Stealth paypal account - failed at first hurdle - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-03-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Stealth paypal account - failed at first hurdle

My ebay account was suspended permanently despite 98.5% feedback, 3+ years of 10+ transactions a day.

I am setting up a new ebay account and paypal account.

I just added a new bank account to the paypal account. I set the account as business, sole trader. This prompted paypal to ask for things like DOB and business type, which is fine.

But paypal said they need more info on the users of the account. So I filled in DOB and address again, and then paypal said it could not verify this information? The personal info is of a friend of mine. The address is not theirs though. How on earth can paypal know this? Why are they asking for this info? Should I open a personal account? I was doing big numbers before - well above a personal level.

Paypal is asking for ID and proof of address. I can provide all the ID they want. Is this the best way to go?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

things have been changing in paypal recently in that dept.
go as sole trader and leave info Blank where you can.
most of it you can leave blank.
then it will tell you it can't varify you, you need to upload Drivers Licence and Utility Bill in the account holders name.

3-5 days it will be lifted and ready to go.
used to be more like 24 hours, taking a little longer now.

they do know a little about you, some people on here think they use the electrol role. (as crazy as it sounds it makes sense)
i added a real person i knew at an different address than the one they lived at and it didn't let me past.

also watch out for the phone numbers as im sure you know.
don't let them call you on the same number as your old account. they'll link you in instantly.

Dazzwoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscruff View Post
My ebay account was suspended permanently despite 98.5% feedback, 3+ years of 10+ transactions a day.

I am setting up a new ebay account and paypal account.

I just added a new bank account to the paypal account. I set the account as business, sole trader. This prompted paypal to ask for things like DOB and business type, which is fine.

But paypal said they need more info on the users of the account. So I filled in DOB and address again, and then paypal said it could not verify this information? The personal info is of a friend of mine. The address is not theirs though. How on earth can paypal know this? Why are they asking for this info? Should I open a personal account? I was doing big numbers before - well above a personal level.

Paypal is asking for ID and proof of address. I can provide all the ID they want. Is this the best way to go?

Thanks