***help*** Account Suspended - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default ***help*** Account Suspended

Dear Aspkin and forum members,

Thank you so much for building such a great forum. It's real asset to people like me who badly needs a solution.

I was a college student in the US and graduated last Christmas. I returned to Asia for full-time work. I was doing part-time on eBay when I was in the US.

When I logged into my account after I came back, my account got suspended in a few days. I had no hint until i found this forum. I still have some inventories in the US needed to clear so I badly need help to create an account. (My classmate is helping me to ship the goods)

Could you kindly tell me how to register a US account from abroad? I think the IP is the main problem since it's hard to register a US account with an Asian IP.

I would greatly appreciate your advise. I am a poor fresh graduate who badly need to cash out my inventories in the US.

Many thanks and warm regards,
Agen
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

xxxstore, welcome to the forum. Lots of info here but some questions first.
What was the reason for account suspension. Which country are you located
in at the moment?
Old 03-15-2008
Threadstarter  

Hi there,

My account was supsended due to abusing eBay. I don't know the exact reason but I believe they suspected my account was hacked. I am now in Hong Kong. Any suggestions greatly welcomed.

Regards,
Agen
Old 03-16-2008

Longevity: 94%

Also, have you tried appealing against your suspension? And explaining the situation.
Old 03-16-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5starstore View Post
Could you kindly tell me how to register a US account from abroad? I think the IP is the main problem since it's hard to register a US account with an Asian IP.
Registering the account is not the issue - you can do that. Maintaining it would be the issue.

You can purchase a U.S. created account from one of the account sellers on here (Modee (me) or ebayhateluv), but I am not sure how EBAY will react when you keep logging into the account from an IP address far away.

And proxy is not a solution either.
you can get an american VPN from abroad...
(see posts in ebay tracking subforum)
Old 03-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

5 Star:
Also- if u have excess inventory- and its already in the usa.. why not list some on our buy/trade forum.. u may be able to move some here..
Old 03-17-2008

Quote:
VPN is equivalent to proxy and may result in suspension.

Disagree!

A friend in the US could setup a VPN, him connecting to his friend, and working through his friend's ISP. In effect, it's as if he was residing in the same house his friend lives.

Friend is going to need windows server or equivalent. Or 3rd party add on program to allow VPN connections. In effect internet traffic will go from Asia to friend in USA, and then from there to wherever it needs to go. WinGate is a neat VPN software. But it's best to have your friend setup a real windows server 2000 or better.
Old 03-17-2008

Going by that your ISP is a proxy. You connect to it and it connects you to the web.

Proxy, or HTTP proxy service, is different than VPN.

There is no way for eBay to know that you are connecting them through proxy or otherwise. VPN is transparent and it's as if you were browsing, using FTP, or what not, from the same computer VPN server is located on.

Essentially you are speculating, and you are incorrect. You're going by limited knowledge. Not even realizing that your connection to your ISP is EXACTLY the same thing as a connection via VPN to a VPN server. The difference? Carrying protocol, DSL or Cable VS virtual private network via internet.
Old 03-17-2008

Quote:
No, we are not speculating. Read this thread all the way through:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...s-proxies.html
especially beginning at posts #34
Our thinking at the beginning when we were green like you was that proxies could work, but we determined eventually that they cannot. And that even with simple tools I myself could determine when a person is logged in on a proxy, so obviously EBAY can do the same.
I myself was able to verify that I was logged in with a proxy. I wish you wouldn't come on here and with your third post ever and try to gainsay what we've established through painstaking research, especially with no data to back up what you post.

Data comes with experiments. Members on here logged into many different proxies and I was able to determine that they were on a proxy every time. EBAY has at least as sophisticated tools as I have.

You are talking about proxy servers. I'm talking about VPN. VPN and proxy server is not the same thing.

Read this thread. Virtual private network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this one Proxy server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-17-2008

Plus, GUys:
Some of them, ebay wont even respond--it either freezes, or will not let u log in...
I have paid subscription to Smart Hide by Anthromax, (sp?)-
But anyhow, last August was able to surf on ebay, now u cannot,.,
Old 03-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Hurricane,

Thanks for your suggestions. You seem to have a lot of insights. Could you send me an email at agen.chan@gmail.com? I wanna ask you some questions about the technology you mentioned. Many thanks and wish to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Agen
Old 03-18-2008

modee if you get a private ip from a vpn provider like smarthide + make an account with a physical address around the area where the ip is, then shouldnt you be ok?
Old 03-21-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
If you read the above posts, VPN and Proxy can be the same. Anyway, please create a VPN and stay on EBAY for more than a month, and then come back. Until then, you are posting based on what you think should be. I'd love to see a VPN work - but your telling us it will work on EBAY without experience isn't helping anyone.

me and other people here in the forum are using witopia VPN without problems on ebay (see thread in tracking subforum).
this vpn is not being detected as proxy and i'm operating 2 US / Canadian ebay accounts from the UK since about 6 weeks without problems...
Old 03-21-2008

Longevity: 96%
Send a message via Yahoo to earlt

steve

when you purchase a witopia VPN, are you able to request which part of the world you want to be coming from? You mentioned that you have 2 US/Canadian accounts whilst you live in the U.K.

Aplogogies if I have not made myself clear
Old 09-15-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

i have been using VPN for more than 3 months from outside US ,no problem .
Old 09-15-2008

Longevity: 91%

kxmlaile, where are you located and what VPN service do you use?