Two accts, same IP, diff address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-17-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Two accts, same IP, diff address?

(holy typos...I'm on my ipad, please excuse the 4th grade spelling errors)

My stealth account was set up with a different address, but I am looking into creating a new PayPal account with legit info from a family member to sustain long-term (including submittimgntheir SSN etc). My personal SSN has alreday been limited long ago, so no go there.

Reason why I want to hold off on creating a legit account is because I want to see if a new business venture works out first...no sense in wasting good info if it turns out to be a dud. This person has never created a PP account before. My stealth is ok for now, but if the business does work out, I feel like PayPal would come a knocking for my ssn.

1) Will this have issues with PP if the IPs are the same, but the addresses are different?

2) if my stealth gets limited, am I completely toast with any attemps to create a new legit account? Or will I be ok in letting things sit for a while before attempting to create it (e.g. Resetting router to get new IP etc)?

3) if I drop the stealth account while it's still in good standing, will that affect my new legit account in any way? Seems a stupid question, but just covering all my bases.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

You have an ipad. Means you have no actual need to double up on IP addresses.

Consider that option.

Dot forgot the danger word is LINK. No need to link 'legit' with stealth.

Think further outside the box
Old 01-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
You have an ipad. Means you have no actual need to double up on IP addresses.

Consider that option.

Dot forgot the danger word is LINK. No need to link 'legit' with stealth.

Think further outside the box
Thanks, GreenBean. I am most concerned about linking the accounts, so my thought was that if I quit the stealth while it's in good standing, I might avoid linking anything.

I'm racking my brain, but I can't think of anything else outside the box. Any hints?
Old 01-18-2012
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

With you, I would not worry about ebay, paypal, or link this and link that. I would be more worried about taxes on the SSN you are using. I sure hope the person with the SSN your using knows about the taxes they are responsible for when it comes to tax season or/and tax preparing. The IRS could and will see all the transactions going on if they wanted too.

If I where you I would not use someone's SSN and just go stealth until you have the money ready to start this business of yours. It does not require that much money to start a legit business, in NV it's about $400-500 if you do the paperwork yourself. Some states could be a little more and a little less.

lol, people don't understand.
Old 01-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
If I where you I would not use someone's SSN and just go stealth until you have the money ready to start this business of yours. It does not require that much money to start a legit business, in NV it's about $400-500 if you do the paperwork yourself. Some states could be a little more and a little less.

lol, people don't understand.
The taxes and SSN part I do understand; earnings would be reported legally according to the IRS etc.

What I gathered was that even with an EIN, PayPal would start asking for the SSN sooner or later. Since my previous SSN is already limited, wouldn't that be a problem sooner or later even with a legitimate registered EIN?
Old 01-23-2012
Banned

Longevity: 71%
Send a message via Yahoo to vany Send a message via Skype™ to vany

Well, if this is the case, link your friend's ssn with the legitimate EIN, But then it would be his business under his info and you will be managing it for him. Is this what you want???