1,000 Questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Everything Else

Everything Else For off-topic conversation. The rules are relaxed in here, but play nice!

Old 03-20-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Send a message via AIM to Throb-n-Rod
Default 1,000 Questions

What I Do Understand

1) Changing the IP and its importance

2) Cleaning cookies before and after each visit

2) Email....

Questions

1) Address: (a) How do they verify it? (b) Why cant you use one that exists, one for a vacant lot or condemned house? (c) Can you put in a forwarding address so anything sent to the address is forwarded? (d) Does the address need to be the same as that on the gift card?

2) Phone: (a) How do they verify, By automated system giving you a code on a voicemail or answering system that you type in on ebay? (b) will they ever need to call and talk directly to the account holder and if so then what?

3) Name: (a) Sounds stupid but you cant use a suspended one i.e. real name right? (b) If not using your real name then could you still take checks or money orders in any way?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 93%
Send a message via AIM to Throb-n-Rod

I need Help... I know from reading you should have a plan from start to finish. I have spent hours reading through tangles of thoughts trying to find the information I need to get my first selling account up. IM sure I upset people everytime I post, being the questions IM asking have been answered a 1,000 times, in a hundred threads. I simply don't have the hours to dig through all of this to get an account up and running right the first time. I wont stop reading, however I need some answers I cant find or feel have been fully explained in the posts I have read. I understand joining is supposed to help you get answers to your questions quicker. If you don't know all the answers just answer what you do know for sure like 2a or 2c please.
Old 03-20-2008

Longevity: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throb-n-Rod View Post
Questions

1) Address: (a) How do they verify it? (b) Why cant you use one that exists, one for a vacant lot or condemned house? (c) Can you put in a forwarding address so anything sent to the address is forwarded? (d) Does the address need to be the same as that on the gift card?

2) Phone: (a) How do they verify, By automated system giving you a code on a voicemail or answering system that you type in on ebay? (b) will they ever need to call and talk directly to the account holder and if so then what?

3) Name: (a) Sounds stupid but you cant use a suspended one i.e. real name right? (b) If not using your real name then could you still take checks or money orders in any way?
1) You can use a PO box or a relative address to register tough they probably won't send you anything so a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addy would do the job (make sure to use one in your area tough).

2) They call then ask something like "This is eBay calling, if your expecting this call press <something>" then they will give you your pin, you must enter this pin on ebay.com. I recommend you to use tossabledigits, cost something like 4$/month per virtual number.

3) You can use your real name, let say your name is John Doe, there may be 1000 John Doe in North America so that probably won't flag you.
Old 03-21-2008

couldn't have said it better myself, canadian and US accounts must me very similar huh topazcorp?
Old 03-21-2008

They are, the only difference is they don't ask for SS# here...
Old 03-22-2008

another thing i did was since my name is not a common name i changed or left out like 1 letter on my last name. so when i receive i money order i can just add that extra letter to my name on the money order.
Old 03-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
another thing i did was since my name is not a common name i changed or left out like 1 letter on my last name. so when i receive i money order i can just add that extra letter to my name on the money order.
That's brilliant I never tough of that! Thanx man!
Old 03-23-2008

Longevity: 95%

lol thats a good idea until they use some random shiny purple with pink highlights ink..
i still think the bank should honor it if its missing even 1 letter, you can say they forgot
Old 03-23-2008

yeah, that's another thing. the people at my bank know me and i have been cashing a hundred money orders a week there. right now they are letting me cash money orders that are made out in my friends name. i sign his name on the back, then sign mine under it.