Perhaps the dumbest novice question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-05-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Perhaps the dumbest novice question

I've been glossing through the threads, and I'm getting really confused as to why ppl's accounts are being suspended.

About my own situation

I myself have a few accounts, for the purposes of buying/selling/ and another for the negging power. In fact, my buying / selling uses the same paypal account (but that paypal account has two emails, one for each account) and they haven't done anything to remove me and it's been a year. The negging account is entirely on its own, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ number, new paypal, but no CC or checking associated with paypal yet, i was going to use virtual account numbers when i was ready to buy and neg.

Ok so here's my main question. I do legitimate stuff on the buying/selling account and I am not really worried about suspension there. Or should I worry just because I access both on the same comp?

Now, for the negging account. Everyone here talks about having multiple seller accounts and the various IPs for such. But for a negging account, I was assuming it's less of a big deal since this is a non-selling account. If this account were banned for some reason, would they go take down my other two legitimate accounts?

Thanks for any responses, and I have tough skin so flame away so I learn something.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2008

Longevity: 94%

If you have a lot of stuff moving through your other two accounts it's probably not worth the risk of losing them all just to get some revenge with the negatives. Realize that as soon as your negging account gets suspended all the negatives you've left will be removed, so what's the point then?

Your buying and selling are 100% linked for using the same Paypal, so if one goes the other is done. Third one it's harder to tell, but it could very well be also linked for using the same IPs.
Old 03-05-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

So what I will do is follow the IP protocols and create a legitimately (ironically) independent negging account, since I have been getting screwed by competitors and it is timed to fight back.

By the way, why would a negative account, standalone let's say, be suspended? A buyer can't have all negative experiences?
Old 03-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If you are playing games with a competitor and getting even and worry about
a buyer's accounts only having negatives, don't you think that the competitor
knows it's you so it's a bit of tit for tat?
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchHarmonic View Post
By the way, why would a negative account, standalone let's say, be suspended? A buyer can't have all negative experiences?
If you leave a lot of negatives with that account it'll likely receive negatives in return. Maybe even non-payment disputes. Which is good enough reason for eBay to shut it down.

And to answer your second question, Nope. Statistically a buyer with all-negative experience is most likely a fraudster, and there's no "innocent until proven guilty" clause in eBay terms.
Old 03-06-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciuperci View Post
If you leave a lot of negatives with that account it'll likely receive negatives in return. Maybe even non-payment disputes. Which is good enough reason for eBay to shut it down.

And to answer your second question, Nope. Statistically a buyer with all-negative experience is most likely a fraudster, and there's no "innocent until proven guilty" clause in eBay terms.
Well I think in May, buyers will all have 100% positive feedback since a seller can no longer leave negative feedback (pure genuius).

And I intend to purchase that person's item, pay for it, and then leave a negative. Because that's precisely what they did to me, they were too stupid to change their address so I figured it out.
Old 03-07-2008

Longevity: 95%

lol good idea