New Account - so far so good! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Send a message via MSN to mfletche Send a message via Yahoo to mfletche
Thumbs up New Account - so far so good!

Thanks first of all to all the people involved in setting up such a useful forum. Thank - you.

I'm in the UK and have attempted several times to open a new account after being closed down almost a year ago.

Following all the information in this forum I've now opened a new one, its been up and running for about a week now, so far so good. I've bid on a couple of items but not yet been able to complete a seller account. Reason being, because I live in Spain for 6 months of the year to escape our British winters, when I try and open a seller account it says because I'm not in my home country I MUST have a VERIFIED PayPal account before I can sell.

No problem, I hope, Ive set up a new Yahoo email and opened a PayPal account and gone through the verification process. Takes a few days because they make a couple of small payments into my new (and never used for eBay previously) bank account then I have to confirm the amounts of payments made. Don't know if thats the same in the USA??

I use Firefox and have selected the option to auto delete all cookies on closure of browser and of course before I started I changed my ISP number and deleted ALL stored cookies etc.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for all the help, and with any luck by this time next week I'll be selling again. Fingers crossed - as we Brits say.

Thanks again.
Martin

P.S. Just a thought - don't eBay ever read this forum?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome. Fingers crossed for the account to work yes. Do not rush into listing
many items in the early days. I would let the account 'age' & be established.
Be careful of what items you sell as well.
Old 03-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 95%

You can bet ebay reads this! Also use ccleaner, I like it. Good Luck
Old 03-15-2008

Longevity: 94%

Whether eBay reads this or not is rather irrelevant.

Its a big company. We are less than dust mites to them. The question is - is it enough of a bother for them to change their policies because of us.

Think like that.
Old 03-16-2008

Longevity: 94%

Martin, glad to hear all is going well! Yes, it's a pain that you need to add a verified paypal to the account now, I think it's crap that it says "to participate in global trade", all they mean is that if you want to use ebay, you have to have a verified paypal account. Which means every suspended ebay account is another bank account...which is a total pain.

Go careful with your account as said above. Also, be sure send ALL items via recorded delivery, so when your paypal account gets limited, which it WILL (seems like it's a mandatory process now, just so they can verify you are who you say you are, and you're sending out the items you say you're selling), you can provide tracking info.

Best of luck