I refuned money to remove negative feedback. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-08-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default I refuned money to remove negative feedback.

Hello, I am new ebay seller and I have some problem with a buyer.

The buyer bought my item(cellphone case) and contacted me to complain that the item has scratches and fingerprint on it.

this it what the buyer said
"Please refund my money? Or should I go through paypal? This product is not worth the $26.00 that I paid. It also arrived with fingerprints all over as well as a scratch on the green. If I don't hear from you today, I will contact PayPal and Ebay directly."

I replied kindly that according to my return and refund policy,the buyer need to pay for return shipping cost and when I receive the item back I will refund money back

after then the buyer left a negative feedback. I contacted buyer again but he refused to return the item back.

this is part of email the buyer sent
"you expect me to inconvenience myself repackage, print-out a label, and then re-ship you the product?! How about I report you to Ebay, PAYPAL"

we finally agreed that I send full refund and shipping label for free and buyer remove negative feedback. I issued full refund to him and sent return label 8days ago.

I issued full refund,but I have not received my item back.

I sent feedback revision but he did not response.

Seller Performance of My ebay account is below standard now.

I almost reached the standard with more transaction. I used to have 9 low seller rating and I have made more than 800 transactions to meet 1%. I expect to reach standard this month, but I need to sell 100 more transaction to reach it now.

This is unfair transaction, and I have lost every things, my item, money, return shipping cost, and I have a negative feedback.

how can I solve this problem?
Can I open unpaid item since I refund full money?
Please help me.

( I inspect all item before shipping, I don't understand why the buyer complains there are scratches and fingerprint on it, I have not received the case back and he never send any picture to prove it. he didn't ship the case back.)

Last edited by cellphonesolution; 03-09-2012 at 12:37 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-08-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
I issued full refund,but I have not received my item back
you should not have refunded the amount until you received the item. If they buyer said that he shipped the item and you are just saying the item did not reach you then you can tell the buyer to call the company and check himself.

sometimes it happens that you get a buyer that does not follow your policy. I mean when you buy something at walmart and want to return it. you drive back there with gas, wait in line with time for driving and waiting then get your money back right. You take the effort right. The same should be done online. If you need to return something then you take the effort.

Right now wait a few days or call the shipping company to see if he really shipped it and if not then put a unpaid case.
Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'a cellphone case'? Worth no more tha $10 & you made so much trouble for yourself.

All you should have done was agreed with the buyer.
This is what you should have done
Issued a refund

IMMEDIATELY checked the quality of your items.

Where did you purchase them

New accounts can not take these problems.

$26 is not worth your business troubles.
jamblix (03-09-2012), newjerseymax (03-11-2012), pod (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012

Longevity: 82%

Can't sympathize with you here, the buyer was kind of assholeish but, pretty reasonable. Why would you send a scratched up, fingerprint covered cellphone case? I would have just refunded him+shipping and contacted eB later if they didn't return it.

In all scenarios my buyers ship the item back after getting their refund though, which is very rare because I make sure and inspect each and every item before I ship out. Well maybe this is just me, some people might think it's crazy or dumb refunding before getting the item. I haven't had a problem so far with this method and sometimes avoiding a neg is the best way. Hell I'd have paid $26 to avoid a neg, you're performance records are what's carrying a stealth account. Poor performance = dead account high performace = $$$

-Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-09-2012), pod (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

i would of asked him if he would take half refund and i would send a gesture through post once feedback removed

forget the ebay/paypal policy bull

buyers dont care for them

if you mess up its down to you to pick up the pieces and do all you can to end the transaction on a high note

remember this ebay want buyers to be happy and dont care too much for sellers been happy as they will come again
Old 03-09-2012

Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

btw i would def send a nice gesture

just to show that your not out for yourself

buyers appreciate things like that
Old 03-09-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
forget the ebay/paypal policy bull

buyers dont care for them
neither does ebay
Old 03-09-2012

Longevity: 89%

This is why you should buy some penny auctions to buffer the dent in your score, also have accounts ready to boost you back up and improve DSR's as you could of refunded and you never know for sure if the buyer will work with you once that money has been refunded.
Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellphonesolution View Post

I used to have 9 low seller rating

and I have made more than 800 transactions
This should speak to you in volumes. Its an account with lots of transactions.

1. Protect that.
2. Is $26 worth hurting that movement? No. The guy was an ass you bet. But you should have sensed he was going to be trouble by his tone and just gave a full refund, say you are sorry and move on.
3. 9 problems tells me maybe you stand up for yourself more then you should. It sucks, been there! But sometimes you have to let the clowns win to keep the bigger picture rolling. And this is all about the big picture...

You should see how I am to be around when some tit backs me in a corner. I'm cranky all day. But in the end I think about what its worth to fight a losing battle. And that's the key, its a losing battle
The Following User Says Thank You to pod For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (03-12-2012)
Old 03-09-2012

i just recently spent almost $300 dollars to keep a buyer happy so thy wouldnt leave a negative feedback 26.00 is nothing
Old 03-09-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Ouch....!!
Old 03-11-2012

Longevity: 70%

Do you have an eBay message from the buyer stating they will remove the negative once refunded?

If you do, ring eBay and state you have a message confirming the buying stated they would remove the feedback if you've refunded. You've sent a refund but not heard back from the buyer yet. If you get a decent(!) rep they should remove the feedback for you.
Old 03-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yep had to do it this week too... Had a guy who bought flash drive and said that he uploaded a virus and messed up the flash drive. It was the 44th day after transaction to boot.

I just refunded him the $25 and moved on. I am 100% sure he would have left negative feedback if I didnt.

Often when they get money back it takes all the air out of the fight. He got everything back. Nothing left to be mad about. At this point they tend to forget about the whole thing.
Old 03-11-2012
Executive [VIP]

It's unlikely eBay will do anything. A refund does not guarantee a positive feedback and the buyer can change his mind anytime.
Old 03-11-2012

Activity: 9%

Firstly I do not refund until negatives are removed, the client needs to do something more than complain to get a refund before returning the product.

Also if you use the sales manger free application and print out invoice for your own records a lot of the time the clients private email and phone number is recorded there for 60 days after the sale. So inbetween negotiating with them I call them as well, a lot of the time they will not answer an out of state phone call but they are aware that you want a reslove because they will work out where the caller id came from.

I nearly always get a response within the hour using this method and the negative comment is removed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
BubbleTea (04-26-2012), pod (03-11-2012)
Old 03-12-2012
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackteck View Post
i just recently spent almost $300 dollars to keep a buyer happy so thy wouldnt leave a negative feedback 26.00 is nothing
Wow.

Giving money back does not guarantee anything.

For that kind of money I would not refund unless I get an email agreement from the buyer that no negative would be left if I refunded this amount.

Worked for me a few times, I sent the agreement to ebay and the negative was removed. Tricky but it worked.
Old 03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy D View Post
Wow.

Giving money back does not guarantee anything.

For that kind of money I would not refund unless I get an email agreement from the buyer that no negative would be left if I refunded this amount.

Worked for me a few times, I sent the agreement to ebay and the negative was removed. Tricky but it worked.
In my case it did buyer purchased a phone from me said it was defective so I had to buy a brand new one from another seller on ebay and get them to send the phone directly to the buyer then the buyer returned the phone back to me no negative was left and everyone was happy I max out my 10k a Month limit on this account so getting a negative over 300 wasn't worth it to me

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. A lot of interesting discussion - hope you make a decision and post with your action and outcome.
Old 03-12-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

You guys are playing their game, and teaching them to get things for free, from you and from other sellers afterwards.

Would never refund these bozos before receipt. Buy at B&M for triple the price if you can't be bothered to pack, print label and return a defective item.
Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

A few months ago I even had a seller send me an email saying "I got the item and love it. Send me one more free of charge or I'll leave you a negative feedback".

Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Why post this stuff?

Hundreds read the forum as guests.

Why feed them anything to be used against sellers.
Old 03-13-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

lol, I hope someone does something like tell me to send them another product or they'll leave me a negative. It would give me a reason to go medieval on them. I'd keep calling Ebay, contact other sellers to see if they had the same experience. And use the message to get the buyer banned.

I don't think that story helps scamming buyers. If a seller sends a buyer a free product due to fear of a negative then you're not too smart. It would be far too easy to call them out on it and get them in major crap with Ebay.

I once had a buyer sabotage an item and return it back to me. I reported him to Ebay and with no questions asked they refunded the amount I refunded him. I made a couple reports on him for fraud. I also made an in depth video of what he did exactly to the item. Something happened with his account but I'm not sure what. He obviously got some kind of warning or suspension because he emailed me freaking out. It was hilarious. He was a scamming loser.

Scamming buyers run out of luck. Eventually they will run into someone who doesn't back down (like me, unless I did do something wrong in which case I always remedy) and they will lose their account over it. In my opinion, stories like this help people figure out how to not let them get away with it. It's not like a scamming buyer doesn't know how to collect an item and then claim it was a ⊗⊗⊗⊗, or broken or never came

Doesn't exactly take a suave genius and internet searching to just lie.