Why cant i add cc to my new paypal??! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-16-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Exclamation Why cant i add cc to my new paypal??!

**Please Note, ive already stealth guide, and it doesnt reference anything to the particular issue im having***

Hi, im a canadian resident, and ive opened a new paypal account and im trying to add a credit card to my account but whichever card i try, it doesnt work.

Let me get more specific:

Ive verified my paypal account with a real bank account, and remember my paypal account is only weeks old.

Secondly, the credit cards im using are real legit ones of mine

But the issue is, the info that it asks me, verif #, credit card # expiry # and etc are all real and legit, but when it asks for my name, i used the name that i opened my paypal account in (which isnt my real name), and so in the field, enter in ur first and last name, i enter in the first and last name of the paypal account the name is under, but not my credit card.

Now im pretty sure they cant cross reference to see if the name is right (incl last name) right? Because if im wrong in this sense, then would any of you even be able to create new paypal accounts.

Now its also noteworthy to mention that ive even tried my new credit cards, i.e. credit cards from different banks that ive never had before, and ive tried them but even tho they wont work.

So i appreciate if anyone could help me to resolve this dilemma.

Kind regards
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

You're correct - the name is irrelevant. What is important is 1) what kind of cc are you using? 2) is the cc REGISTERED to your pp address?

You can register Gift Cards to different addresses...
Old 01-16-2012

Longevity: 75%

You are doing this wrong dude.
1st-Your CC MUST Match the Address you are using with PP,If error is returned is Because the Address is different,The PP Address And The Billing Address of your CC.
This step is what make you "Address Verified"

2nd-I start thinking(not 100%sure)The PP & EB Robot read the name on the CC.

Do what rsot say,you can use a Gift Card to register the stealth account,Good luck dude.
Old 01-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks for the responses.

So to my judgement, i would need to match the billing address of my credit card to the address that i told paypal im living in (and also the address i verified my bank account with), so all these addresses must match? Also note, im already verified, i just want to add a cc to make purchases.

If thats the case, then the only way to resolve the problem in my opinion would be to call my cc bank and ask them to change the address on the cc's to the address that ive told paypal im residing at.
Old 01-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Yes address must match - OR you get a gift card and match it up.
Old 01-17-2012
Threadstarter  

Alright guys, these are the following steps i took:

1) i went to the bank, and asked the cc issuer to change the billing address, to that of the new address, but i went home and tried it immediately, and the card STILL DOESNT WORK! :(

So in opinion, either 1) paypal checks and now verifies ur name as well, or 2) i need to wait like 24 hours or so i guess for the new billing address to be updated to the system (specifically i think im tryin to reference visa's security system).

Il keep you guys updated because if this is situation that paypal now checks ur first and lsat name, then it becomes really troubling! because to open a new cc u need to real legit id.

With respect to gift cards, they're feeasible for merely verifying ur paypal account which ive already done, but it becomes quite tedious to begin making purchases.
Old 01-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

1. Who is the cc issuer?

2. Yes wait 48-72 hours to try with the card. It is possible - not 100% sure on this - that pp simply will always reject this card. Hopefully not in your case.
Old 01-17-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideology View Post
**Please Note, ive already stealth guide, and it doesnt reference anything to the particular issue im having***

Hi, im a canadian resident, and ive opened a new paypal account and im trying to add a credit card to my account but whichever card i try, it doesnt work.

Let me get more specific:

Ive verified my paypal account with a real bank account, and remember my paypal account is only weeks old.

Secondly, the credit cards im using are real legit ones of mine

But the issue is, the info that it asks me, verif #, credit card # expiry # and etc are all real and legit, but when it asks for my name, i used the name that i opened my paypal account in (which isnt my real name), and so in the field, enter in ur first and last name, i enter in the first and last name of the paypal account the name is under, but not my credit card.

Now im pretty sure they cant cross reference to see if the name is right (incl last name) right? Because if im wrong in this sense, then would any of you even be able to create new paypal accounts.

Now its also noteworthy to mention that ive even tried my new credit cards, i.e. credit cards from different banks that ive never had before, and ive tried them but even tho they wont work.

So i appreciate if anyone could help me to resolve this dilemma.

Kind regards
Im currently having the same problem. A while back I got a avs vcc card and it worked perfectly for exceding the $500 withdraw limit. I have now made a new stealth account with ebay and paypal. I want to know if the avs vcc card would would fix this problem aswell another words the add a credit card useing a avs vcc to send instant bank payments and fix the problem?
Old 01-20-2012
Banned

This was something i was un aware of as well as the guide doesn't really clearly explain the pre paid card part as one part it says use what ever name and address you like then later it says you must use the corresponding address for the card.

So basically of your faking the address then your pre paid card needs to be the same as the Paypal address then that means you need to be able to get access to the address you provide in order to collect your prepaid card and the guide does not explain this part very well.

The same with a bank account how can you link your bank account up to paypal if your real bank account info such as address does not match the paypal account?

This is the part where the guide has me puzzled as I dont want to be running around opening a new account with a crappy pre paid limited card.

I want to do direct deposits into my bank account and this part isnt explained very well.

I sent a PM over 12 hours ago now and received zero so far plus each thread ive tried to start has been waiting for approval and still aren't showing???
Old 01-21-2012
Threadstarter  

GOOD NEWS & UPDATE!!

IT DID WORK... I dont know if i had to wait 48 hours - 72 hours for the system to update to my new billing address before paypal accepted it because when i changed the address, my cc company put a security hold on my account which i didnt find out after 3 days.

So to put it short, and concisely, they dont chk ur name, just ensure ur billing address is the same as paypal account.

But my question is, what happens if i were to change the billing address with my cc company, if i try to use the cc in the future already accepted in paypal will it continue to work?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctufc View Post
This was something i was un aware of as well as the guide doesn't really clearly explain the pre paid card part as one part it says use what ever name and address you like then later it says you must use the corresponding address for the card.

So basically of your faking the address then your pre paid card needs to be the same as the Paypal address then that means you need to be able to get access to the address you provide in order to collect your prepaid card and the guide does not explain this part very well.

The same with a bank account how can you link your bank account up to paypal if your real bank account info such as address does not match the paypal account?

This is the part where the guide has me puzzled as I dont want to be running around opening a new account with a crappy pre paid limited card.

I want to do direct deposits into my bank account and this part isnt explained very well.

I sent a PM over 12 hours ago now and received zero so far plus each thread ive tried to start has been waiting for approval and still aren't showing???
Let me facilitate a potential solution, or at least what i part took in to resolve a similar issue.

Go to a bank to register for a new bank account, then after obtaining the account details, register it on paypal, they dont check ur name or address, all they can check is just one thing, whether the bank account itself is live, and valid. If so, they'l send u a deposit, which u can easily verify ur pp account with.

Its the exact same thing with cc, with the exception that the billing address needs to match the address u registered ur paypal account with.
Old 01-21-2012
Banned

Yea thanks the answers I have got from other parts of the forum all say the same.

The thing I was missing was the fact that most people here are selling on eBay so you need to have your address confirmed as well for shipping and returns purposes where as I am selling from my own site so the eBay account isnt an issue for me so the pairing of the address can wait as my last business account was just verified and had no receiving or withdrawal limits on it after it was verified via bank setup.

Thanks!