ebay live chat automated? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-09-2012
User Name

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default ebay live chat automated?

Does anyone know if this system is automated? read this....

Quote:
Anthony Miller
Welcome to eBay Live Help, my name is Anthony. How can I help you today?

ebayuser
Hi, i purchased item ***********, and the seller has refunded me £29.99 and then changed the listing price to £39.99 is the seller allowed to do this as we entered into a contract when i purchased the item?

Anthony Miller
Thanks for the information ******, Please give atleast 3 to 5 minutes to review your account.

Anthony Miller
Did the seller tell you why they refund you?

ebayuser
on the paypal refund the seller said the item is unavailable but as you can see from the current £39.99 listing he is still selling the same item/ flavour as being available the only difference the higher price

Anthony Miller
Please give me a atleast 5 minutes to check on this matter.
Anthony Miller
Sellers are allowed to cancel bids, although most will list buyer restrictions in advance

Anthony Miller
Also, a seller might cancel a bid for other reasons. For example, they may no longer have the product.

Anthony Miller
You can contact the seller if you want to know why your bid was cancelled, but the seller isn't required to tell you why.

Anthony Miller
I don't mean to rush you, I just want to make sure if we are still connected.

Anthony Miller
okey.

ebayuser
it wasnt a bid it was a buy it now, i have purchased the item, the seller has told me the item is not available and it clearly still is available as they are selling the item at a higher price, so the seller is being dishonest and breaking our contract. As you have all the evidence and proof that i have purchased the item he has broke our contract and the item is still available can you tell me what you are going to do

Anthony Miller
We will take appropriate action as we investigate and gathered enaough evidence to this issue.

ebayuser
When will this be and how will i be informed of the outcome?
Anthony Miller
Privacy is a priority at eBay at all times so we're not able to share the details of the actions we take.

ebayuser
You share actions you take when i make a complaint via the resolution centre so why cant you keep me informed now? are you an automated bot? your responses are very slow and you seem to be very vaugue on your knowlege of the situation

Anthony Miller
I'm afraid we don't share such information

Between each response i had to wait around 7 mins
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Most large chat systems have operators that run several chats at one time. eBay prob has them doing dozens at once. And they use shortcut keys you respond with pre recorded responses. Thats why the delay and why some of the replies seem robotic

As for complaining to eBay because seller is pulling a fast one on a sale, it probably wont be very productive. If you dont mind taking the time, thats fine. But its probably a time consuming venture

Tell the seller to honor his deal or you will leave negative. Point to other item telling them you know about it. But make sure that he is in fact trying to back out and not a misunderstanding.

Sellers have always tried to back out of sales because they were too low. Thats not fair play IMO
Old 02-09-2012
User Name

Longevity: 0%

I contacted the seller and he was having none of it, the annoying thing is that the item is still on the same listing as what I purchased it from at the new price, it wouldn't be as bad if he refunded me straight away but e has waited 4 days and now I have run out of protein and have to pay the over inflated prices at the gym.
Old 02-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

We all hate bad buyers or buyers that feel entitled and use the system to work us over. But there are also bad sellers. If a seller is going back on a deal because it went too low, don't allow it

Tell him point blank: Complete sale or you will leave negative. It works both ways! We want buyers to act reasonable, then its only reasonable that we act reasonable as sellers

There are sellers out there that feel just as entitled as the bad buyers we all hate. They are no better IMO