What are the chances of getting limitations or problems? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-04-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default What are the chances of getting limitations or problems?

Hi guys,

Would really appreciate your thoughts on something.

I've acted as a middle man/broker between two companies. One of them is in Bulgaria, the other in the UK. The English company is now going to be sending some money to me via Paypal. They think they are going to be sending it directly to the Bulgarian company, but in reality I need them to send it to a Paypal account owned by me so that I can take my cut first.

Say I set up a new Paypal account and put ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name (i.e. a Bulgarian name, or a name associated with the company) - what are the chances Paypal will limit my account or somehow not allow me to withdraw and send on the money?

Am I right in thinking that the sender of the money will be able to see the address I give at the time of registration? If so, what can I do to make it look like a Bulgarian address?

Worst case scenario for me is I set up a new account and the English company work out that the money they sent was in fact to me. Or, alternatively, worse still, if they send the money, Paypal imposes a limitation and I cant access the money at all.

What do you think is my best course of action? Am I just being overly paranoid or am I right in worrying that Paypal will **** everything up?

Appreciate any help

Thanks

Fernando
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2012

Longevity: 73%

this sounds like an email i got once.

you cant just set up a new account and start funneling large sums of money thru it without paypal getting nervous.

how much we talking about anyway?
Old 03-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Lol. Yea, can see how it looks a bit like the basis of an email.

They're going to be sending $450, of which I'm going to take about $100 and send the rest on to the Bulgarian company. Is that considered a sufficiently large to raise paypal suspicion?
Old 03-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
what are the chances Paypal will limit my account or somehow not allow me to withdraw and send on the money?
PP/EB do this all the time.

Quote:
Or, alternatively, worse still, if they send the money, Paypal imposes a limitation and I cant access the money at all.
Possibility.

Quote:
Am I just being overly paranoid or am I right in worrying that Paypal will **** everything up?
No, you are right to be concerned.
Old 03-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

This sound like a very obvious scam, and you're the middleman that helps them completing it and also being the shield for them against lawsuit blames and possible chargebacks.

Think about it, if they are a legit company, why can't they send it themselves but need you in the middle?
Old 03-04-2012

this is one of those "if it sounds to good to be true it is" moments
Old 03-04-2012
Threadstarter  

Nah, its not a scam.

I've just seen an opportunity to make a quick buck, and given my finances at the moment I cant really pass up the opportunity.

Long story short, when negotiating the price on behalf of the English company I added on $100. The English company are happy to pay that price, but they are of the belief that all the money is going to the Bulgarian company.

I now need to find a way of getting the full amount sent to me so I can take my $100 and then send the remainder to the Bulgarians
Old 03-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

This sounds a bit like drop shipping... Buyer pays you and you pay seller... You take your "commission"...

I have done this many times, however I used my regular paypal to receive the funds and pay the seller. The buyer didn't care cause they were covered by paypal and I was ok cause I was covered by paypal. Only thing is that if the seller doesn't come through then be ready to refund original buyer.

Hope that helps a bit
Old 03-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando999 View Post
Nah, its not a scam.

I've just seen an opportunity to make a quick buck, and given my finances at the moment I cant really pass up the opportunity.

Long story short, when negotiating the price on behalf of the English company I added on $100. The English company are happy to pay that price, but they are of the belief that all the money is going to the Bulgarian company.

I now need to find a way of getting the full amount sent to me so I can take my $100 and then send the remainder to the Bulgarians
Not quite the best way to conduct business, perhaps if you had been up front with the UK company they may well have been happy to pay you a commission if you were saving them some money.

It may even have resulted in some more coming your way, now if they find out .......well.

Middle men are part and parcel of everyday business and there is nothing underhand about getting somebody a good deal as long as they are aware of it.
Old 03-04-2012

Longevity: 75%

No, receiving money in and sending it straight on to Bulgaria? - Happens every day, I'm sure Paypal encourage it, no problem at all IMO

NOT

Find another way my friend or get a big box of tissues to dry your tears

For a start how are you going to receive this money? As a gift?

How are you proposing to send it? As a gift?

All the threads on here telling you what Paypal do and you believe that yours is a no risk flyer?

Good luck with it