How do I verify Canadian address with credit/debit card - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-11-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default How do I verify Canadian address with credit/debit card

Ok a little background first, I am from USA right on the Canadian border. My US ebay account has been cancelled the other day. I need to open up a new ebay account and decided to open up a Canadian Ebay account. So i go across the border and open up both a brand new Canadian Ebay and Paypal account at a coffee shop with a Canadian IP. The problem I'm having is that when I opened up the Paypal account I was able to add a US checking account, but they still want the Credit/Debit card added. Well they are saying that the card should match my address, which I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Canadian address. I know they can link a US card to a US address, but didn't think they could do it with a Canadian address. How do I get a card to match my Canadian address? Can I just go to a Money Mart location in Canada and get a Titanium mastercard and have it linked to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? Is paypal bluffing me when they say I need to link my card to my address, I mean do they really link the 2 in Canada?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hallo and welcome. Go to members' list, find topazcorp and look at his posts &
threads. He is the Man for Canada.
Old 03-11-2008

Longevity: 95%

Ha... I'd put my money on Ivegotinfo.... (theyre prob both knowledgable..just kiddin)
Old 03-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

My excuse is that I really love the movie Gladiator. ROFLOL.
Old 03-11-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat_seller View Post
Ok a little background first, I am from USA right on the Canadian border. My US ebay account has been cancelled the other day. I need to open up a new ebay account and decided to open up a Canadian Ebay account. So i go across the border and open up both a brand new Canadian Ebay and Paypal account at a coffee shop with a Canadian IP. The problem I'm having is that when I opened up the Paypal account I was able to add a US checking account, but they still want the Credit/Debit card added. Well they are saying that the card should match my address, which I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Canadian address. I know they can link a US card to a US address, but didn't think they could do it with a Canadian address. How do I get a card to match my Canadian address? Can I just go to a Money Mart location in Canada and get a Titanium mastercard and have it linked to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? Is paypal bluffing me when they say I need to link my card to my address, I mean do they really link the 2 in Canada?
The money mart card won't work, they ask you for a governement id when you sign-up. You need to go to a shell gas station or a mac's convinience store and buy a gift card (the citizen bank visa card and the vanilla mastercard are the best if you ask me, they both work fine with any addresse in canada).
https://www.citizensbank.ca/Personal.../VISAGiftCard/
https://www.vanillamastercard.com/ho...l?locale=en_CA

Old 03-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thumbs up Wow

WOOF
Old 03-11-2008

Send a message via Yahoo to earlt

And, for what it's worth...

I have been using Entropay both for paying my ebay fees as well as adding to a paypal acct.

The beauty is that you can make as many virtual cards as you want, I've made one for each of my ebay acct's ( 9 of them). This way you can just reload them online, you don't even have to go out and go to your macs to buy a gift card.
Old 03-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

What about just buying a gift card in the US and using that?
Old 03-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat_seller View Post
Do you need a passport to cross over to Canada and then come back??
Old 03-11-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%

Well i'll just try a gift card in Canada when I go back down there in the next couple days and let you know if it worked out. I still wanna use my computer with a Canadian IP. Still don't need passport yet but I bring it with me anyways.
Old 03-16-2008

What does it take to unlimit a Canadian Paypal account? Do you, guys in Canada, have to fax your ID, utility bills, bank statement, supplier info, proof of inventory etc once your account starts getting a lot of money in? Do they ask anything special from you that they don't ask from the US users?
Old 11-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Hey guys entropay wont let me sign up because I live in the u.s.a how do I go about this? I need a gift card for a canadian account.
Old 11-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Any info is appreciated
Old 11-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Ruff, put your thinking hat on: there is an answer.
Old 11-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Yeah my hat takes a couple of days tho, I got the canadian ip, but the real info is what puzzles me, cause it has to be real t.t" riighhhtt??
Old 11-15-2008

Longevity: 91%

Hi,
Entropay can be purchased online
vanilla master card can be purchased from any shell gas station or macs
so far i have used only these cards, there are also some people online they sell vcc for ebay and paypal for 12$ and they deliver it to your email i used 'em too they work fine!
Old 11-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

well if anyone does that, I wouldnt mind paying em for that =o buttt thats after I try my experiment tho
Old 10-13-2009

Longevity: 84%
Wink About the Money Mart Card...

Yes you can use the titanium card from money mart, i am using one now, thru ebay .. and I live in Niagara Falls Canada.
You can also use the Vanilla Cards.. master cards.. put money on them when needed, works great too..
But i just add money on my titanium card, every week to shop on Ebay
Works great... Good luck !!
River