questions about hiring help for myself - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-25-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default questions about hiring help for myself

Hey everybody, I have questions to you about hiring some stuff for your selfs. As for me I work with my gf, so it's 2 of us, but still no time for most stuff. I tried hire someone to help with listings, but the guy was to dumb, and I had to re-do 200 listings, wasting of money, not saved time.

I also know few successful people who have offices and have 8-12 people they do bunch of sales. I seen eb stores like this in Orlando FL, Miami FL, Shenzhen China.

My question is, how to find good people? what the best tasks for them? I mean I'm a little confused as far as I don't want to teach everything, but I want to have maximum usage of people in same time not to show how to do pretty much nothing.

I think the most time takes listings, messages also takes time. And with cases I deal personally
How many stuff you guys have and how does it working out for you?
Thanks for any advice
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Give better details of what your business does.

Why trust someone to do listings

What volume are you doing etc etc
veentic (02-26-2012)
Old 02-25-2012
Threadstarter  

I mean I do enough volume for me and my gf to handle. But how can you grow bigger? I mean don't you ever get to the point when you are to busy and feel like want to have few people to do even more that you do for you?
Old 02-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Nope because I dont trust them

Only 'family' touch my work
Gman91189 (03-08-2012), gugughandi (02-26-2012)
Old 02-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

That's exactly how I am now. But trust me, I've seen people who do more than can do family. I mean for example: Office in Shenzhen with 10 people, 1 room just for packing and checking weight etc. couple rooms with computers etc. They sell on eb, dh gate, aliexpress, amazon and alibaba. I mean the owner I think pretty bad ass guy. I would really want to get to same place, I can afford help already, but the question is what let to do, what not let to do?
Is no one really using any help from outside? I mean depends what you sell, but I have just messages enough for a couple hours of reading 7 days a week + calls also but not much. Plenty of work to do. I saw guys in Orlando was renting a single house as warehouse-office kind of think. House was full of refurbished laptops and many electronics too. But it was 4 people total including the boss. Hope any body share there experience.
Old 02-25-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I am running 14 accounts and selling lots of items with little to no help.

I get the DH when he is not working and my kids to help me pack items but unless you are selling thousands of items a month no reason to get help when there are two of you.

14 hour days are normal for me.

Or like the 16 hour days Bluntz puts in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
veentic (02-26-2012)
Old 02-25-2012

Longevity: 82%

It's a little hard finding people to help with this business, once they learn if they're smart enough they'll just go do it by themselves. And as said I don't trust people, especially with customer service and listing items. If I was to hire someone though it would be for item inventory, packing and shipping. You can find easy help that way just put up an ad on craigslist or whatever the Thailand equivalent to craigslist is. I pay some friends or young people around my age looking for some quick cash on really busy weeks. $50 a day with a meal for around 5-6 hours work, packing, shipping, and post office delivery only.

-Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
Pringles (02-27-2012), veentic (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks for replies. Yes it's true hard to find right people and everything, but if you do not teach them how to create accounts and maintain 500 listed items(I mean personal account is only 10 for start etc.) Like I said I saw personally with my own eyes several eby offline warehouse and offices. I agree that it's possible to create an account and list 10 items and than what? who gonna steal your idea? except experience and money and full time you got to have balls too man = )) but now days lots of people living of sales online. And if you pay somebody every month just for taking pictures and getting description and putting it together online it's all they have and like everybody else they spend all the money, it's not really easy as it looks and you all know that, that just listing listings is not all it takes = ) I don't want to say nothing bad about women, but I think it's better to hire a woman, less likely that she might figure out how to make accounts, and maintain them. I mean I think man more likely to try think about starting to do the same on your own, and have more balls for that )

I guess nobody of those big guys from eb on this forum or they don't want to talk about.

By the way in Shenzhen this guy, he told me that before he had office like this in Toronto, but labor to expensive, in China it's a lot cheaper. I mean whole city sell on aliexpress and some on other ones.

As I see around 3000-4000 yuans is good for this kind of person it's about US$476-634 I think is very good and people with this money pays for rent apartment because in Shenzhen everybody from all over China, everybody rent so how you gonna manage to start living of eb by your self if you don't have online income already? = )

Last edited by veentic; 02-26-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2012

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

I'm with you hon!!
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-02-2012)
Old 02-26-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
I'm with you hon!!
I will second that one for sure.

Everyone else wants a piece of the pie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-02-2012)
Old 02-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I would only hire someone to help with packaging...

Are you sure your business is entirely streamlined? I mean with ready listing... Using auto relistings, postage, things like that..

It seems like just when I am at my max, I find ways to make the process simpler...
Old 02-27-2012

Longevity: 70%

those ebay powersellers in shenzhen have their own management software system, 10-20 people use the same system on different acc on different platforms. everything is automatic. product research in different country, listing , feedback, inventory control, printing address label etc , virtually all in one system.
The Following User Says Thank You to auctionman For This Useful Post:
veentic (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012

Longevity: 78%

Trust no one.
Old 02-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

I write software to do my eBay work ...and I trust it 100% :P
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
veentic (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
nice solution! could you please tell what tasks your software gives to employee?
or pm please
Old 02-27-2012

I took a look at pushauction.com once
It allows for operating each ebay acc under different 'users' with different permissions
The Following User Says Thank You to Pringles For This Useful Post:
veentic (02-28-2012)
Old 02-28-2012
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I would only hire someone to help with packaging...

Are you sure your business is entirely streamlined? I mean with ready listing... Using auto relistings, postage, things like that..

It seems like just when I am at my max, I find ways to make the process simpler...
I tired to get someone to help me with some packing once and of course they put the wrong label on several packages and created a disaster for me.

I found when it is not theirs they do not pay attention or care if they do it the way I want it done which is correct every single time.
Old 02-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
I tired to get someone to help me with some packing once and of course they put the wrong label on several packages and created a disaster for me.

I found when it is not theirs they do not pay attention or care if they do it the way I want it done which is correct every single time.
I was actually asking about hiring for work at the computer. More as far as listings or/and messages, nothing else. As far packaging and shipping, I have already couriers and I have a lady who works in Post Office, she do it for $1/parcel (other wise she would have to do it for free, because it's her job) but I pay her just so I don't have to go there. Than I just call and ask all the tracking numbers. I can get receipts at any time, personally or shipped to me anywhere I go.

But thanks for your reply anyway
Old 02-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
I took a look at pushauction.com once
It allows for operating each ebay acc under different 'users' with different permissions
do you use it? or did you tried? is it really helps? thanks a lot for advice
Old 02-28-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
did you hired a freelancer to do it?
what part of your job did you automated? I mean is it with listings? I had custom software for CL, it's been working fine, I could make over 100 postings/day, switch pva's and vpns until now with all the ghosting thing. Anyway when you have a good software I agree with you it can save lots of time

I think software is really good solution I guess I just hire freelancer for that
Old 02-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by veentic View Post
do you use it? or did you tried? is it really helps? thanks a lot for advice
I tried it but I didn't experiment with different 'users'

The software is by a chinese company. Main advantage of the website is definitely being able to respond to ebay messages from the site. The site itself could be faster. I couldn't be bothered to create new profiles as I was using auctiva and inkfrog already so I just gave up on it. Give the 30 day free trial a go I guess
The Following User Says Thank You to Pringles For This Useful Post:
veentic (02-28-2012)
Old 03-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by veentic View Post
did you hired a freelancer to do it?
what part of your job did you automated? I mean is it with listings? I had custom software for CL, it's been working fine, I could make over 100 postings/day, switch pva's and vpns until now with all the ghosting thing. Anyway when you have a good software I agree with you it can save lots of time

I think software is really good solution I guess I just hire freelancer for that
I wrote it myself. The listings I do myself, just for the order tracking I have a database and then scan the barcodes of each shipment as it's packed and it automatically emails the customers all the shipping details. It also allows me to track the packages as they're delivered and contact customers if for example they haven't claimed it yet.