Buyer return new 14 day minimum - May 2012 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-29-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Buyer return new 14 day minimum - May 2012

Another new improvement to help the buyers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-29-2012

Longevity: 78%

This has no effect on professional buyers. Won't get into detail with this b/c the less everyone knows the better.
Old 02-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Same policy I have always anyway...14 or 30 sometimes 60

The real thing to worry about is the new streamline return process through ebay. A link where customer can print return label and charges your account. I believe they may charge the credit card on file for newer seller. That could be majorly problematic if you have a VCC on account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newjerseymax For This Useful Post:
bansheezone (02-29-2012), unkown5454 (02-29-2012)
Old 02-29-2012

^^^ you can't be serious. Is this in effect already?????????
Old 02-29-2012

Longevity: 75%

No - starts in May
Old 02-29-2012

Longevity: 76%
Send a message via Yahoo to WasTopRatedThenBanned

Wow,

Talk about over charging the seller for shipping!!!!!
Old 02-29-2012
Executive [VIP]

This is the email some of my accounts got...

Spring Seller Update

Dear XXXXXXX

Your commitment to great service is paying off! With eBay growing at double-digit rates, you now have access to more than 100 million active buyers. Updates coming this spring will help keep those growing ranks of online shoppers coming your way, help get your listings in front of the right buyers, protect your track record, and boost your efficiency.

Free pictures coming in July!

Your upfront cost of selling on eBay is going down again! Now, starting July 2, on top of listing up to 50 items Auction-style FREE each month, you'll get FREE pictures for all your listings, both Auction-style and Fixed Price. You can upload up to 12 pictures per listing and all 12 pictures will be free—including free zoom and enlarge! Listings with lots of great quality photos sell more, so start loading up now.

Congratulations! As an eBay Top-rated seller, you're about to get even more attention for your great listings.

Ecommerce standards for service have evolved in the three years since the eBay Top-rated seller program was first introduced, and savvy merchants like you have adapted to compete. Now the Top-rated seller program will also evolve to keep pace.

Starting in June, Top-rated sellers will need to have tracking information uploaded to eBay within their stated handling time on 90% or more of their transactions with US buyers. As of June 1, the 20% final value fee discount and greatest on average boost in Best Match will go to those listings from Top-rated sellers that include 1-day handling and a minimum 14-day return policy with a money-back refund option. Your listings without these two services will still have the Top-rated seller badge and some boost in Best Match but will not earn the discounts or the highest average boost in Best Match.

The good news for you: Since you already offer these services, just keep up the good work and you'll continue to reap the full rewards of being a Top-rated seller—only now, with more attention than ever for your great listings!

As an extra reward, from March 1 to May 31, you'll get a bonus 5% discount off your final value fees—along with your current 20% discount—for all your listings with 1-day handling and 14-day or longer returns with a money-back option.

Congratulations and thank you from all of us at eBay for your continued great service.

Safeguards for your hard-earned performance record

New seller protections help ensure your performance record is an accurate reflection of your great service:

Get an automatic 5-star Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) for Communication when you specify same-day or 1-day handling, upload tracking information by the end of the next business day, and no communication is needed between you and the buyer.

Feedback left for a transaction where the buyer had an unpaid item recorded will be automatically removed.

Earlier this year, eBay started displaying an automatic message on the View Item page to buyers outside the US regarding customs-related delays and customs duties. Because of this, any Feedback from international buyers that only references customs issues will qualify for Feedback removal.

Updates to boost your efficiency and profitability

Manage your business policies from one handy location. Opt in to a new way to create and manage custom payment, shipping, and return policies and apply them to listings quickly and easily.

Streamline returns: An optional new way to manage returns virtually automates the process according to the terms you specify. Your buyer simply clicks a link in My eBay to print a pre-paid shipping label. When you get the item back, simply click a button to issue the refund. Your final value fees are automatically refunded.

New same-day handling time option. Let buyers know you ship the same day for orders received by your specified cut-off time.

USPSŪ First-Class Package service reclassified from Expedited to Standard. Take advantage of the savings this service offers, while setting the right delivery expectations for your buyers.

A message on the View Item page alerts buyers to the possibility of extended delivery time for items with longer than 3-day handling.

New requirements for pictures. High-quality pictures can make all the difference in enticing a buyer to choose your item over the rest. Starting this fall, all listings will be required to have at least one picture, and all photos must be at least 500 pixels on the longest side and cannot have added borders or text (watermarks okay).

Best Match using more information to get your listings in front of the right buyers. eBay's default sort order will begin looking at more information—including information in your item description—to evaluate items for ranking. Item Specifics, product codes like UPCs and ISBNs, brand, part numbers, and other descriptors will be increasingly important.

Category and other updates

Electronics: Listing with the eBay catalog will be expanded to more categories, including DVD & Blu-ray Players, Home Theater Receivers, Home Speakers & Subwoofers, Home Theater Systems, and Home Theater Projectors.

Category and Item Specific updates: As always, changes to categories and item specifics are included with the rest of seller updates. Find out if your listings are affected.

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
Coins
Computers & Networking
Consumer Electronics
eBay Motors
Home & Garden
Toys
Jewelry & Watches (Category adjustments in Watches only)

More information

Get details on the 2012 Spring Seller Update.
Use the Seller Checklist to stay on top of important dates.
Find out how you can update your listings quickly and efficiently with bulk editing tools.
For additional insight, you're also invited to talk with members of my staff during the next two days on a special discussion board we've set up for this purpose. Join me and other leaders from eBay in a Town Hall meeting on February 29, 3:30 to 5:00 p.m. PST.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Sincerely,
Michael Jones
Vice President
Merchant Development
Old 02-29-2012

Longevity: 89%

So how does eBay thank them for helping them grow as business by screwing us, ah same ol same ol. Thanks eBay this is why I use a merchants account, you want to bitch about an item or try to play games eBay eats it not me.
Old 03-01-2012

The streamline returns is such bullllll****tttttttttttt. As of yet i had no problem with eb*y. Now i do. I wonder what caused them to do this. Maybe all the stealthies????
Old 03-01-2012

Longevity: 72%

what the hell. does this affect uk sellers too. I sell alot of vintage designer items - all pristine condition and i get ALOT of buyers who buy the outfits, maybe wear them for one evening to go out in and then send them back. it infuriates me no end because i can see right through them. It doesnt bother me as much if they return and they are returning and its out of their own pocket but now if they want to return, all returns will be out of the sellers pocket?? they are making it impossible to make a living on there these days especially with heavy items.
Old 03-01-2012

Longevity: 79%

Once again a this a small action to a much bigger action to come.

Driving away small business - and keeping only the big ones only a matter of time, i honestly think their out to catch the smaller fish, us fish have to get smarter and play by their rules to survive.

well done eBay.
Old 03-01-2012

is this only available though if you offer a return policy? I don't currently offer one because im constantly messed around on there but the other day i had someone open a "i want to return the item and get a refund" after 21 days of having the item. i clicked no and refused to let them. next thing i know they are opening a SNAD and saying the item was "torn to bits" even though the picture showed no tears at all. just wondering if it will be based on SNAD or this new thing they bought in recently where the buyer can just request to return it for no reason even if it was described correctly!!

i think this is gonna be a huge problem with electrical issues too. buying phones/laptops/tablets - buyers will take advantage thats for sure.
Old 03-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post

Streamline returns: An optional new way to manage returns virtually automates the process according to the terms you specify. Your buyer simply clicks a link in My eBay to print a pre-paid shipping label. When you get the item back, simply click a button to issue the refund. Your final value fees are automatically refunded.
Seems to me that it's optional, so you may have to opt-in/out.
Old 03-03-2012

I don't think this is mandatory, but does it even make a difference? If the buyer wants a refund from PayPal/eBay, they end up getting one sooner or later anyways...
Old 03-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

I will opt in... Cause chances are if you dont you will end up at the bottom of the list like all other rules and regs...
Old 03-03-2012

to stay top rated and get the 20% discount, you have to send packages with tracking within 24hrs of the sale 90% of the time, and offer the 14 day return

seems like that will hurt the top rated guyz that sell hundreds of 2 dollar items a month. Now it'll cost almost that to ship them the item.

I have made alot selling small dollar items, let alone it helped my fb score

I'm at the point where i'm just gonna give up my trs badge(just what the tur.............._s wanted anyway) because i figure i make way more with a 44 cent stamp selling many small items along with my higher dollar items. Let them keep there 20% and pass the cost on to the customer with a tiny increase in shipping. Almost all of my items are free shipping anyway even tho it cost .44 cents to 10 bucks shipping. i don't think it will hurt one bit to ask for 50 cent shipping on the shipping.

Boy-O-Boy.........i just can't wait till some new rules role out.........and they will..........again and again
Old 03-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

For me it is very important to have the top rated seller badge so that I could list as featured on ebay catalog products...

One account I had $2000 in fees this month so that 20% ($400) was not small change.
Old 03-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
For me it is very important to have the top rated seller badge so that I could list as featured on ebay catalog products...

One account I had $2000 in fees this month so that 20% ($400) was not small change.
I agree, my discounts also add up to real money. At some point, however, it may no longer be worth it.
Old 03-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

On Auctiobbytes.com they have a transcript of the "town hall" meeting regarding these changes.

Sellers of smaller items, like postcards and stamps were very concerned about the new policy, as were sellers of live items such as mealworms and flowers.

They were raising very valid points as to why this new policy would not work in their category and were asking questions. The eBay reps would not answer any questions, they just kept parroting the eBay party line about how great this was going to be. I discovered that it is possible to be rude and arrogant without DIRECTLY being rude and arrogant.

I just wish we could take away everything that John Donahoe has and leave him with 1 pc with internet access and $1,000. He would have to earn his living on eBay if he wanted to feed his family. He would also have to abide by ALL OF HIS OWN RULES!

He could change the rules if he wanted to, but they would have to change for EVERYBODY.

If we could somehow make that a reality, eBay would be a sellers paradise in no time!
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Cashew (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012

Quote:

i figure the sales i make vs the 20% discount and having to pay the extra shipping........envelope with 44 cent stamp vs the bigger envelope with tracking 1.64.

And i would have to make sure i send 90% with tracking within 24 hrs....you can bet that if you miss that little detail, kiss your 20% goodbye

I just dont think thats gonna work for me......i've had TR for a long time with this one account but it looks like i'm just gonna have to let them keep the 20%

i think this 90% bullsh.. and the 1 day shipping will hurt alot of sellers in different ways.

They must think we're a factory with a moving conveyor belt that starts at one end and out the door in 24hrs. For me, that just can't happen 90% of the time.

i got 4.96 for my shipping time now and they say that just ain't good enough.

New listing requirements
Old 03-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
An optional new way to manage returns
Optional, whats all the hysteria?

They simply need to add a return request feature like Amazon. Suckers pay their own shipping.

Last edited by mercurial333; 03-05-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-05-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Same policy I have always anyway...14 or 30 sometimes 60

The real thing to worry about is the new streamline return process through ebay. A link where customer can print return label and charges your account. I believe they may charge the credit card on file for newer seller. That could be majorly problematic if you have a VCC on account.
Is this happening in the UK or US?