Are paypal chargebacks as unfair as they say? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-12-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Are paypal chargebacks as unfair as they say?

Reading this you'd get the impression it's virtually impossible to sell because anytime within the next 6 months you may be issued a chargeback. According to reports like these, even the tracking number you get from the post office isn't useful.

In cases like these paypal just takes money off you, but if you've already spent it somewhere online, do they issue chargebacks too on companies you bought things from?

Or is it just enough to follow the seller protection rules?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-12-2012

Longevity: 70%

When shipping internationally, I use either ems or registered mail since they require signature or I specify signature IS required and can be tracked online. ---> covered by seller protection rules. So far I had no problems if I use only these 2 methods.

Locally (US), from previous chargebacks done by not-so-honest buyers, I had tracking numbers or signature confirmation (above $250), PP did cover me even though they held the funds for abt a month.

*Seller protection does not cover sellers if the buyer decides to file chargeback based on 'item not as described
Old 01-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 73%

then why don't scam buyers just file 'item not as described'? does paypal at least require them to ship it back to us for proof?

Have you sent something to the UK? I've asked at the postal office but they said they have no signature service system there, that all I can get is a note saying it was delivered.

also had you bought anything with paypal and did they reverse charge it embarassing you in front of the company you bought it off?
Old 01-12-2012

Longevity: 70%

I sent to UK quite a few times using EMS which requires signature early last year. I don't really remember if signature showed up on USPS website but i remember that it did state 'delivered' via online tracking. I was covered under seller's protection when buyer tried to file item not received.

From what I know from other friends who had 'item not as described' recently, the buyers were required to send items back to them and provide proof of delivery.

As for reversing charges after I bought certain stuffs, it happened once. I still didn't think it was my fault. I was travelling and I did notify Paypal before I paid that I wasn't in the US but I would like to pay for the item using Paypal and shipped to my confirmed address in the US. I had the 'go ahead, it has been noted on your account'. But within 2 hours of paying, Paypal reversed it. I wasn't aware of it till 2 days later. The seller had sent insulting emails one after another calling me scammer/lamer/son of a b*t*h. I actually bought from the seller 3x before within 3 months. I explained to the seller but he still cussed me out in the emails and told me to F off.
I called PP and mentioned that I did call PP and gave the heads up that I was travelling. The rep told me nothing they can do, it's the system since IP is different/international, auto flag the payment.
So far if I were to use PP to buy anything, as long as I'm in the country where I registered, I never had them reverse charge.