Buyer reported me, What should I do. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-26-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Buyer reported me, What should I do.

I have a really nasty buyer who is doing everything in her power to bring me down. She opened a claim, got her money back, kept the product, has claimed I am related to another account and is accusing me of trying to up my own feedback ratings. She has left me negative feedback to boot. I am afraid its only a matter of time before she gets me banned. She is even calling ebay!!

Meanwhile I have about $3000 locked in 21 day hold paypal transactions.

I dont know what to do.

Should I sever the Ebay Paypal agreement? What would happen then, would my money still get held for the 180 days if she succeeds in getting me suspended?

Or should I stay cool and just see what happens?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-26-2012

did you had any other violations on this acc? how many cases on selling performance page showing up?
is your rating bellow standard or what? I usually try to get case in my favor, call to eb! I mean usually it's the best way and explain how good you are and how buyer is wrong usually it's works if you are not selling anything to bad. And always had buyer make to ship item back on there own expense, only nice sellers pay for return shipping, I don't due to huge shipping costs internationally.

Try to find something wrong with her instead, call eb on her! The best defense is attack! I got several cases closed just by explaining something to eb representative.

Eb always use messages as proof, so read twice what she told you to use it against here.

If she said something like: "if I will not get my money you will get negative feedback" - that's valid for feedback extortion and eb will remove negative feedback

Same with cases
Old 02-26-2012
Threadstarter  

The case is already closed, when I refunded the buyer it said this will not count against you. But when she emailed me to tell me she reported me to eB, she said they are investigating me and they think I am trying to get my own feedback up.

I have a really great customer service record. All my feedbacks are great. The problem is I only have 27 feedbacks. 1 neg from this B, then another neg from a different seller for a different product.

Its so frustrating when you work SO hard to make sure you are so careful with your Stealth Acc, and some idiots just want ruin it for you.

This most recent buyer has 5 neg feedbacks and I think she is just bitter. Waiting on ANY chance to post neg feedback to someone else.

I could call EB but I dont want to bring any more attention to myself than is already there.

Really torn on what to do right now. Its obv a made up name, address etc, so if they start asking me to verify then I dont want to open that can of worms.

Just really wondering what to do with my paypal money. I would ditch the account and start anew if I could just get my money out safely.
Old 02-26-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwondering... View Post
The case is already closed, when I refunded the buyer it said this will not count against you. But when she emailed me to tell me she reported me to eB, she said they are investigating me and they think I am trying to get my own feedback up. I have a really great customer service record. All my feedbacks are great. The problem is I only have 27 feedbacks. 1 neg from this B, then another neg from a different seller for a different product.

Its so frustrating when you work SO hard to make sure you are so careful with your Stealth Acc, and some idiots just want ruin it for you.

This most recent buyer has 5 neg feedbacks and I think she is just bitter. Waiting on ANY chance to post neg feedback to someone else.

I could call EB but I dont want to bring any more attention to myself than is already there.

Really torn on what to do right now. Its obv a made up name, address etc, so if they start asking me to verify then I dont want to open that can of worms.

Just really wondering what to do with my paypal money. I would ditch the account and start anew if I could just get my money out safely.
Having 2 unhappy customers out of 27 feedback suggests there is a problem. Granted there are alot of unreasonable moronic people out there, but I suggest you have your own review of your own practices to figure out why you have such a high percentage of unhappy customers.
Old 02-26-2012
Threadstarter  

I have sold over 100 items. And only 2 negatives. I would obviously like to have none. I have bent over backwards trying to keep everyone happy and they still burn me.

Any tips on how I should proceed?

(I sell a variety of categories)
Old 02-26-2012

might be a good idea to let this account cool off and start some new ones. wait the 21 day holds out and get the money out. then maybe try to slowly list again.

its not a for sure thing that if ebay goes down so will paypal or vice versa, however i wouldnt chance it.
Old 02-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks. Thats what I was wondering. If my ebay does get the ax, will my paypal get locked down as well?

I still have 2 auctions waiting to end soon....
Old 02-26-2012

Quote:
its not a for sure thing that if ebay goes down so will paypal or vice versa, however i wouldnt chance it.
you must not have read that part
Old 02-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

If your eBay account goes down, odds are that your PayPal account will too. That is not a certainty, but it happens a lot.

I would just wait to see what happens. After the holds are up, I would start withdrawing money a few hundred dollars at a time.

If the buyer complains, eBay may not listen to her, especially if she has a history of filing complaints. Her complaint seemed - by your post - relatively minor. Now, if she claimed you were selling counterfeits or something, that would be a different story.

Also, the others are right. Try to get that negative feedback down in the future. 2% is considered high in eBayLand. I was told by a CSR they prefer to see less than one-half of one percent negatives.

There is a website out there called ToolHaus - you can view anyone's negative feedback and also see what negatives they left for others. It is free. I usually check my buyers before I mail anything. If I run across a crank, I try to cancel the sale, making up some excuse about the item being damaged or missing. Usually, it works. Luckily, they are few and far between. But as you now know, it only takes one of those idiots to go on a crusade and you have problems.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
degsey69 (02-27-2012), GreenBean (02-27-2012), SUVE (02-27-2012)
Old 02-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwondering... View Post
I have sold over 100 items. And only 2 negatives. I would obviously like to have none. I have bent over backwards trying to keep everyone happy and they still burn me.

Any tips on how I should proceed?

(I sell a variety of categories)
only 27 feedback received out of 100 sales is very low and would suggest that maybe more of your customers are unhappy with your product/service. Most happy buyers leave fb pretty quickly but some will take a while longer.

What are you doing to ensure your payment holds are as short as possible, remember positive fb get your funds released,

Happy buyer = +fb = Cash available
Old 02-26-2012

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
only 27 feedback received out of 100 sales is very low and would suggest that maybe more of your customers are unhappy with your product/service. Most happy buyers leave fb pretty quickly but some will take a while longer.

What are you doing to ensure your payment holds are as short as possible, remember positive fb get your funds released,

Happy buyer = +fb = Cash available
ive actually found the opposite i find most buyers to be lazy who just simply forget to leave feedback they have no idea how important feedback is to sellers, and also positive feedback doesnt release funds anymore its 2-3 days after delivery now like clockwork
Old 02-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

I actually Agree with hackteck, I do believe most people don't give a rat's behind about the Seller's feedback and how important it is. Obviously some people do care enough to leave feedback but it's just not that important for buyers to leave us the sellers feedback.

I can't remember who said that it's better not to get any feedback than bad feedback?

They should have it where if they buyer doesn't leave feedback in a certain amount of time the buyer should get automatic 5 stars.
Old 02-27-2012

that is ebay, you can't make everyone happy!!

but the fact is you only get 27 fb out of 100 sales, that is ,from the point of my view,a pretty poor performance.

time to think deep about your product and your service, cool off this accout untill you figure out what is going wrong with this acc.
Old 02-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I don't follow on one issue - is your pp limited? or just 21 day holds?
Old 02-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysman78 View Post
I actually Agree with hackteck, I do believe most people don't give a rat's behind about the Seller's feedback and how important it is. Obviously some people do care enough to leave feedback but it's just not that important for buyers to leave us the sellers feedback.

I can't remember who said that it's better not to get any feedback than bad feedback?

They should have it where if they buyer doesn't leave feedback in a certain amount of time the buyer should get automatic 5 stars.
Can't speak for US buyers but UK generally are pretty quick with giving fb, well the ones I'm selling to seem to be.

I generally get about 75% of buyers leaving fb as soon as they receive their goods and then another 15% or so within 2/3 weeks and of course there are those that don't leave any.

I believe if you sell good quality product, your communication is top notch and they get their stuff within 2/3 days then the vast majority will quite happily leave fb promptly.

If only 27% on my buyers were leaving fb and of that nearly 10% were negative I would seriously look at my product and business model.

Seriously, that it no way to run a long term business on e/b, stealth or otherwise.
Old 02-27-2012

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Can't speak for US buyers but UK generally are pretty quick with giving fb, well the ones I'm selling to seem to be.

I generally get about 75% of buyers leaving fb as soon as they receive their goods and then another 15% or so within 2/3 weeks and of course there are those that don't leave any.

I believe if you sell good quality product, your communication is top notch and they get their stuff within 2/3 days then the vast majority will quite happily leave fb promptly.

If only 27% on my buyers were leaving fb and of that nearly 10% were negative I would seriously look at my product and business model.

Seriously, that it no way to run a long term business on e/b, stealth or otherwise.
I agree with you.

However 75% is a high FB rate, I get 42% and that is considered good, I think his 27% rate is average. However to have 2 negatives in 100 sales his customer service is a problem, I get a few customer service issues but I actualy call the client if the phone numbers available and I certainly get back to clients within 24 hours of recieving a message.

All the clients want is fast delivery and a quick resolve to issues.
Old 02-28-2012

Longevity: 96%

This has me wondering....
Are the two accounts in fact associated? Are they claiming that you are the same person as another one or your accounts?

If not, what would lead them to believe that?...and unless they are a seller who has been shut down and then gotten a stealth account shut down by being associated how would they even know that this sort of thing is an issue to ebay?
Unless they are a competitor trying to shut you down, why would they worry about two accounts being associated?