grabbing cheap buy it now on ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-13-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default grabbing cheap buy it now on ebay

I don't understand this.
OK so I search for a very popular item, sort by newly listed. every 10 seconds or so, I click Search to see any newly listed items. I do this because I want to grab any cheap buy it now items. Some sellers don't know the market price or don't care so they list a buy it now at like 50% below market price.
Now what I don't understand: As soon as something appears, I click on the title to go to the description and grab it. but it's already been sold. why? how is that humanly possible?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Now what I don't understand: As soon as something appears, I click on the title to go to the description and grab it. but it's already been sold. why? how is that humanly possible?
You're forgetting about how big the active eBay community is.
Old 03-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
You're forgetting about how big the active eBay community is.
but as soon as the item appears, I click on it, but it's already been sold. I dont wait, AS SOON AS it appears, I click on it.
Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

It also might be possible that the listing was cancelled by the seller, but either way like I said, eBay has millions of active users. It is highly possible that one of them made a move before you, or the listing was cancelled.
Old 03-13-2012

Longevity: 75%

are there "bots" that can autobuy when its at a certain price range?
Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
I don't understand this.
OK so I search for a very popular item, sort by newly listed. every 10 seconds or so, I click Search to see any newly listed items. I do this because I want to grab any cheap buy it now items. Some sellers don't know the market price or don't care so they list a buy it now at like 50% below market price.
No matter how quick you think you are there will always be someone quicker.

As the old gunfighters found to their cost
Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugughandi View Post
Yes, there is software that will scan for new items
Old 03-13-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Yes, there is software that will scan for new items

No way! This isn't from Ebay right? Is it individual sellers that are using this software?
Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

I am sure that such software exists somehow.
Old 03-13-2012
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugughandi View Post
this is not a bot because if an item is cheap but it is broken then it is not bought.
Old 03-13-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
this is not a bot because if an item is cheap but it is broken then it is not bought.
Good thinking - I don't see how a program can be made to buy certain items at a certain price what if it's a cheap iphone used - working - but broken screen? it buys it? highly doubt theres a program for that.
Old 03-13-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanxful View Post
Good thinking - I don't see how a program can be made to buy certain items at a certain price what if it's a cheap iphone used - working - but broken screen? it buys it? highly doubt theres a program for that.
The software scans in real time for newly listed items it does not auto bid.
Old 03-14-2012

Longevity: 87%

gixen dot com will snipe items for you ive used it for years and it works perfectly. Thou it does not look or scan for items it will snipe items with me not being there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to download3000 For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (03-14-2012), rsot (03-15-2012)
Old 09-30-2012

Longevity: 77%

hey guys I need to re-heat that old topic.
I have the same question. I was looking to buy a new phone ( cant afford new one so an used would be perfect)
I refresh newly listed buy it now listings every 20-30 seconds but all the best deals are gone right when they appear.
Looks like the listing starts and not even a minute later someone would win it by using buy it now option.
I would not be surprised but most of those listings dont even appear in my browser in time. (Some of the show up I click and they are sold) Is it possible that ebay.com listings appear in europe with a slight delay? I dont see a reason why but I also dont see other explanation
Thanks for your help

Last edited by KoltiKolt; 09-30-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-17-2016

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: grabbing cheap buy it now on ebay

You can go about this a few different ways depending on what type of buyer you are.

For the casual buyer, you can use a browser extension to automatically refresh a page. For FireFox I've used ReloadEvery and for Chrome I've used SuperAuto Refresh.

For both, you basically right click on any page and the addon options are present and click to refresh per your set interval.

For newly listed BIN items, you want to be on the search page with sort option set to Newly Listed. Within the search criteria, have category and price min-max filled out also so only relative results come up within the price range you want.

I would recommend every 2 seconds to refresh depending on if your PC/Internet connection can full search and load a search within that time frame.

Also, I usually click (open in new tab) on the top 3-4 results before starting the auto refresh so that the title URL's turn purple color (have visited) so that when you start the auto refresh and a title URL comes up blue (not yet visited) it's easier to see. So out of the corner of your eye you're just looking for a new blue link on the top of the page to know that something new has come up.

If you're an advanced buyer that buys BIN deals all the time then a program like uBuyFirst would work. Basically, you set your search terms up and the program uses the API and other search methods to find the items before many other might even see them using the eBay.com website. The main advantage to using a program like this being able to strip out all the non item related text an ebay listing page has so that you only see what's relative to your purchasing decision. But, something like this is only for those who buy on eBay and resell for a living.

I use to do this for cell phones several years back and was actually a really good way to make money. If you have a reselling niche off eBay and ebay has the product you can really bank.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to monsterdustin For This Useful Post:
NewYork (10-18-2016)