3 Part Question: Address Change, Add Bank Account, & Expired Credit Card - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-28-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default 3 Part Question: Address Change, Add Bank Account, & Expired Credit Card

I have a 3 part question regarding changes I need to make on my Paypal account

1. My Paypal account has always been set up as a business account, but under an individual name(sole prop), I recently changed it on Paypal from a sole prop to an LLC. I need to change the bank account from a personal account to the bank account owned by the LLC. It is my understanding that to add the new bank account Paypal will want to verify the new LLC bank account. MY question is if I choose to verify via microdeposit, Paypal now does a microwithdrawal which returns the name on the bank account - will the name returned be the LLC name, the signers name on the account, or both?

2. I also need to change the shipping address on the Paypal account to the address for the LLC. Is this still verified in any way? I thought it used to be verified via credit card AVS, but thought I had read that this has changed, any info on this? If it is verified via credit card AVS, can I use the debit card in the name of the LLC or will is verify the signers name on the debit card? (it has both LLC name and signers name on the card)

3. The credit card I had on file has expired (it was a simon card) and I had an email from Paypal telling me that I need to update my credit card as the one on file was expiring - can I use the debit card associated with the bank account that I just added, and if so, is either name passed back to Paypal or is just the address verified

Thanks in advance for your help!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-29-2012
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

help anyone?
Old 02-29-2012

Longevity: 73%

#1 find a bank that will let you do the auto confirm, not the deposits

#2 you can add a shipping address whenever. just be prepared to send in documents verifying you are at that address if they ask. another way to do this, might be to just add an address to paypal, and keep the old address on there.

#3 yes you can use the new debit card. all paypal see's is the zip i think or at most address and zip but no name.

may i ask why you just dont open a new paypal under the new business info? would solve all of these problems without having them in the first place
Old 03-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

1. I like sean's answer. Get a bank that has the autoconfirm option. However, the debit that paypal does is not super common yet.. (in my experiences)

2. Changing a shipping address is as simple as adding a new AVS VCC. This give you a "Confirmed Address"

3. It can be risky using your own or business's debit card and the addresses would also need to match. I would just recommend using an AVS VCC here as well.