, one day all listings disappeared and I was suspended! I was shaken at first, but I am the type of person that moves on and try to figure the system out. I have opened businesses and closed businesses sucessful ones and failures, so I am not a newbie from that aspect. I then gathered my thoughts called e-bay first line of defense they had no clue, got to the third line of defense same answer, then the last line gave me some kind of answer. He said all new acounts go through this just respond to their e-mail let them know who your supplier and receipts if they ask and you should be back up and going.

Well replied to e-mail auto response came back a day later to call customer service spoke to customer service they had no clue kept telling me I was no restricted and I could list. Until I had to force the rep to dig, they told me I was restricked from the shoes and accesories category, but I could sell anything else. He them proceeded to file a dispute, a day later I received a e-mail why I was suspended indefinately, as my business partner said COMPETITION FROM OTHER SELLERS! I can deal with competition it is a good thing, but my problem was with e-bay not allowing me to defend the accusations. E-bay is sooooo flaud to the extreme. The best thing I see to do is get educated and fight back!

Please know e-bay is violating laws on a regular this thing is deeper than you know. Anytime you monopolize a market things are illegally done most of the time. Microsoft, Enron and so on. This is why facebook is going public. Ebay will dig it's own grave if it does not pay its way out of it first. So e-bay stealth here I come! Learn the system and fight it at the same time!

"A college education will provide a living, but a self education can provide you millions!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whatintheheck For This Useful Post:
Buffet (04-20-2016), Elijah (06-19-2012)
Old 04-09-2012

Longevity: 71%

i received the same message too. the funny thing is, my stealth account is still a buyer not a seller! very confusing.
Old 06-17-2012

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopal View Post
I noticed they suspend only small sellers, and never buyers since they disallowed negative feedback for buyers.
Oh, they don't suspend buyers? I just had a six-month old 100% fb BUYER-only account suspended for buying too many 'penny auction' items (for feedback, obviously, but was actually PAYING for the items won).
Just sayin...
Old 06-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJenny View Post
Oh, they don't suspend buyers? I just had a six-month old 100% fb BUYER-only account suspended for buying too many 'penny auction' items (for feedback, obviously, but was actually PAYING for the items won).
Just sayin...
kopal wrote that reply last year.

ebay dislikes penny auctions. Even paying for them can hurt a account.

ebay now suspends sellers & buyers accounts.
Old 06-19-2012

Longevity: 68%
Default Oops, sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
kopal wrote that reply last year.

ebay dislikes penny auctions. Even paying for them can hurt a account.

ebay now suspends sellers & buyers accounts.
Sorry 'bout that. I've noticed responding to old posts/threads here seems to be a bigger deal than many forums; understandable since eBay changes rules almost daily! I'll try to pay better attention to post & thread dates - brand new here.

And yes, I *now* know they will suspend a buyer account for penny auction "feedback manipulation" or "abusing eBay." That's actually what brought me here and I posted briefly in the "introduction" thread about it but got no responses. I'm wondering what to do, but it's 'complicated' because of my incredible stupidity. SO FAR my two long-standing accounts (including original 13-year account just recently changed to seller account) are still OK almost a week later, but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop now. If that happens, I'll post the entire detail here and solicit opinions for my options.

For now, just trying to be careful and not do anything at all to call attention to them, while totally abandoning the suspended account. Got three e-mails on it this morning, and thanks to another thread here on web beacons, knew better than to open/view them (from here) since changing IPs.

I'd wanted to try to get off the 10-item limit on the seller account, but had also sold about four digital photos recently (to friends I know) along with a few bigger (~$25) legit items, so now I'm just trying to lay low and not call their attention to the account at all. How long does it usually take them to find & do something about linked accounts?

Scared that pretty soon I'll have to use a "Trading Assistant' and/or go stealth to get back on eBay.

All the best & really appreciate this place!
Old 08-09-2012

Longevity: 67%
Send a message via Skype™ to demaxed

I love how ebay loves to suspend people. had a buyers account for almost 4 years before opening selling account under same info. i got suspended after 4 days (first told that my first post went up one day, removed and relisted (rewritten) two days later and had 7 buyers with sales of just under $300.

I was fortunate that each time i called got to speak to others beyond customer service reps. first i was told it was because of the timeline for the list/relist. i think what might have tagged them was my client, with my permission went in and rewritten the ad (had a foreign IP). then they tried to say that i had gone over the amount of listings (only got two seperate listings done), then tried to say the sale amount for the month (7 buyers for a total just under $300 last week of the month). after that they wanted proof (receipts of purchase on my end or delivery on buyers end of deliver). problem was i was only the listing agent for three clients of mine (just like placing a newspaper ad. that rep doesn't physically have the item you are selling -- do they?). hence indefinite suspension.

they couldn't understand that so i went and established myself as an actual seller for my state with licenses and resellers tax certificate and small purchase receipt to no avail. i believe that if there was an issue of a foreign IP going into an account that was clearly setup and active under an US IP, there should have been just a question and or warning before the suspension.

buyers account okay, can still buy with good feedback but indefinite suspension for selling. guess let it go for awhile and see if they will lift it (especially if all activity stays under same US IP). i still get emails related to selling thou. go figure.
Old 08-20-2012

I think it is better to use your energy and focus on starting again, than trying to figure out or hoping to get your old account back. Just my opinion.
Old 09-07-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

ok here is one for everyone. I have been on ebay for 10 years buying and seller with over 7900 transactions. 100% feedback, powerseller ect...suspended indefinitely.
They suspended me for too many returns as a BUYER! It is not my fault there is a 14 return policy you-ebay did that and people should not send out garbage that I want to return! Go after the seller not the buyer.

I have no idea where they are going with all there new stupid rules I have not seen anything on returns!!

I have stuck by them selling and being kicked in the butt by their fees and stupid rules and get this?!?!
Old 09-07-2012
Executive [VIP]

@reallymad

Used be ebay suspended buyers for SIX returns.

Terrible to pick 14 lots of garbage and be forced into returns.
Old 09-08-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Sad to say it is nice that they look out for sellers (because I was one) but heck it is not my fault I had a bad streak of luck as a buyer. Everyone knows there are a lot of great sellers on ebay and tons of crapy ones! It is not like I get banned from Walmart or Khols for having too many returns. I thought ebays new motto was "we got you covered"

oh yeah forgot to mention they said I had a 22% return to sellers in the year.

Last edited by SaiJin; 09-08-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-08-2012
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

14 returns is a LOT... I don't know what you were looking for, but perhaps you need to look at products realistically and learn to shop smarter.

You can't just say go after sellers or go after buyers... there has to be a balance!

I dealt with this EXTREMELY pain in the rear person who kept emailing me everyday the day she paid and opened a PP dispute on day 5... and looking at her feedback, many sellers complaint about her attitude.

That's just an example.

So how about you think about your own thought process first and re-assess the situation?
Old 09-08-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallymad View Post
Sad to say it is nice that they look out for sellers (because I was one) but heck it is not my fault I had a bad streak of luck as a buyer. Everyone knows there are a lot of great sellers on ebay and tons of crapy ones! It is not like I get banned from Walmart or Khols for having too many returns. I thought ebays new motto was "we got you covered"

oh yeah forgot to mention they said I had a 22% return to sellers in the year.
Cuts both ways.

Did not alarm bells go off after awhile? No voice says 'woah, I'm in doo-doo again?'
I've often said on this forum that unless the item is a gold bar or your favorite
rock star/model car/football team, it is NOT worth the trouble of buying.
Your case enforces my point.
ebay only protects ebay, no-one else. SIMPLES.
Old 09-09-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

No bells went off. After 10 years of buying and selling I thought this was just a case of bad luck within the year.

It just goes to show that ebay lies when they say "when have you covered" The customer service rep even said why to you keep buying if you are having problems? Hey they were not from all the same sellers.

There are tons of sellers on ebay, why should the good ones not get a chance because of the ones that sell bad stuff. Honestly though it was not all garbage.

For instance I bought a boat cover, guaranteed to fit or your money back. Ok it did not fit so I sent it back. Why is that a bad purchase in ebays mind? They are the ones that set the new return policy.
Old 09-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Your post is a classic example of ebay's twisted methods.

Now either continue being a victim or get even & get back and beat them.

Small favor, dont buy anything on your new stealth account. You might jinx yourself.

Old 09-11-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
14 returns is a LOT... I don't know what you were looking for, but perhaps you need to look at products realistically and learn to shop smarter.

You can't just say go after sellers or go after buyers... there has to be a balance!

I dealt with this EXTREMELY pain in the rear person who kept emailing me everyday the day she paid and opened a PP dispute on day 5... and looking at her feedback, many sellers complaint about her attitude.

That's just an example.

So how about you think about your own thought process first and re-assess the situation?
I never said I had 14 returns...I said they have a 14 day return policy. I think maybe in a year I have 6 returns as a buyer. If you offer a return policy then it can come back. I always let people return stuff to me if it does not fit. My self when I buy I look for things that I know what they are but when they come with a hole or a huge stain on them what would you do?????
Old 09-12-2012

Now, I know eBay is also taking care buyers.
I believe they count on what percentage of returns that a single buyer made in a period.
They would act if they found a pattern.
Old 09-12-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Again, what is the big deal about returns?? If the seller accepts them for any reason why should it count against a buyer? This is just stupid. I could see if someone was pulling scams but I am buying 2nd hand clothes, not like it is an item new in the box I have switched out or something. They have to be monitoring it when you agree to the mutual agreement not to compete the transaction. I am glad they are finally looking out for sellers but sorry that I had to learn the hard way:(