CCNow Guide - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 12-15-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default CCNow Guide

Okay, I've been receiving MANY messages in regards to how to use CCNow. In this thread, I am going to explain what I have been doing with great success.

1) Register with CCNow: To do this you are going to need a Registered Business # and Business Bank Account. You will be giving CCNow your REAL information. In the U.S. you can have your funds Direct Deposited into your bank account. I am in Canada but have a U.S. Dollar bank account, but for some reason they can't Direct Deposit into it, so I am mailed cheques every couple of weeks.

2) Fees & Payments: I forget now, but when you first set-up your CCNow account, you will not receive your 1st cheque or direct deposit for 6 weeks(?) from your FIRST SALE. After that initiation period, you can select to receive your payments every 2 weeks, 4 weeks, when you reach a certain amount, etc, etc. The fees are a % of interest per sale (4.99% + $0.50 per transaction - on gross sales). There is also a $10.00 monthly fee, however this fee is waived if you earn more than $100.00 that month.

3) This is the important one. Using CCNow with e b ay:
Before using CCNow, I decided to talk to e B ay Live Chat, 2 or 3 different times, to ask them if CCNow is and accepted form of receiving payments. Each chat representative told me that it is NOT RECOMMENDED, however, it is allowed. I have saved these chats to cover my bases.

I DID NOT register a Merchant account on e B ay to use CCNow. What I do is this --- I use Auctiva to list on e B ay. Under the Checkout setting in Auctiva, I click the boxes that say, "I accept P ay P al Payments" & "I accept Merchant Visa, MasterCard, Amex, etc." Here's the key... Under the "I accept P ay P al Payments" checkbox, there is another box where you are asked to input your P ay P al e-mail address, where you would like the P ay P al payments to go to. In this box, put in one of your REAL e-mail addresses, but DO NOT put in an e-mail address registered to P ay P al. The reason I say this is for 2 reasons:

1st Reason - Buyers tend to not read the listing in its entirety. In my e B ay listings, I state that I accept P ay P al and Credit Card payments THROUGH CCNOW. I also state that they are to wait for an invoice from CCNow to be sent to their e-mail address and to NOT pay directly to our P ay P al address, as the payment will go unclaimed. Now, A LOT of times the buyer will just checkout using P ay P al, and will not wait for the invoice to be sent to them (because they didn't read the listing properly). When they do this, their payment will not be deposited into your P ay P al account because you inputted an e-mail address that is NOT associated with P ay P al. When they do this, you will receive an e-mail from P ay P al that will state something like this: "You have unclaimed funds. Please register with P ay P al in order to receive your funds." Because you put in a different (but real) e-mail address, the funds that the buyer sent to you did not get deposited into a P ay P al account, which in turn means there will be NO HOLD on your funds and no other issues with P ay P al. Now, when the buyer does that and you receive the e-mail from P ay P al (asking to register to receive funds), you will need to contact the buyer and tell them that their initial payment will go unclaimed because as the listing CLEARLY stated, you don't use P ay P al, you use a Merchant Account but they can still pay via P ay P al. Tell them to wait for the invoice from CCNow to be sent to them.

2nd Reason - If you don't input a P ay P al account e-mail address, and only check off "I accept Merchant Visa, MasterCard, etc, etc" you will need to apply for an e B ay Merchant account. Basically what I am saying is to follow these steps to be able to accept payments with a Merchant Account (CCNow) without having to apply to e B ay to accept payments with a Merchant Account.

If you do not want to use P ay P al to accept payments at all, then these steps are crucial because 2 out of 5 buyers will not follow your instructions and will send their payment directly to your P ay P al account.

4: How to send the CCNow invoice:
Upon selling your item, e B ay will send you an e-mail that tells you who the buyer is, their e-mail address, e B ay auction #, and total price. To send the invoice to the buyer, you simply log-in to your CCNow account, click on "Auction Invoice" and input the information that it asks for (Auction #, buyers e-mail address, total price, etc). The click 'Send.' That's it. The buyer will receive the invoice, click on the link to make payment, and then can choose to Pay via P ay P al or Credit Card.

I'm probably forgetting some other information, but hope this will help others out! The main point is to use an e-mail address for P ay P al payments, that IS NOT registered to P ay Pal, but is a real e-mail address that you can check on. Wow, my explanation seems like it is very confusing

Hope this helps!

Last edited by schaffer84; 12-15-2011 at 03:04 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to schaffer84 For This Useful Post:
karmaz (11-06-2013), kronengriffharry (07-30-2012), MoneyUnlimited (12-27-2011), oge (12-16-2011), SUVE (01-27-2012), troyzz (02-01-2012), unkown5454 (12-16-2011), usmanchughtai (03-09-2012)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

A solid start - I will input later when I can take the time so decipher it out. There are a few caveats to be careful as not every buyer will like this.

One glaring point is that mentioning CCNOW in your auction list can lead to problems if caught on by eb.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
MoneyUnlimited (12-27-2011)
Old 12-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Sure! Any input would be greatly appreciated. From my experiences, I have never had any problems with buyers not liking this. They've made mistakes (paying directly to P ay P al), but once explained to them they have followed the CCNow checkout process without question
Old 12-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
One glaring point is that mentioning CCNOW in your auction list can lead to problems if caught on by eb.
That is a good point, which leads me to this...

CCNow is actually not considered to be a "Merchant Account" per say. That being said, when using CCNow you shouldn't actually need to register a Merchant Account with eb. And, when I asked them if it's an accepted form of receiving payments, they said not recommended, but yes.

Haven't had any issues yet, but it has crossed my mind...
Old 12-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

True - I am still going to reread your post later once away from work but CCNow is not a merchant account (as you correctly stated) but it is also NOT on the list of accepted payment methods by eb so...in that respect, it's a potential dicey situation.
Old 12-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Ahh, I gotcha
Old 12-15-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

awesome stuff! - keep us posted and updated
Old 01-10-2012

Longevity: 76%

Do you REALLY need a registered business # and business bank account??
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 70%

An answer to Gman's question would be great.
Old 01-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Any US bank account will do - dont need a registered business but you will need a website.
Old 01-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

As RSOT above stated Ebay can be a Problem,,I also know that CCNow is VERY adept at booting accounts, almost as good as Paypal,,there are More Choices that will accomplish the same goal..

2checkout
Fastspring

BOTH of these companies will work fine.

There is also Worldpay, but the word was that they were going to STOP Accepting Paypal Payments, I do NOT Know if that ever Happened.

Then there is XOOM,,They accept Paypal on your behalf in MOST, But NOT ALL Countries. They do NOT accept Paypal for U.S. Customers
kronengriffharry (07-30-2012)
Old 01-24-2012
Executive [VIP]

Very nice list Slapped - never heard of Fastspring.
Old 02-13-2012

Longevity: 70%

This is some good info as I am trying to stay far away from payp*l
Old 02-24-2012

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
As RSOT above stated Ebay can be a Problem,,I also know that CCNow is VERY adept at booting accounts, almost as good as Paypal,,there are More Choices that will accomplish the same goal..

2checkout
Fastspring

BOTH of these companies will work fine.

There is also Worldpay, but the word was that they were going to STOP Accepting Paypal Payments, I do NOT Know if that ever Happened.

Then there is XOOM,,They accept Paypal on your behalf in MOST, But NOT ALL Countries. They do NOT accept Paypal for U.S. Customers
thanx for the info i've learned so much here its insane
Old 02-24-2012

Longevity: 73%

the webpage is what is killing me. what does ccnow define as an acceptable webpage?

when i used to sell years ago i did this using quickbooks and a intuit merchant account. worked really good. took a lot of time to hand key invoices, but it was worth it

Last edited by seanws30; 02-24-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2012

Ccnow is no good for software and DVDs
Btw
Old 02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffer84 View Post
Okay, I've been receiving MANY messages in regards to how to use CCNow. In this thread, I am going to explain what I have been doing with great success.

1) Register with CCNow: To do this you are going to need a Registered Business # and Business Bank Account. You will be giving CCNow your REAL information. In the U.S. you can have your funds Direct Deposited into your bank account. I am in Canada but have a U.S. Dollar bank account, but for some reason they can't Direct Deposit into it, so I am mailed cheques every couple of weeks.

2) Fees & Payments: I forget now, but when you first set-up your CCNow account, you will not receive your 1st cheque or direct deposit for 6 weeks(?) from your FIRST SALE. After that initiation period, you can select to receive your payments every 2 weeks, 4 weeks, when you reach a certain amount, etc, etc. The fees are a % of interest per sale (4.99% + $0.50 per transaction - on gross sales). There is also a $10.00 monthly fee, however this fee is waived if you earn more than $100.00 that month.

3) This is the important one. Using CCNow with e b ay:
Before using CCNow, I decided to talk to e B ay Live Chat, 2 or 3 different times, to ask them if CCNow is and accepted form of receiving payments. Each chat representative told me that it is NOT RECOMMENDED, however, it is allowed. I have saved these chats to cover my bases.

I DID NOT register a Merchant account on e B ay to use CCNow. What I do is this --- I use Auctiva to list on e B ay. Under the Checkout setting in Auctiva, I click the boxes that say, "I accept P ay P al Payments" & "I accept Merchant Visa, MasterCard, Amex, etc." Here's the key... Under the "I accept P ay P al Payments" checkbox, there is another box where you are asked to input your P ay P al e-mail address, where you would like the P ay P al payments to go to. In this box, put in one of your REAL e-mail addresses, but DO NOT put in an e-mail address registered to P ay P al. The reason I say this is for 2 reasons:

1st Reason - Buyers tend to not read the listing in its entirety. In my e B ay listings, I state that I accept P ay P al and Credit Card payments THROUGH CCNOW. I also state that they are to wait for an invoice from CCNow to be sent to their e-mail address and to NOT pay directly to our P ay P al address, as the payment will go unclaimed. Now, A LOT of times the buyer will just checkout using P ay P al, and will not wait for the invoice to be sent to them (because they didn't read the listing properly). When they do this, their payment will not be deposited into your P ay P al account because you inputted an e-mail address that is NOT associated with P ay P al. When they do this, you will receive an e-mail from P ay P al that will state something like this: "You have unclaimed funds. Please register with P ay P al in order to receive your funds." Because you put in a different (but real) e-mail address, the funds that the buyer sent to you did not get deposited into a P ay P al account, which in turn means there will be NO HOLD on your funds and no other issues with P ay P al. Now, when the buyer does that and you receive the e-mail from P ay P al (asking to register to receive funds), you will need to contact the buyer and tell them that their initial payment will go unclaimed because as the listing CLEARLY stated, you don't use P ay P al, you use a Merchant Account but they can still pay via P ay P al. Tell them to wait for the invoice from CCNow to be sent to them.

2nd Reason - If you don't input a P ay P al account e-mail address, and only check off "I accept Merchant Visa, MasterCard, etc, etc" you will need to apply for an e B ay Merchant account. Basically what I am saying is to follow these steps to be able to accept payments with a Merchant Account (CCNow) without having to apply to e B ay to accept payments with a Merchant Account.

If you do not want to use P ay P al to accept payments at all, then these steps are crucial because 2 out of 5 buyers will not follow your instructions and will send their payment directly to your P ay P al account.

4: How to send the CCNow invoice:
Upon selling your item, e B ay will send you an e-mail that tells you who the buyer is, their e-mail address, e B ay auction #, and total price. To send the invoice to the buyer, you simply log-in to your CCNow account, click on "Auction Invoice" and input the information that it asks for (Auction #, buyers e-mail address, total price, etc). The click 'Send.' That's it. The buyer will receive the invoice, click on the link to make payment, and then can choose to Pay via P ay P al or Credit Card.

I'm probably forgetting some other information, but hope this will help others out! The main point is to use an e-mail address for P ay P al payments, that IS NOT registered to P ay Pal, but is a real e-mail address that you can check on. Wow, my explanation seems like it is very confusing

Hope this helps!
In addition to this, you could also just send the buyers requests for payments through another paypal account
Old 03-02-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quoting:

"In addition to this, you could also just send the buyers requests for payments through another paypal account"

Can this work?
Old 03-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

It can - if the buyers are ok with it.
Old 03-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal View Post
Quoting:

"In addition to this, you could also just send the buyers requests for payments through another paypal account"

Can this work?
All u have to do is put in the auctions that u will not be accepting payments made prior to receiving an invoice, use the same thing as above, and when u send them an invoice with another pp account just send them an invoice with the item name(NOT the NUMBER)
Meaning "paper clip" .29 cents etc...

If they pay anyway just reply to that payment (the email without a pp account) to use the invoice that was sent and cancel that payment

Yes, of course, ther will be some buyers who won't like this and just cancel the transaction or send a second chance offer for the other buyers
Old 03-04-2012

Longevity: 80%

And to pay the fees, can you use that other PP account you used to sell at the beginning? is there no linking with a 1 time payment?
Old 03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal View Post
And to pay the fees, can you use that other PP account you used to sell at the beginning? is there no linking with a 1 time payment?
Use a gift card to pay fees