eBay Case->Agreed to Refund->Still Escalated----should I Appeal ??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Thumbs down eBay Case->Agreed to Refund->Still Escalated----should I Appeal ???

About 2yo account not much feedback but 100% and all DSR above 4.8, made 2 refunds without cases before.
So this buyer bought 2 items I drop-shipped.
Then contacted me claiming they're ⊗⊗⊗⊗, I responded promptly and kindly asked if he could send pics to proof his claim since items were drop-shipped, he ignored my message and rushed to open eBay case and wrote a long story in the description about how this item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and even how it was made.
I agreed to HIS preference to refund after item is returned, but the return address specified was from another country(the one I originally registered from), I forgot to change the return address to my current US address.
I wanted to give him a full refund and get rid of him, but couldn't, stupid payPal put hold on transaction and there was no refund option.
Though I agreed to HIS preference, he escalated the case to eBay, then you might guess what happened, ebay refunded him and left me with no item, no money, no FinalValueFee and 2 cases without seller resolution, just because he typed few lines of text without any proof of his claim.(I don't know if it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗ neither does eBay)
My questions:
1. How is this "without seller resolution" when I agreed to HIS preference to refund after return?
2. Should I appeal this case(decision) so they at least remove "2 cases without seller resolution", if yes, is it better to call them "Call Us Now at 866-501-3229 and use the following PIN" or through the website?
3. If I appeal should I make higher demands like my Item return, FinalValueFee, and case removal?

I'm 100% sure he's a reseller too and this is his buying account(I dug his feedback)
He recently changed his UserName
I had a case when buyer contacted me and opened case too soon(before I even replied), after I refunded, eBay sent a message telling that the case was open too soon and it won't count against me. He knows this rule and waited before opening the case(and ignored my response)
When I messaged him asking to close the case and I'll Full Refund, he said he'll only close the case if I reveal my supplier source and promise I'll never sell again

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Last edited by Sm_Art; 03-11-2012 at 04:37 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2012

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

my only input is drop shipping to me is a major mistake for so many reasons. If i buy something from a seller I personally expect it to be shipped from the location stated on there account. I also think if you are a seller you need to know your product and not just if its real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but the spec and such. Im sorry but thats really my only advise except for maybe contact him and say keep the product, sorry for the troubles and ask him to close case.
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I wouldn't do ANYTHING to bring any more attention to the account. It is a miracle it is not closed already.

It DOES sound like the buyer was looking to cause you a problem. But selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ makes it easier for them. In this case, although I'm sure he wants a refund, that was NOT his goal. His goal was to shut your account down.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
accutinting (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Thumbs down

Quote:
my only input is drop shipping to me is a major mistake for so many reasons.
1. Drop-shipping to you? I don't get it? Was it you?

Quote:
If i buy something from a seller I personally expect it to be shipped from the location stated on there account.
2. You sound more of a mischief maker/provocateur than my buyer.
Why would you care or expect item to be shipped from the location stated on the account???
It should be, AND WAS SHIPPED from the location stated in the LISTING.

Quote:
I also think if you are a seller you need to know your product and not just if its real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but the spec and such.
3. Who told you that I don't know my product and the spec and such, it was perfectly described in the listing and I never had any problems with this product prior to this.
Nobody complained about it being ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and that makes me think maybe supplier is trying to **** me?

Quote:
Im sorry but thats really my only advise except for maybe contact him and say keep the product, sorry for the troubles and ask him to close case.
4. I don't see any advise in your reply, just a random rant.
You don't seem to read my post carefully, the case is already closed by eBay, that's why I asked if I should appeal.
I have clearly defined questions in my post(which you didn't read)
If you can't say anything useful just keep your mouth shut and go on with your business. I don't care what you think and I don't want your smart*** opinions.

SO PLEASE STOP CLOGGING MY THREAD.

Last edited by Sm_Art; 03-12-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why have you changed your flag back to the USA?

Your IP is registered from GEORGIA.

You are posting with a Georgian IP.

Flag is for country of IP registration.
Old 03-12-2012
Threadstarter  

I'm using personal VPN, I use VPN for most of my online activity.
If Flag is for country of registration then i'm in the USA now. But looks like it's for IP.

Last edited by Sm_Art; 03-12-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I wouldn't do ANYTHING to bring any more attention to the account. It is a miracle it is not closed already.

It DOES sound like the buyer was looking to cause you a problem. But selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ makes it easier for them. In this case, although I'm sure he wants a refund, that was NOT his goal. His goal was to shut your account down.
Thanks for reply
I understand what you mean, but thing is that I don't know if it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or not and neither does eBay, since he didn't provide any proof to anybody, except several lines of text.
Doesn't eBay check that I've sold about 76 of these and all were fine?
I will have to check with supplier or order one for myself to check if what he says is true, but then how come nobody else complained about it.
One way or another, if it's so easy to defraud a seller with just some text and no proof of claim, then I guess I'm on the wrong side of curtain with wrong type of eBay Account.
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Enjoy the Georgian flag. :D

You have let yourself down as far as I can see.

You selected drop-shipping. Your 1st choice is to always determine that the item will be of a standard good enough to on-sell. By your own words you stated you had no idea about the item. You implied you could also care less as to its status.

You were careless in your listing. A seller has the final responsibility to make sure basic but equally important matters such as a correct address are given.
but the return address specified was from another country(the one I originally registered from), I forgot to change the return address to my current US address.

This has compounded into a situation where you have had to deal with a buyer that more than likely has got the better of you.

Tough luck.You have a risk of having your account limited for good. ebay/paypal will not tolerate phakes being sold. An attempt by you to appeal may fail. Then you will have really lost.

Put it down to a bad experience.Practise better social skills AND be more responsible with how you handle a selling account.
Old 03-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Everybody's happy criticizing me with cynical "I'm better than you" attitude, but no support so far.
Why hasn't anybody ASSUMED that the item isn't ⊗⊗⊗⊗, why is everybody on eBay and buyers side?
I somehow have a feeling that I'm talking to eBay staff on this forum.

I checked with the supplier and several previous buyers(out of 76) and they all confirmed that they're happy with the product, it's functioning correctly and there's no sings of it being ⊗⊗⊗⊗, and the item doesn't possess properties described by this buyer in eBay Case.
With that said I'm 99% sure the item isn't ⊗⊗⊗⊗.
My only mistake was: "I forgot to change the return address to my current US address." not a mistake really, just a human error.

Again, doesn't buyer have to provide at least some kind of proof of his claim???
If not then I'll have to repeat myself:
Quote:
If it's so easy to defraud a seller with just some text and no proof of claim, then I guess I'm on the wrong side of curtain with wrong type of eBay Account.
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quick question, Have you personally inspected the item itself before drop-shipping them?
Old 03-12-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysman78 View Post
Quick question, Have you personally inspected the item itself before drop-shipping them?
No I haven't, but I have good experience with this supplier and I trust him, I've previously sold other of his items and never had a problem.
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Well I guess you just had a crazy buyer. I've sold personal items that were real and got the buyer saying it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ just to keep it.
Old 03-12-2012
Threadstarter  

I guess so, but I feel like not appealing this case/decision is like admitting to eBay that it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ when it wasn't
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm_Art View Post
I guess so, but I feel like not appealing this case/decision is like admitting to eBay that it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ when it wasn't
You contradict yourself all over the thread.

You ask for feedback.

You get reasoned replies.

You then complain because they are not what you want to hear.

And we are at fault?

Unless you can 1000% prove to ebay the item is NOT as described by the buyer your case pointless.

All you are offering is 'your' belief. Please do not try to insult my intelligence this way.
You selected an item to DROPSHIP. Item may well have matched a branded item in the marketplace. Supplier of said item(s)offered you a price to sell them on ebay. You determined that you could do just that WITH A GOOD PROFIT for yourself. Yet you disclaim any knowledge of their being kosher???
You needed to know everything to sell and not get stung by a buyer...
Old 03-12-2012
Threadstarter  

I didn't say that you're at fault.
How do I prove it's not kosher when he didn't even return it and why doesn't buyer have to prove it is?
Why does eBay believe him on word? It's plain illogical.
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts

Ebay could care less about the seller, as they feel that you need them to survive. Drop shipping is frowned upon and this is your mistake.

There are buyers who look to shoot down accounts and start trouble. And that is what they do, they look for the minor slip ups on accounts.

The item came from a different local as what was stated on your account, the buyer probably figured it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ told ebay and you have no protection. Its just how the game works and yes, you are at fault.

No one here thinks they are holier than blah blah blah, its just that this has been discussed many times in this forum and is a cause to a lot of the headaches we are facing today.

You have to check the items before you send them to your customers, end of story. Each and every time you make a sale, have the item on hand. you cannot just rely on a buyers feedback from a foreign site, As some of them are paid to post OR have their items on hand and have checked the quality.

Drop shipping leaves too many botch ups for everyone in the long haul...
Closed Thread